[BREAKTHROUGH P2] New Pascal Special Microsoft nVidia driver port for Vista x64.

D.Draker

8 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I have an idea, why don't you try an older driver to mod ? 382.xx may fit your needs .Ask win32 to help you, maybe ? Ask him what to edit.

This one works with your G1030; 382.16. Link (this driver needs modding) :

https://catalog.s.download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2017/05/69d247ea-bb5a-4ff2-bc17-6756fb8d50f2_40cfabb22dae1d738e73c214d953b95c27c27211.cab

<completely OT>

I'm sorry, I can't answer this question ? Maybe your browser is old ? Maybe it's not Chrome ? Ask the admins.

Good idea ! I will ask him in the extended kernel thread since I can't make my own ! Thanks

3 hours ago, bromogatos309 said:

Good idea ! I will ask him in the extended kernel thread since I can't make my own ! Thanks

Here I'm already giving you the answer :

Search for differences

1. C:\Users\User\Desktop\MODDED_FILE\nvlddmkm.sy_: 14,283,864 bytes

2. C:\Users\User\Desktop\ORIGINAL_FILE\nvlddmkm.sys: 14,283,864 bytes

Offsets: hexadec.

160: 4B 4E

161: 72 6F

D6C681: EB 74

3 difference(s) found. 

Now ask him what to do with NVCPL , becuase I'm done for today.

3 hours ago, bromogatos309 said:

Simpler for you .

For 382.16 nvlddmkm.sys

replace 4E6F with 4B72 AT OFFSET 160

(must be 0000080000 before it)

Also

84C0740AB8BB0000C0

with

84C0EB0AB8BB0000C0

@win32, hi , I already helped him to mod, now will you (maybe) help him with the NVCPL, cause I'm done for today. Thanks.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:22 AM, win32 said:

Some users could not get the system past the "orb"

This is usually due to the nvWsS.dll missing 345 (0x0159) "N/A" in COMCTL32.DLL. 

NVCPL simply can't start . Win32, I suggest we talk here, because he can't even create a new topic,

and from what I see, @Dave-H is not aginst it. So we can discuss another drivers here, right Dave ?

As far as I'm concerned, you can discuss whatever you like as long as it's reasonably relevant to the topic concerned, unless and until anyone complains about the thread moving too far off-topic.
As it's your thread, that's up to you!
:yes:

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

As far as I'm concerned, you can discuss whatever you like as long as it's reasonably relevant to the topic concerned, unless and until anyone complains about the thread moving too far off-topic.
As it's your thread, that's up to you!
:yes:

Thanks Dave, roger that. I told him what to mod exactly in another driver and looks like he was finally able to follow the instructions, for those interested - the final is here.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181612-wip-windows-vista-extended-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=1235409

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181612-wip-windows-vista-extended-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=1235412

On 1/15/2023 at 12:49 AM, D.Draker said:

another driver

Will this another new driver work with Titan XP (Pascal) ? I'm currently using your 378.78 and satisfied, but wanted to try the new one. Thnx.

3 hours ago, Cocodile said:

Will this another new driver work with Titan XP (Pascal) ? I'm currently using your 378.78 and satisfied, but wanted to try the new one. Thnx.

Yes, it will. Though, I don't have Titan XP myself, only the "X". I tried it with GT1030 Pascal and GTX Titan X Maxwell. All is fine, follow the guide.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:06 PM, win32 said:

1 - Windows 2000 modified driver packages also had problems with the CPL as well. I have CPL version 8.1.950.0 on my 398.11, but I upgraded from 372.70. It also is missing most of its options. (actually, 398.11 comes with 8.1.940.0, so presumably 8.1.950.0 comes from a failed experiment with 411; but even then, some 2016 files were still present)

2 - But you say that you can use 38x without CPL and it works, but if it is installed, it freezes on the orb?

3 - I thought it had something to do with other PCI/PCI-E cards being present, as I know that a few others got stuck on the orb with those, while I don't have any aside from the GPU and I did not get stuck on it.

