ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

Hi

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

That's really strange. I would really like to have such values, but unfortunately I don't have them, and @NotHereToPlayGames either. On my Windows XP Professional system, the service pack SP3 is installed, fully updated including all POSReady updates. You have SP2 only. I find it hard to believe that this matters. :dubbio: What are your hardware specs? Without these specs, the values determined cannot really be assessed. nimportequoi.gif

Edited 55 minutes ago by AstroSkipper

here is my system with chrome 13.5.2022 in active use with only Ublock origin

2022-12-21_165446.jpg

1 hour ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

2022-12-21_165446.jpg

And System Physical Memory without browser, please?

- did you read my last post with the values, in the previous page at the bottom, please?

2 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

2022-12-21_165446.jpg

Your system supports and uses the feature Hyper-Threading with which one physical microprocessor behaves like two logical, virtual cores. Maybe, the 360Chrome browser runs differently on such systems similar to real multi-core processors, resulting in lower RAM consumption. Just a theory! :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Just now, AstroSkipper said:

Your system supports and uses the feature Hyper-Threading with which a physical microprocessor behaves like two logical, virtual cores. Maybe, the 360Chrome browser runs differently on such systems, resulting in lower RAM consumption. Just a theory! :dubbio:

I use Hyper-Threading on my Dell Dimension 3000.

10 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

True, I may revert to v13.2170 opposed to v13.5.2022.

I know they are all RAM HOGS.  But I don't care!  They WORK for websites I *need* to access!  And NOTHING ELSE DOES (on XP!

That would be awesome to put all energy into this browser build.

I think I found the bug...or is there a setting for it? The browser ignores Windows proxy settings:

spacer.png

Coming off Russian 13.0 something build, I forgot the exact build number, but there it worked. Neither the ticked checkbox in the screenshot is effective, nor the very last one (which forces proxy to be used unconditionally). Using regular buid, not ungoogled.

Oh, looked everywhere but there...it's enabled in default config (starting out with empty User Data).

Edit: BTW, --use-gl=desktop is presumably deprecated in recent Chrome versions since there's an error about not allowed implementation on chrome://gpu (tried on work laptop with latest Chrome) and I get the same error in XP in this 360Chrome build about that missing WGL function, like on Vista. There goes the idea of having functional HW accel through OpenGL.

Edited by UCyborg

6 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
7 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

2022-12-21_165446.jpg

Your system supports and uses the feature Hyper-Threading with which one physical microprocessor behaves like two logical, virtual cores. Maybe, the 360Chrome browser runs differently on such systems similar to real multi-core processors, resulting in lower RAM consumption. Just a theory! :dubbio:

Maybe, there are other members here who can confirm or refute my theory. I would be very interested! idee.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content