Rant Thread

WinGlass

On 11/17/2022 at 6:52 PM, AstroSkipper said:

@D.Draker, I trust you, of course! And on the subject of energy, energy is everywhere. Matter is energy. Think of Albert Einstein's formula E=mc²! It means the energy contained in matter is proportional to its mass and can be transformed from one into the other and vice versa at any time. I know a lot about energy in the sense of the natural sciences. But I don't really believe in energy charged objects like an amulet, a chain or anything else for protection. Sorry, my friend! animiertes-schilder-smilies-bild-0145.gi I do not believe in anything!  I'm rather rational, logical and strictly scientific. At least most of the time! smilie_denk_24.gif

No one really noticed that my physical interpretation of Einstein's world-famous formula was not formulated correctly. Energy and mass are proportional to each other, not energy and matter which wouldn't make any sense. Anyway! I quickly corrected that. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

No one really noticed that my physical interpretation of Einstein's world-famous formula was not formulated correctly. Energy and mass are proportional to each other, not energy and matter! I quickly corrected that. :)

Polite people, maybe ? Or just simply stupid or under-educated ?

7 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Polite people, maybe ? Or just simply stupid or under-educated ?

That would be misunderstood politeness! Even though English is not my mother tongue, scientific contexts must be presented correctly, otherwise it would be worthless. 
That's how it should be in the natural sciences. yes.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

That would be misunderstood politeness! Even though English is not my mother tongue, scientific contexts must be presented correctly, otherwise it would be worthless. 
That's how it should be in the natural sciences. yes.gif

I'm mentally drained, sorry. Can't properly process the information . I've been under a lot of stess lately, due to my girlfriend now beeing 26 y.o. old.

And seeing how you all politely ignored her age, it tells me - yes, she's old and I need to find a new one, which again puts some stress because I'd need to find the best one again, 'cause I can't settle for an ordinary one.

Overheard the news that police around these parts is exercising aggravated control, hunting for distracted drivers. So not only we have smartphone addicts behind the wheel, some people shave behind the wheel!? :realmad:

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

@WinGlass it is strange the way companies always try to be like each other all the time if they would just be themselves and do there own thing it would be a whole lot better for everyone

Yes, and I have some examples for that.

Google Chrome, as of version 99, got an experimental new download UI that is similar to Microsoft Edge and Firefox's download UI. Mozilla Firefox, as of version 106, got some PDF editing tools (some being similar to Edge), and setting Firefox as your default browser, also sets it as the default PDF reader, exactly in the same way as Edge.

Google and their Android Auto...old versions just stop working and newer ones leave old Android versions behind. I stumbled upon this recently, he films the paper with car specs and price at the end (2:27) where Android Auto is mentioned with Android 5.0+ requirement.

This was filmed in late 2021 and even then Google said "No way, Jose" as far as Android 5 support goes, today they want Android 8+...

Seems there's no actual alternative and if I've read correctly from the source I can't find ATM, communication between head unit and the phone is encrypted.