ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

38 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I don't even know why you talk about them.

Mainly because this forum is "dominant-Mozilla".  Or so that is always the impression I have had herein.  I seem to recall being asked what operating system I use when I registered here, but I don't think I was asked if I used Mozilla versus Chrome.  Just a perception I guess.  Though to say it out loud, i guess it's more of an "assumption" then a "perception".  Maybe because roytam1's threads have a very large following.

Attention starvation aint' gotta be easy, init? Get well all. This is a thread about the mod of a soon to be outdated mod of a (continental) chinese (some claim proof of russian hybridization, but I don't dare comment on such things) hack of sorts to an outdated chromium second cousin, twice removed. Meaning: hello! Let them watch your fb and yt life!

PS: I know all about it coz I trained that spy monkey that is keeping you awake at night, me gewd fella. 

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It is my understanding that the loopback is tied to "search suggestions" - which I prefer to DISABLE.  Unsure what else it is tied to.  But it is a common "question of concern" on firewall forums.  It doesn't concern "me", per se.  I just know it comes up often.

You eventually have to make a connection to the outside world for those to work. I find the idea of fussing about that INTERNAL connection funny because logically, if someone's worried about it, then they should also be worried about other communication between components that is not so obvious.

Those sockets are local and connected to each other, 'been there for over 2 decades, (browser itself didn't have the search bar back then if I'm not mistaken), something to do with pollable events in the internal library that couldn't be implemented any other way on Windows.

Agreed.  Internal connections do not concern me.  Mozilla does them.  Chromium does them.  I don't know how to "thwart" the exaggerations often posted regarding 360Chrome without some sort of "redirection" for a more "fair" comparison/analysis.

We are not all going to agree and we are all going to have a little bit of bias towards what "works for us" on our own computers.

I just seek a more "level playing field" then what has happened in this thread of late.

And, admittedly, I don't know HOW to get that "level playing field".

I felt like a "dead horse" being beaten over the head with a baseball bat the way this thread derailed so abruptly.

My head is still spinning!

I kind of have to narrow it down to this - I can pay my water bill and transfer between cheking and savings on my XP computers with and only with 360Chrome v13/v13.5 (for how much longer is anybody's guess).

Other users migrate to this thread for very similar reasons and this project has a "need".  It is not going to be for everyone.  Having "options" is supposed to be a good thing.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I felt like a "dead horse" being beaten over the head with a baseball bat the way this thread derailed so abruptly.

And I have a feeling when someone simply doesn't know what to answer, they just switching the subject.

I'm not sure why you felt like a dead horse , lol. Anyways, I'm sorry you felt like a dead horse . And your poor head, geez.

I intend to try this browser next to Newmoon28, to see if it manages some sites where Newmoon fails.

But as usual the bright white chrome interface is not making it very pleasant for my eyes. Are there any working extensions to darken/recolor the UI and/or the page rendering? Of course there is Dark Reader on the web store, but I see no "Add to chrome" option, so I guess the chrome version is too outdated to install such the normal way.

4 hours ago, gerwin said:

I intend to try this browser next to Newmoon28, to see if it manages some sites where Newmoon fails.

But as usual the bright white chrome interface is not making it very pleasant for my eyes. Are there any working extensions to darken/recolor the UI and/or the page rendering? Of course there is Dark Reader on the web store, but I see no "Add to chrome" option, so I guess the chrome version is too outdated to install such the normal way.

For the dark page rendering use these flags :

--enable-features=WebContentsForceDark

--force-dark-mode

The last one is for the UI in "normal" chrome.

But it will not help with the most modern websites, for example imdb.

Why ? because the engine of this browser is outdated, yeah , sorry to say it.

But if use thee same flags with, say chrome 102 - it will render them dark.

About the UI of this chinese one, its' for the author to answer.

Regarding "dark mode" - there has been progress made towards releasing a "dark version".

BUT there is no solution as of yet for what is referred to as "FOUC" and the default white "about:blank" page that displays for a split second before the dark mode .css is applied.

Regarding imdb - please detail what is not working on imdb as I just visited several imdb pages and everything seems to be working.

Is it WebRTC?  DRM?  WebGL?  JS WASM?  3 of 4 are disabled intentionally, I've never looked into DRM.

But yes, it is true, this is based on a 2020 rendering engine and there will be 2022 "bleeding edge of technology" javascript functions that will not work on a 2020 rendering engine.

All of us on XP must decide for ourselves if the 2022 javascript functions on the "bleeding edge of technology" are really important enough to warrant migrating from XP.

I already wanted to give him this solution, but you act faster.  It is true that I got up from bed a short time ago.
So the regular version it's the way to go to Chrome store.
imdb.com works fine here on 360Chrome, no problem (two cloudfront.net allowed in uBlock...too media-amazon, ssl-images-amazon).

Maybe your fan sometimes "is causing the HDD spin."? Change fan?...

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Regarding imdb - please detail what is not working on imdb

I wrote what doesn't work on imdb in my reply, it's the dark mode. The pages are rendered dark only partially.

"...it (the flags I gave) will not help with the most modern websites, for example imdb.

Why ? because the engine of this browser is outdated, yeah , sorry to say it.

But if you use these same flags with, say chrome 102 - it will render them dark (fully)."

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

1 - Regarding "dark mode" - there has been progress made towards releasing a "dark version".

2 - BUT there is no solution as of yet for what is referred to as "FOUC" and the default white "about:blank" page that displays for a split second before the dark mode .css is applied.

1 - From what I remember when I used this browser, it had its own dark theme. Where is it now !?!?

2 - It mostly depends on the overall speed of your PC, HDD and RAM speed in particular.

I have a short white splash with chrome 102 (only upon cold boot) and then zero of them.

With the old 13.5 I had zero of them.

Edited by D.Draker
forgot speedy RAM