1 - Today I tried the CPL version you claim to use (from the 411.63 driver), it won't even boot with it ! (missing "NA") How do you run it ?

2- Yes. All of the 38x drivers (but I use iCafe), not the crap from Nvidia. I modded them a long time ago. Scroll back, I wrote it here.

If you want, I can give you the links.

3- No. It is the bloody "NA" in nvWsS.dll missing 345 .

EDIT: The question is, would ii be better to mod the CPL installer itself (it's a big package), or wait for the new kernel ? What is faster/simpler ?

What that "N/A" function even does ? 

Edited by D.Draker

@win32

The situation is very weird. Yesterday I deleted the bloody nvwss.dll, rebooted, and my 378.78 ran without it just fine. From the descrition, it's crap, we don't need that file at all. So I think - don't add that N/A 345 function at all. Do you see any other stuff that is missing in NVCPL ? Why it can't normally boot when installed with 398 ? To diagnose, run the full installer and install with NVCPL to see.

Do not use the "inf" install method. Before that I suggest to clean all old ones with DDU.

Remove the telemetry and online junk from the package with NVSlimmer (before you install).

https://www.opendll.com/index.php?file-download=nvwss.dll&arch=32bit&version=6.14.11.5655&dsc=NVIDIA%20Workstation%20Server

@win32, I hacked MK 11 and it works on Vista, absolutely marvellously with the 382.16 driver, min fps 60. Maybe you would be interested, if you have a DX11 card,

even the lowest feauture_level 11.0 is fine. It downgrades itself with the hack from 12 to 11. Also, I solved the issue with that missing function in the kernel.

P.S.

Guys, I don't know about illegaly obtained copies though, so don't ask. My copy is legit.

10 hours ago, D.Draker said:

The situation is very weird. Yesterday I deleted the bloody nvwss.dll, rebooted, and my 378.78 ran without it just fine. From the descrition, it's crap, we don't need that file at all. So I think - don't add that N/A 345 function at all. Do you see any other stuff that is missing in NVCPL ? Why it can't normally boot when installed with 398 ? To diagnose, run the full installer and install with NVCPL to see.

Does your nvcpl look like this? Still using 398.11 on the GTX 650.
image.png

I never had nvwss.dll, and yes, only that mobile option is available for some reason.

Edited by win32

3 hours ago, win32 said:

Does your nvcpl look like this? Still using 398.11 on the GTX 650.
image.png

I never had nvwss.dll, and yes, only that mobile option is available for some reason.

nvwss is some crappy online cloud storage plugin that installs on pro grade cards (like Quadro and Titan). It is located inside of the NvCplSetupInt.exe (installer).

I only use the British language installer ("Int"), maybe it's not there in the North American version (NvCplSetupEng.exe) ? To hell with it, I deleted it and I never used it anyways.

I can't even boot past the Orb if I install the 398 with the NVCPL, without the CPL the driver itself works alright, but I can't answer your question, I don't know how 

it would look like with the 398.11.

Go to the ProgramFiles/NVIDIA Corporation/Display - there you will find the files that are responsible for Video, TV and 3D settings.

Example nvGameS.dll is for the American version of 3D settings, nvGameSR.dll is for the British language of them. (where they properly spell colour, etc).

nvViTvSR.dll is for the TV settings colour (Britsih). nvDispSR.dll is for your British display (monitor) settings, those are language only, so you also need the ones

without the "R".

So if you were able to boot, and the files are in place, you could choose the settings, in theory.

@win32RDR2 (DX11 title) wants me to have version 442.29 or newer. I say no, and it quits itself,

I changed the values in the registry, still says 442.29 is requred and quits. Ideas ?

Funny thing it doesn't whine I'm on Vista.

Folks are having the same issue :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1174180/discussions/0/1742267854814479611/

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I changed the values in the registry, still says 442.29 is requred and quits. Ideas ?

It is possible it checks the file versions of nvlddmkm.sys or nvd3dumx.dll. In my case the version is written as 24.21.13.9811. So it would have to be changed to 24.21.14.4229 using a resource editor or by searching for the version values in a hex editor (these are UTF-16 characters).