ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

2 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I wonder if Official UNGOOGLED also respects TranslateEnabled?

I shall test later unless you beat me to it  :cool:

I probably won't. :) If it does, it may use "Chromium" instead of "Google\Chrome". Or something specific to it, you can check with Procmon.

ie, we know that Official UNGOOGLED does NOT contain the Translate to English context menu item.

But does that context menu item RETURN if TranslateEnabled is set to ONE?

My hunch is NO, which puts 360 behaving EXACTLY the way that Official Ungoogled has done things long before 360 showed up.

I'm probably doing something wrong/missing something here, but there's no actually "TranslateEnabled" registry entry at all. I tried using ProcMon as per @mixit's post, but nothing specific comes up. I tested Ungoogled Chromium 86.0.4240.193 32-bit.

Edited by mina7601

Hi guys..

I don't think so (that you're missing something or doing something wrong), mina, I also don't have that entry neither, however, oddly, I do have the following entries:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\360Chrome]
"usagestats"=dword:00000000

and...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360\360se6]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360\360se6\Chrome]
"ddq"=dword:00000000

On your Version, I don't have the translate either.

360.thumb.JPG.ac793613152ef79f9032066ed7a797b4.JPG

EDIT:

However, I do have those squares above the address bar still and in the tab below and I don't know if its skin related.

The skin I'm using, Is:

jisu9_chrome.srx

Edited by XPerceniol

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Awesome!  I'll post a how-to in one of the <reserved> spaceholders on how folks can convert the "base download" into a "non-ungoogled" and how to restore "Translate to English".

Follow-up:  "Translate to English" is intentionally broken when 49 "googleapis" (without the quotes) entries are batch-replaced with 10 dots inside chrome.dll.

These "can" be restored by batch-replacing any series of 10 dots with "googleapis".

Technically what this also does is replace 11 dots with googleapis followed by 1 dot, replace 12 dots with googleapis followed by 2 dots, et cetera.

There appears to only be TWO "googleapis" entries that pertain to "Translate to English".

We should be much better off (for those that want this feature) in restoring only these TWO and not the other 47 that do not pertain to this feature.

Will need to do some testing, more to follow within the next couple of days or so.

Confirmed.  Only two of the 49 "googleapis" entries need restored in order to restore the "Translate to English" feature.

Therefore, you do not need to restore Google's email service, update service, userinfo profile tracker, firebase messaging, firebase user topics, tachyon tracker, Google account manager, geolocation, Google password service, Chrome upboarding, Google nearby sharing, Google pixel langs server, Google client services, Google data saver, Google content suggestions, Google optimization guide tracker, Chrome wallet, Google fcm notifications tracker, Big Cache beacon, networktraversal, Google Alumni, Chrome Reporting, among others.

You also do not need to enable the Chrome Web Store portion of the "ungoogling" (ie, the persistent Google cookie that never deletes and spans all browsing sessions).

spacer.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

just beat me to it ...
found the two that are needed only.
will i notice anything with the other 47 left disabled ?
and there are also the gstatic entries ...
in short , should i use my chrome.dll with all changed or the one i just changed with only the two mods ?

There are 42 "gstatic" entries and I did not have to restore any of them to restore "Translate to English".

I personally prefer the "err on the side of caution" approach and would keep all 42 "gstatic" and all 47 "googleapis" entries disabled.

We can always isolate and "selectively restore" if some unknown feature that nobody has found in close to two years is somehow suddenly found.