Rant Thread

WinGlass

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Yes, I also very much regret that many of the actually technically interested members of this forum are not very communicative...

I also miss the senior members that used to post here when I got here. I don't visit other tech forums beside XP Forum and its quite slow over there.

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Of course, I couldn't know that. In fact, I thought that it was not meant quite so seriously. Mea culpa! But believe me, I was absolutely serious about the fact that when I was a younger man, I was literally jinxed by very special girls or women. :blink:

1 - Perhaps I just misunderstood the smiling face you inserted. 

2 - You have to carry something for protection. Amulet, chain or smth.

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

1 - Perhaps I just misunderstood the smiling face you inserted. 

My posts always contain smileys as you know. g031.gif

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

2 - You have to carry something for protection. Amulet, chain or smth.

I am not superstitious. :no:

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But I will "rant" this, we call this a "tech" forum but haven't you all noticed just what threads gain the most and fastest "frequency"?

This thread was created in specific non-technical part of the forum though. People come and go, it feels different here today than it felt 7 years ago when I joined.

And for tech part, it really only attracts specific niches, maybe there are forums out there with more "productive" discussions that deal with different technicalities. MS in this forum's name stands for Microsoft Software, looks like a wider spectrum than usually covered here.

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I also miss the senior members that used to post here when I got here. I don't visit other tech forums beside XP Forum and its quite slow over there.

Maybe, you and I will be the new senior members from now on. Time moves on, as you know. A look in the mirror speaks a clear language, unfortunately. smilie_denk_24.gif

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Maybe, you and I will be the new senior members from now on. Time moves on, as you know. A look in the mirror speaks a clear language, unfortunately. smilie_denk_24.gif

Yeah ... I followed @RainyShadow and this member was helpful when my hard drives was showing me errors and they were kind but I haven't seem in quite some time. I also wonder about @legacyfan as he offered us help with XP when we thought it was done-deal. I don't usually read other tech forums other than my other XP Forum but I don't them over there and that forum is really slow. Liz is super kind over there and even she asked where people are.

https://www.xpforums.com/threads/no-problems.934685/

Honestly, I don't fit in anywhere at all online or in real life for that matter. Anxiety and support forums I put in the rear-view-mirror permanently. I'm not that helpful here but I try with limited knowledge.

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

My posts always contain smileys as you know. g031.gif

I am not superstitious. :no:

1 - Oh, I noticed, trust me !

2 - This has nothing to do with superstition, it's energy charged items (enchanted).

And we all know what energy can do and we all know it has scientific explanation.

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

We still have my favourite DAVE-H.

6 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Well, there are 3 people that I have seen (and remember) and I miss them a lot: @legacyfan, @Mr.Scienceman2000 and @TrevMUN.

Those were really nice people!

I also miss @Dixel and @Gansangriff

But we still have @Tripredacus , who always comes to resque with a wise advice, even when others are silent. One of the things I really respect in him.