Nvidia GTX 750 Ti is it worth it in 2022?

legacyfan

like I've said before I'm working on my first custom build gaming PC with windows 7 and I was wondering if the gtx 750 Ti would be as powerfully as its said it is so my question is is it powerfully enought? if anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated-legacyfan

Edited by legacyfan
fixed spelling from gtx 750 to gtx 750 Ti

3 hours ago, legacyfan said:

like I've said before I'm working on my first custom build gaming PC with windows 7 and I was wondering if the gtx750 to would be as powerfully as its said it is so my question is is it powerfully enought? if anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated-legacyfan

No. Honestly, just no. I sold my 980 SC because it was struggling.

I'm on a Titan X now and I'd say it's the minimum today.

At least buy 750 Ti or GTX 960 4GB, if you don't require demanding games.

• legacyfan changed the title to Nvidia GTX 750 ti In 2022?
  • legacyfan changed the title to Nvidia GTX 750 Ti is it worth it in 2022?

oops I put the wrong card the card I was asking about is the gtx 750 Ti sorry about that-legacyfan

In any case , GTX960 4GB is a much better option , even for a low end PSU unit.

750ti won't get your far . It's almost 10 years old !!

I don't plan to do much heavy gaming on it just games like minecraft and Lord of the rings online lighter games (I'm also looking for one that has good downgrade capability to vista or xp in case I want to downgrade eventually)

Edited by legacyfan

I don't plan to do much heavy gaming on it just games like minecraft and Lord of the rings online lighter games (I'm also looking for one that has good vista to xp compatibility in case I want to downgrade)

960 works with XP and/or Vista.

thanks for the help @D.Draker but I think I'll just stick with the 750 ti for this computer it has everything I was looking for in a legacy gpu and has directx 11 support and opengl 4.6 (this is also the first computer ive built myself)

Edited by legacyfan

thanks for the help @D.Draker but I think I'll just stick with the 750 ti for this computer it has everything I was looking for in a legacy gpu and has directx 12 support and opengl 4.4 (this is also the first computer ive built myself)

You're welcome ! I'm afraid you're mistaken : it doesn't support DX12 ! It's 11.0 only.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750-ti.c2548

I realise I was wrong there are better options then the 750 ti for much better performence on windows 7 that are much more modern than what I was looking at (sorry about that) and ive decided to go with the 960 ti instead

Edited by legacyfan

GTX 750 Ti is a decent entry level video adapter for a general purpose PC when you're looking for playing "legacy" games only or watching videos in h.264 format. It is quiet with very low idle power consumption, which is important these days, and requires at most one 6-pin 12V plug. It does not have a h.265 decoder, for which you'd need Maxwell 2, but those are much more power hungry. One more thing to keep in mind that 9xx were the last cards with a VGA port.

Anything described as a "gaming" computer usually requires the latest stuff of the day. I think you will able to run basic 6-8 year old games with zero anti-aliasing in HD with a GTX 750.

This is s very subjective question. It depends on your use case. For light indie gaming and working with 3D applications, it will absolutely be powerful enough. That said, you should aim for a 4 GB card if possible. Shy of playing very recent AAA games, a 4 gig 960 or RX 470 should tide you by pretty comfortably. I use a 970 myself, had it since 2019. Biggest caveat with with 700 series cards is the lack of DirectX 12 support. If you don't care to use Windows 10 or play very recent big name games, this shouldn't matter too much though. NOW the 750 Ti is an interesting beast. It's 700 series by name, but in actuality it's Maxwell-based (like the 960). Perhaps some early revisions are based on the Kepler architecture, but all 750 Ti's I've seen are Maxwell. Do your research on the card. Decide accordingly.