Tutorial: Athena PIM on Windows 95

Nerdulater

athena95full.thumb.jpg.1ea9d69b070d48b720b4b18e81389ea9.jpg

If you don't know what Athena is, It's Microsoft's PIM (Personal Information Manager) which from my knowledge, only existed in Nashville "Windows 96" (4.10.999). But I have found how to get it to work on Windows 95 (I used Version C see screenshot) but B and earlier should work. (Possibly even 98 and Me but I haven't tested this)

You need:
A Windows Nashville Disk
Windows 95
Tweak UI

Notes:
I haven't tested this with certain other windows components so be warned, I am not responsible for any damage this does to your Windows 95 machine. 

1. Copy "Precopy2.cab" off your copy of Windows Nashville on to your Windows 95 PC.
2. Extract all it's files, 95 can view and extract them without 3rd party software, but if it doesn't work use 7-Zip
3. Go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, Windows Setup and click on "Have Disk"
4. Point it to where you extracted the precopy2 files
5. And select "Microsoft Athena" and add Inbox if asked to do so.
6. Click ok and when asked for the files, point to your Nashville files.
7. After it has finished installing, reboot your computer.
Do not open the application using the desktop icon, It will most likely cause explorer to crash. This is where Tweak UI comes in.
8. Go and open the "Tweak UI" control panel applet.
9. Go to the "Desktop" menu and uncheck "Athena PIM"
10. Apply and click on "Create as file", place it where you want (like the desktop) and click save.

Sometimes you have to wait for Athena to open, I find it strange like you have to give it a second, but it will open eventually, You can open it with the address bar and it may work. I'll put some more screenshots here.

image_2022-11-04_210447954.thumb.png.038973430720376d5c8d471f69a1a16f.png

Calendar
image_2022-11-04_210524194.thumb.png.bc2ecd681ed2ab4bd53d78316ca8a539.png

Edited by Nerdulater