ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

"Proxomitron".

- Then I couldn't find the "Enhancer for YouTube"...

Edit: found it by Swisscows... Size 436KiB - uh very cumbersome

And users say:

GameEntity903 Nov 18, 2022: "The extension has stopped working. Earlier it used to work seamlessly, now it isn't even working."

Ryan.M HarlowModified 6 days ago: "As of a day or two ago, it no longer functions...Could not get it to show at all... "

Edited by msfntor

Still works great for me.  I never read those "reviews".  They are ALWAYS biased.  And often posted by somebody that doesn't know what they are doing to begin with.

I have 4 GB RAM on all of my XP x86's, 16 GB RAM on this XP x64, and 32 GB RAM on all my Win7's and Win10's.  I will take a larger extension to not have to look at these ads which are still shown when using your "tiny" extension but NOT shown with my setup.

image.png.e9f780329d2a540fa3905d220ce9e6f2.png

image.thumb.png.666ecf409211d09a020e77daf90d9a0e.png

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The Translate feature will be broken in both the ungoogled and the regular.

Ah right.
I will try that mod on chrome.dll.
:yes:
UPDATE: Done that, now works fine, thanks!
:thumbup

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

"Proxomitron".

- Then I couldn't find the "Enhancer for YouTube"...

Edit: found it by Swisscows... Size 436KiB - uh very cumbersome

And users say:

GameEntity903 Nov 18, 2022: "The extension has stopped working. Earlier it used to work seamlessly, now it isn't even working."

Ryan.M HarlowModified 6 days ago: "As of a day or two ago, it no longer functions...Could not get it to show at all... "

I use Enhancer for YouTube, it's a great extension.
Be aware though that version 2.0.115 is the last version that will work on 360Chrome.
I think the later ones need a later version of Chromium.
I've attached it here, see if it works for you.
FWIW YouTube works fine for me, with uBlock Origin I never see an advertisement!

Chrome Enhancer for YouTube Extension 2.0.115 (Last for 360Chrome).crx

23 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Yep.  One of my favorites!  I couldn't get through an 8hr day without it, lol.

The other YouTube extension I use extends ad-blocking to "annotations" - which I can't say for 100% if I still need that one or not.

edit - confirmed, still need the annotation-blocker also.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Oh, and funny story on YouTube for at work.

Engineering Department.  And it's an HR rule that any audio be played on headphones and never on computer/laptop speakers.

The ads "in the middle" of YouTube videos are somehow blocked by the company server, but YouTube still plays "silence" that cannot be fast-forwarded for the duration of that "in the middle" ad.

But the ads BEFORE or AFTER a video are not blocked by the company server.

We are forced to use Edge at work (company is international and you will have your computer locked if you put ANYTHING on the computer that is "open source", we've had people FIRED for using "open source" software!).

And our extensions have to be approved by IT Departments on three different continents.

I got "Enhancer for YouTube" approved because it blocks ads before and after videos for feminine hygiene, razors, bras, and panties and it wasn't difficult to convince IT Departments that we should block them "in a corporate environment", lol.

edit - they used to block YouTube entirely, but they found it forced them to loosen restriction on USB Ports so that we could listen to music that way instead.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

8 hours ago, rereser said:

found no page load speed increase when browsing with the translate portion changed.

If there was any speed up as a side effect, it would likely only be noticable with foreign language pages. But I think the logic that got dropped makes up too small a part of what's involved in page rendering. I guess what I was trying to say was that all other changes just involved jumping over showing a menu item (which definitely wouldn't be perceivable) and this was the only one that involved a bit more.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Engineering Department.  And it's an HR rule that any audio be played on headphones and never on computer/laptop speakers. [...]

they used to block YouTube entirely, but they found it forced them to loosen restriction on USB Ports so that we could listen to music that way instead.

