Driver for display Asus VA247HE (default monitor issue)

DrunkenTanker

Do you really need a driver for a display? As far as I know, it should still run fine regardless. The only thing I can think of you might need would be the ICC color profile, but that should work fine if you just download the Windows 7 driver and nab it out of there, then install it manually.

On 11/7/2022 at 1:03 PM, DrunkenTanker said:

Is there way to make drivers for Windows?

Just remove a few lines and change:

DefaultDestDir=11

to

DefaultDestDir=12

in the ASUS VA247.inf file for Win7 (ASUS_VA247_WHQL_Driver.zip): ASUS VA247_xp.inf

Edited by reboot12

On 11/8/2022 at 10:34 AM, DrunkenTanker said:

Windows detected it with strange title: analog monitor. Not model.

Unless the monitor has some features that require the driver for whatever reason, there is no need to install a driver for it, it will work the same regardless.

-b

11 hours ago, reboot12 said:

how to install drivers.

I open where all devices. Click RMB, Update driver, select this folder with 3 files including your, continue: "Windows did not found driver better then installed now".

ID field; Monitor\Default monitor.

*PNP09FF

Sorry that I spent your time and Thank your for help. I found an opinion that my case is graphic card's issue: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/93686b57-89a4-4048-89af-25184a487010/windows-xp-sp3-default-monitor-problems

My case is XP SP3, GeForce GTS 250. I will ty monitor with other sytem and teell you.

Edited by DrunkenTanker

• DrunkenTanker changed the title to Driver for display Asus VA247HE (default monitor issue)

@DrunkenTanker

• extract archive ASUS_VA247_WHQL_Driver.zip
  • delete file ASUS VA247.inf and copy my modded file ASUS VA247_xp.inf
  • right-click on the Desktop and select Properties
  • Settings tab > Advanced button > Monitor tab > Properties button > Driver tab > Update driver button > select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) > select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install. > Next button > Have disk button > Browse button > open file ASUS VA247_xp.inf
    6300849800_1668104946_thumb.jpg 8338307000_1668104952_thumb.jpg

The monitor driver can also be built using the Monitor Asset Manager tool. From menu File select Create INF...

Edited by reboot12

On 11/10/2022 at 9:29 PM, reboot12 said:

Have disk button > Browse button

Oh, it worked, I forgot to try this way. Before I selected Search driver in folder.
Now ASUS VA247 is everywhere. I do not see issues.

Edited by DrunkenTanker