ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

14 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

What do you have for these options?  The "unsafe" URL message tells me you have a third-party being contacted for each and every download!

No need to worry, I most certainly don't "have" that - my notes on this are from April and it's not something seen since. I'm pretty sure it had to do with the podcast server having moved subdomains to where the existing certificate didn't apply, but if there was any real MITM involved, that would have been very much first-party :angel, i.e. me temporarily intercepting SSL traffic. But the only files that coincide with the timestamp on those notes are some of those podcasts I never got around to listening.

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I think me and @UCyborg are the only two on x64.

How very exclusive! :hello:

BTW, not to nag too much, but why post  like  this when you can edit? I mean when you're not talking on separate subjects or replying to different people, and there are no intervening posts by others.

Edited by mixit

13 hours ago, msfntor said:

RAM with 360Chrome 13.5 regular: 455/3071 MB (14%) (and with my 3 extensions for now....)

455-272=183 MB for 360Chrome...

These 3 extensions are:

uBlock O.,

Page Load Time: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-load-time/fploionmjgeclbkemipmkogoaohcdbig?hl=en-US

Content-aware Ad Blocker: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/content-aware-ad-blocker/mjjigiphiihnhaiemofpiihnakifcjel?hl=en-US

And I dream to have a special 360Chrome build, ungoogled but with the possibility to download extensions from the Chrome Web Store...

On 12/31/2022 at 3:52 AM, msfntor said:

And I dream to have a special 360Chrome build, ungoogled but with the possibility to download extensions from the Chrome Web Store...

You have to have one or the other, you can't have both.

Enabling Chrome Web Store to funtion "as intended" also enables a cookie that you can not delete, a cookie that sends telemetry to Google, a cookie that you can not delete, a cookie that talks with each and every web site you ever visit, a cookie that you can not delete, a cookie that tracks your web usage across all browsing sessions, a cookie that you can not delete, a cookie that is even set in Incognito Mode, a cookie that you can not delete.

This cookie is constantly sending "data" to Google.  You don't have to sell your soul to Google to download extensions.  There are better ways.

I'm not so privacy-conscious that I wear a tin foil hat, but things like blocking this Google cookie doesn't require any tin foil.

But I do cook all of my Christmas cookies on foil because then the cookie pan last a very long time.

On 1/1/2023 at 12:17 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

enables a cookie that you can not delete

Since the launcher can delete anything in the profile,  are you talking about just using the "normal" in-browser means? And is this something peculiar to the Google Play Store and not happening if someone signs into their Google account for Gmail or another service?

I know you guys talked about this cookie a while back but I didn't pay very close attention back then and I only use Google for search and translation.

Correct, "normal" in-browser means will not delete the Google cookie.

I for one cannot blindly trust a Google cookie on a Google web browser that has a "delete cookies" user-preference but ignores the user-preference and applies its own hidden rules toward that Google cookie.

I use Google for search and for translate (but not the built-in context menu translate).

Everything web-based Google works without allowing the telemetry from the Chrome Web Store setting a Google cookie.

Having to install extensions through other methods is a small price to pay.

11 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Is anyone able to get past this Cloudfare verification?

https://mybrowseraddon.com/webrtc-control.html

Using 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_7_regular.

I am not able to pass it with with 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_7_regular as well.

It does pass with 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_7_regular though.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

13.5.1030 does not pass.

But 13.5.2022 does pass.

Thanks, I will give that a shot.  I thought I had the latest version.

Confirmed: Working.  I had to use a different WebRTC blocker extension though, this one is Chrome 88+.

Edited by mockingbird