OT: Don't they allow you to bring your phone or a music player to the office so work computers needn't be involved? (I walk around with my Sansa Clip even at home and use Youtube mostly to watch videos, not for plain listening.) That ad thing I could totally see, though :)

Found a website link, that does NOT work (no content in the center) in all chrome forks (DCBrowser and other 360Chrome 12 to 13.5.2022 r1 ung) , except these:

it WORKS in 360Chrome 13.5.1030 and 13.5.2022 r2, and in ALL Firefox based forks ( Bnavigator, IceApe, New Moon 27, New Moon 28, Basilisk 52, Basilisk 55 Moebius..).

This website link: https://theinternationalforecaster.com/topic/international_forecaster_weekly

Edited by msfntor

Interesting what delay your config causes, @NotHereToPlayGames. Not sure how to time it right since it seems to keep sending requests long after it looks ready. I'd say 15 seconds on my Edge 94 before the front page appears in its entirety, by then the lengths show up, but the rest shows sooner. I remember 360Chrome 13 on XP also being in that range. Also, jeez, your workplace is a draconian one.

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

No slowdowns here, bc I use "Ad Blocker for YouTube" by Peter Pi, which has Size 23.32KiB ONLY.

Aren't you also using uBlock Origin? I haven't seen any ads with this one alone.

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I used this one in the past, but then I switched to ImprovedTube. I don't remember the reason, but in this extension, I really only use set quality function, show video remaining duration, automatically expanding description and adding repeat button near other playback control buttons. I also use Youtube polymer engine fixes userscript for cleaning up the front page and changing thumbnail sizes + enhanced h264ify.

Most of the time I get by just with a user script (and uBlock Origin, of course) as my favorite browser doesn't do WebExtensions.

I would probably prefer to use Invidious for YouTube on my main desktop if DASH streaming worked right, but if you block AV1 there, no video which YT also offers in AV1 plays. YT's Polymer interface is unbearable on my slow 1,35 GHz dual-core laptop, so I use Invidious there with default settings as far as playback/codec/quality related settings go.

10 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Aren't you also using uBlock Origin? I haven't seen any ads with this one alone.

Yes, I use uBlock, but with too many rules for YouTube... I have to clean up these rules, it seems to me

18 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

OT: Seconded. I generally use uMatrix with uBO only turned on for specific sites for cosmetic or script mods, and after copying just the following from the standard uBO lists (I don't use them in their entirety, no need with uMatrix), I haven't seen any ads on Youtube (except of course when casters plug stuff as part of their actual streams).

! Copied from official uBlock filters
! http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/page-25#post-2461804
! Specific cosmetic filters for Youtube home page
youtube.com##.masthead-ad-control,.ad-div,.pyv-afc-ads-container
! https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues/644#issuecomment-324214893
youtube.com###promotion-shelf
! https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues/1408
*_ad_$media,domain=youtube.com,3p
! https://redd.it/fg424w
youtube.com##ytd-video-masthead-ad-advertiser-info-renderer,ytm-promoted-sparkles-web-renderer
! https://github.com/easylist/easylist/issues/5112
! @@||youtube.com/get_video_info?*timedtext_editor$xhr,1p
! https://redd.it/ggcmkp https://redd.it/gx03e0
!youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com##+js(json-prune.js, *.playerResponse.adPlacements *.playerResponse.playerAds [].playerResponse.adPlacements [].playerResponse.playerAds playerResponse.adPlacements playerResponse.playerAds adPlacements playerAds)
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com##+js(json-prune.js, [].playerResponse.adPlacements [].playerResponse.playerAds playerResponse.adPlacements playerResponse.playerAds adPlacements playerAds)
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com##+js(set-constant.js, ytInitialPlayerResponse.adPlacements, undefined)
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com##+js(set-constant.js, playerResponse.adPlacements, undefined)
! https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/kg7224/
youtube.com##ytd-display-ad-renderer:upward(ytd-rich-item-renderer)

@msfntor

Edited by mixit

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

Also, jeez, your workplace is a draconian one.

Not for the most part.

The "problem" arises due to IT Departments on three continents.

All three get "automatic notifications" if any computer on the network pings any blacklisted domain.

It is only then that one of those continents in particular will raise holy h#ll if it was open source software (such as Chrome, Chromium, or Firefox) that pinged the black list.