[BREAKTHROUGH P2] New Pascal Special Microsoft nVidia driver port for Vista x64.

D.Draker

On 11/2/2022 at 1:42 PM, win32 said:

I noticed that the included OpenCL runtime in 398.11 is missing a function in CFGMGR32

So I started to dig deeper the 385.69 and compared with a usual Vista (non-kernel one).

These all are inside of the NVCPL pack.

NvUI.dll missing in SHELL32.DLL Shell_NotifyIconGetRect

nvWsS.dll missing 345 (0x0159) "N/A" in COMCTL32.DLL

nvxdapix.dll missing the following in  USER32.DLL

GetDisplayConfigBufferSizes

QueryDisplayConfig

DisplayConfigGetDeviceInfo

SetDisplayConfig

Do we have all of these in the kernel ? Thanks

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

So I started to dig deeper the 385.69 and compared with a usual Vista (non-kernel one).

These all are inside of the NVCPL pack.

NvUI.dll missing in SHELL32.DLL Shell_NotifyIconGetRect

nvWsS.dll missing 345 (0x0159) "N/A" in COMCTL32.DLL

nvxdapix.dll missing the following in  USER32.DLL

GetDisplayConfigBufferSizes

QueryDisplayConfig

DisplayConfigGetDeviceInfo

SetDisplayConfig

Do we have all of these in the kernel ? Thanks

All of them except for COMCTL32. x64 only for now. I should be able to add them back to x86 soon.

6 hours ago, bromogatos309 said:

On the gt 1030 part...I will try that for you as I have a spare system with 1030 and c2d e8400.I will post again when I make sure that it works. Great work on the driver 👍

Thanks ! But what are you gonna "try" ? I wrote except G1030 , no ?

13 hours ago, D.Draker said:

You mean you will do us another driver ?

No. You said that the driver was tested and confirmed working on 1000 series except the gt 1030. But have you tried testing it on the gt 1030 ? I thought you didn't have any gt1030s. Or am I wrong ?

8 hours ago, bromogatos309 said:

No. You said that the driver was tested and confirmed working on 1000 series except the gt 1030. But have you tried testing it on the gt 1030 ? I thought you didn't have any gt1030s. Or am I wrong ?

The list of supported devices is in the topic.

EDIT: But you may try , of course.

Edited by D.Draker

• 1 month later...

@win32, hi, so I bought that pile of garbage we were discussing a while back, I mean G1030, it was on pre New Year sale.

So now I can test Pascal drivers, would you be interested to join ?
I'll not be mad if not, 'cause I bought it only out of boredom, just for fun. 

I chose the fastest SC version with GDDR5. If one could call that thing "fastest". xD

I mean compared to the usual GT1030 with GDDR4 memory.

Edited by D.Draker
the tag din't work at first

It should not be a problem, although I am trying to get many new drivers working at this time as well. Not just the newer 4xx drivers for the newer Pascal revisions and RTX, but also for some other unfortunate devices I've come into lately like WLAN dongles that only support 7 or even 10.

Edited by win32

11 hours ago, win32 said:

It should not be a problem, although I am trying to get many new drivers working at this time as well. 

Well, I unpacked the GT1030 and tried it ... well to say I'm not satisfied - is to simply say nothing.

The picture has purplish (reddish) tint , like on the American NTSC standard with purple faces, like on VHS/DVDs.

Is it supposed to be this way ? I don't know. The 10-bit colour setting doesn't work, it leads to a blank balck screen.

So I replaced the card and it's all the same. I think ( a hunch ) the cheaper (lower numbered) ones aren't as good as the top of the line .

Binning process ? Anyways, it works, the only problem is the awful colour representation, @win32, I don't have any driver conflicts , 

like you discribed earlier, what driver would you suggest me to mod ? Thanks.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

So I replaced the card and it's all the same. I think ( a hunch ) the cheaper (lower numbered) ones aren't as good as the top of the line .

Binning process ? Anyways, it works, the only problem is the awful colour representation, @win32, I don't have any driver conflicts , 

like you discribed earlier, what driver would you suggest me to mod ? Thanks.

As 398.11 seems very hit and miss, I would try 391.35 or 399.24.