ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

17 hours ago, we3fan said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

So this section, Viewport / Frames, is not an indicator of playback quality, but an indicator of Internet connection quality?

I tried this again:
v11 @ 720p, it showed 68 dropped
v13.5 @ 360p, it showed 1156 dropped; 17x times more dropped compared to v11, even on a lower 360p resolution hmm.

If I try to "fix" this in v12-v13.5, what would have better chance to work?
New Ethernet driver?
New Video driver?
New Audio driver?
Faster CPU?

Are you using v13.5 build 2022?  I am assuming that you are since we are in the 2022 thread.

Can you try v13.5 build 1030 instead?  It is very odd that I can play that ENTIRE video with ZERO dropped frames and throttle all the way down to 8 Mbps and yet you drop 1156 even at 360p.

Also, you didn't cite how many processes you have running (unless I missed it, I see msfntor's post but not seeing yours).

9 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The number of dropped frames is NOT IMPORTANT.

The RATE at how fast you drop a frame IS important.

So with what, what extension perhaps... we could see and adjust this famous framerate, please ....

Downloaded the "Time to 60fps" extension (Size10.28KiB): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/time-to-60fps/bipalekffdnpgbcfagbabaoocajncige/related?hl=en-US

"This extension shows the time it takes for a web page to reach 60fps"

After restarted the page with video: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183266-pretty-detox-posts/page/38/

- have these results on the extension's button:

How to interpret these results...

I never play video on the computer any higher than 30fps!

It is my perspective that anything higher on a COMPUTER is just ASKING for trouble.

That's why my computer monitors cost $50 or so when my big screen TV costs $200 or so.

And those are "cheap" by most people's standards.  I am NOT a "gamer" and I don't have any use for the "high-dollar high-end" market.

If you want 4k video on your computer, then you need to pay for a "gamer" system even though you don't play "games".

8 squares under Acceleration+System are unchecked natively...all unchecked.

...and under Settings:

"Enable smooth scrolling"" is checked here.

"Use system DPI" - what is this, to Use or Do not use, that's question, please?...

Edited by msfntor

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

"Use system DPI" - what is this, to Use or Do not use, that's question, please?...

Using this option makes 360Chrome scaled depending on your system's DPI. You can change the system DPI by right-clicking on the desktop, click on Properties, then go to Settings tab, then click on Advanced, then at "Display", under "DPI setting:", you can set a custom DPI. However, as for whether to use this option or not, is up to you. I myself, don't use it.

Edited by mina7601

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

For the Lab Settings page ( chrome://settings/lab )  --  UNCHECK "use hardware acceleration" and UNCHECK "enable Data Execution Prevention".  Also UNCHECK "discard background tabs", UNCHECK "reminder to optimize memory", and UNCHECK "reminder to clean cache".

All of these were already unchecked / OFF.

On 1/25/2023 at 12:28 AM, UCyborg said:

Google doesn't bother with optimizing software-rendering fallbacks. Yes, the slowdown from the old Chromium to new Chromium playing videos without GPU acceleration is normal.

Sorry, not sure if this is really (as) correct (as I thought). Maybe it works better out-of-the-box on stock Chromium 86 on supported systems, never really tried that. I know it's not as horrible on Edge 94 (with --disable-gpu) on my Win10 as it is on 360Chrome 13.5 on my XP.

I also know 60FPS video is nothing special, my car's infotainment does it without a hitch.

Finally, I know Android x86 of 2020 is pretty much unusable without real graphics drivers, can barely move the mouse around, especially on low-end hardware. Its compositor should pretty much be Google's code for the most part. On the other side, I guess most of us pretty much survived some moments without a real graphics driver on fresh Windows install, from old to new.

Edited by UCyborg

Has anybody been able to get 360chrome v13 working on Win2000 with BWC's kernel? All it does for me is memory leak without loading any websites. Only v11 works right, but sites are breaking on it more and more now.

On 1/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, msfntor said:

- then video above: 204 dropped of 5301- 450p - on 13.5 1030

Hi msfntor,

YouTube videos play OK for you with no problems (no sound crackles, no video lag) in 360Chrome v12, v13, v13.5 ?

Can you tell me which versions of .NET Framework and Visual C++ you have installed on your PC?

I wonder if installing all of these would make YouTube video playback better for me in v12-13.5 .

3 hours ago, we3fan said:

Hi msfntor,

YouTube videos play OK for you with no problems (no sound crackles, no video lag) in 360Chrome v12, v13, v13.5 ?

Can you tell me which versions of .NET Framework and Visual C++ you have installed on your PC?

I wonder if installing all of these would make YouTube video playback better for me in v12-13.5 .

YES these problems if browser works without refreshing some time...

.NET Framework 1.1 and Hotfix and 2.0 with two security updates...

..and I don't see Visual C++ in Ad/Remove Programs - so I don't have this Visual C++! Is't BAD ???:w00t:

I'm not sure if .NET and Visual C++ is the cause of crackles and lags or not.

I have noticed that my host XP will always play the cited video without dropping any single solitary frame!

But the same EXACT 360Chrome v13.5.1030 from within inside VirtualBox v4.3.28 will drop FOUR frames for the cited video, that's correct, only FOUR - but playback is EXTREMELY choppy the ENTIRE SPAN of the video.

The choppiness has nothing to do with "dropped frames".  Playback is HORRIBLE from within VirtualBox despite NOT dropping frames!

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames