ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

33 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The choppiness has nothing to do with "dropped frames".  Playback is HORRIBLE from within VirtualBox despite NOT dropping frames!

Thank you, hope is coming back...:hello:

Problem: because your VirtualBox is heavy for your Windows, then your Windows is at the end of its powers, and the video is chopped...Windows, when weakened, does video chopping.... I think

Edited by msfntor

21 hours ago, msfntor said:

YES these problems if browser works without refreshing some time...

.NET Framework 1.1 and Hotfix and 2.0 with two security updates...

..and I don't see Visual C++ in Ad/Remove Programs - so I don't have this Visual C++! Is't BAD ???:w00t:

Thanks.

So YouTube videos play OK for you?
But you have sound crackles and video lag problems if the browser works long time without refreshing?

Some rare programs can't start without Visual C++, so if you don't use such programs you don't need Visual C++ .

@NotHereToPlayGames
Your VirtualBox test has helped to narrow down the possible culprit, thanks.

3 hours ago, we3fan said:

So YouTube videos play OK for you?
But you have sound crackles and video lag problems if the browser works long time without refreshing?

3 hours ago, we3fan said:

YES these problems if browser works without refreshing some time...

NONE of the extensions tried so far actually work to make YouTube play inside VirtualBox without the HORRIBLE choppiness.

I do find it hillarious that the test video is the exact video used in the screencap of this extension  --  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/play-with-mpv/hahklcmnfgffdlchjigehabfbiigleji?hl=en

On 1/28/2023 at 8:26 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The choppiness has nothing to do with "dropped frames". 

As far as I can see, the number of dropped frames only depends on the recording quality of the video... I have found some videos with (almost!) no dropped frames, starting with 0 dropped frames from 2000/5000... see for yourself these 3 videos:

On 1/28/2023 at 9:43 AM, we3fan said:

Can you tell me which versions of .NET Framework and Visual C++ you have installed on your PC?

Probably most Chromium browsers are linked against static Visual C++ runtime, so it doesn't matter whether Visual C++ Redist is installed or not, the runtime code is in the compiled binaries. No .NET components either.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:54 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I assume that it just emulates them.  But that is an assumption.

Don't quote me on this either, but I think you can only emulate such hardware. "Using it for real" would mean host OS would have to give it up. Possible AFAIK, but then VirtualBox would work differently and would be overall different experience.

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

As far as I can see, the number of dropped frames only depends on the recording quality of the video... I have found some videos with (almost!) no dropped frames, starting with 0 dropped frames from 2000/5000... see for yourself these 3 videos

But most of these are available in up to 1080p resolution, you should get the same results in all of them at one common resolution (select it explicitly!), so 720p or lower.

11 hours ago, UCyborg said:
20 hours ago, msfntor said:

As far as I can see, the number of dropped frames only depends on the recording quality of the video... I have found some videos with (almost!) no dropped frames, starting with 0 dropped frames from 2000/5000... see for yourself these 3 videos

But most of these are available in up to 1080p resolution, you should get the same results in all of them at one common resolution (select it explicitly!), so 720p or lower.

Sure, all these three videos are on Quality Auto (480p) already one common resolution.

With other videos, I normally get 30/50 dropped frames from 2000/5000.

See for yourself...

Edited by msfntor

16 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Probably most Chromium browsers are linked against static Visual C++ runtime, so it doesn't matter whether Visual C++ Redist is installed or not, the runtime code is in the compiled binaries. No .NET components either.

I see, thanks.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:32 AM, msfntor said:

With other videos, I normally get 30/50 dropped frames from 2000/5000.

See for yourself...

So these play the best, but certain other videos with same resolution / codec drop frames, if I understood right? :dubbio:

Edited by UCyborg