Problem When Installing GTX 1060'S Driver (372.70 Because 376.66 or 398.11 Don't Work ) I always get code 43

WholsDrunks.

19 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Why such reactions follow, I don't get it , perhaps you confuse me with someone else !?

Simply I don't

How windows 7 is relevant to this question ?

That's the only way known by me how to play rocket league. It does not work on mac or on linux (Wine or proton makes the game stutter on nvidia gpus). it simply requires modern operating system or kernel mod not yet implemented by win32.

6 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Simply I don't

That's the only way known by me how to play rocket league. It does not work on mac or on linux (Wine or proton makes the game stutter on nvidia gpus). it simply requires modern operating system or kernel mod not yet implemented by win32.

See ? All is simple, you helped him, and I didn't know that.  And no need to get mad, thank you again.

• 3 months later...

I've recently bought a Gigabyte gtx 1060 6GB from a friend, who was upgrading his gpu and dispite it being the new GP106 it worked on Windows Vista extended kernel without any noticeable issues! :worship:

All, that had to be done was:

1. Running commands that disable driver signing enforcement described here:

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on

2. Installing the extended kernel 398.11 driver using the device manager (of course this means no Nvidia control panel but that's not an issue for me)

Aero Glass works. I've tested some dx9, 10 and 11 and Opengl games and so far noticed no issues. The fps was just as good as on windows 7, however i didn't keep playing for longer because as I have a Ryzen cpu, to avoid constant bsods i had to disable the usb controller in bios and playing with just ps/2 keybord and accessibility features to use numpad as mouse quickly gets really frustrating  -_-

obraz.png.f2f1b7e255ec92267737b3952d583c51.png

GPU-Z claims that OpenGL is not supported, but it's not true, just like it isn't with my laptop Quadro M3000m

As for OpenCL and CUDA i don't really know how to test them in another way so they may indeed be not supported.

Edited by TSNH
398.11 not 198

19 hours ago, winvispixp said:

try a blender render

I installed Blender version 2.77 and launched the "render animation" option. No errors popped up and the frame counter was increasing so I guess OpenCL and CUDA work fine as well (assuming blender cannot operate without them).

Edited by TSNH

2 hours ago, TSNH said:

assuming blender cannot operate without them)

it's been a long time since i last used blender, but I think the default option is to render on the cpu, but even if it's not you can check in the settings 

4 hours ago, winvispixp said:

it's been a long time since i last used blender, but I think the default option is to render on the cpu, but even if it's not you can check in the settings 

You're right, the rendering was performed using the cpu and on Vista the gpu is not even shown as available device (while it is on Windows 7)

On 3/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, TSNH said:

CUDA i don't really know how to test them in another way

I'm kinda glad you're one of the rarest ones that was able to properly read and use my NVIDIA tutorial !

To test CUDA, use MPC-HC and under video decoding select CUVID.

On 3/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, TSNH said:
  1. Installing the extended kernel 398.11 driver using the device manager (of course this means no Nvidia control panel but that's not an issue for me)

Nvidia panel works in my driver here. 

Did you find the reason why it doesn't in the 398.11 ?

To test CUDA, use MPC-HC and under video decoding select CUVID.

Doesn't work in MPC-HC either:

obraz.png.a75030812a3b8138d642a2fed1c49eb2.png

17 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Nvidia panel works in my driver here. 

Did you find the reason why it doesn't in the 398.11 ?

No, I don’t For some reason it also doesn’t work on my Windows 7 installation with driver 466 on the same computer, I don’t know why but I made 0 attempts to fix it whatsoever.:rolleyes:

I don’t know about Nvidia, but with AMD drivers the Catalyst Control Center is/was just for making changes in the configuration files and the registry, so you could set everything up as you wished and uninstall it or copy paste your configuration files from Appdata\local\ATI\ACE. They were being interpreted by the drivers themselves not the CCC

So perhaps if the Nvidia Control Panel works in a similar way, you could adjust setting in Windows 7 or older driver where the control panel works and import configuration into Vista system with the desired diver version.

Is there any way to use GTX 1050 2GB on GP107 core in Windows Vista x86 without extended kernel? Unfortunately but x64 will not work properly on my Kaby Lake computer.

10 hours ago, mjd79 said:

Is there any way to use GTX 1050 2GB on GP107 core in Windows Vista x86 without extended kernel? Unfortunately but x64 will not work properly on my Kaby Lake computer.

There was a very rare laptop driver 373.19 Fujitsu and MSI notebook . 1050 is supported and works with Vista x86. One file needs to be replaced for the desktop usage. Dixel had it.

On 3/25/2023 at 3:59 PM, TSNH said:

Doesn't work in MPC-HC either:

obraz.png.a75030812a3b8138d642a2fed1c49eb2.png

No, I don’t For some reason it also doesn’t work on my Windows 7 installation with driver 466 on the same computer, I don’t know why but I made 0 attempts to fix it whatsoever.:rolleyes:

I don’t know about Nvidia, but with AMD drivers the Catalyst Control Center is/was just for making changes in the configuration files and the registry, so you could set everything up as you wished and uninstall it or copy paste your configuration files from Appdata\local\ATI\ACE. They were being interpreted by the drivers themselves not the CCC

So perhaps if the Nvidia Control Panel works in a similar way, you could adjust setting in Windows 7 or older driver where the control panel works and import configuration into Vista system with the desired diver version.

Perhaps you need to ask @win32 then, since the driver you used isn't mine, obviously. Nvidia Control Panel and CUDA/CUVID/DXVA/Physx and the others you want, they all work in the driver from my tutorial.

On the other hand, I also checked his 398 driver and CUVID/DXVA/Physx definitely worked for me ! But then again, I have an ancient fossil , 8 years old GTX Titan X, a piece of crap for poor people.

In win32's 398.11 driver I didn't try OpenCL, OpenGL, WebGL and Vuklan, since I never use them.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran OpenGL Extensions viewer and here are the results:

obraz.png.149364af356f8afad277e1a4efa17716.png

So as anticipated OpenGL (not to be confused with opencl) works fine, it's just that Shader Language version is 4.50 not 4.60