My Browser Builds (Part 4)

I'm having problems getting the Fritz!Box (Fritz!OS 7.50) login to work under Serpent v52.9.0 (2023-05-12) (32-bit), it's throwing this error:

TypeError: Promise.allSettled is not a function

According to: Implement Promise.allSettled() #1725 this was implemented a couple of years ago.

Does anyone know what I am missing?

Ben.

25 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

TL;DR: a) Roll back to a previous firmware, b) use a Chromium-based browser to access your Fritz!Box's GUI, c) change your router's model...

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=28995

https://github.com/martok/palefill/issues/83

Thanks for your suggestions but I already have a solution, and that is to use the latest Firefox browser. However, I come here to understand how to extend the capability of browsers using XP – isn't that the point of this forum?

I got past the screen in https://github.com/martok/palefill/issues/83 by blocking Fritz!Box's js/browser.js that puts up that useless message. In the console I can then see the Promise.allSettled error coming from components/WebComponent.js (but nothing about Bigint).

Ben.

4 hours ago, Ben Markson said:

I come here to understand how to extend the capability of browsers using XP – isn't that the point of this forum?

I got past the screen in https://github.com/martok/palefill/issues/83 by blocking Fritz!Box's js/browser.js that puts up that useless message. In the console I can then see the Promise.allSettled error coming from components/WebComponent.js (but nothing about Bigint).

I'm not a JavaScript developer, but to me, both of those functions sound "polyfillable" at first blush. Of course there may be more functions needing to be pollyfilled; it looks to me like the software just checks for "Promise.BigInt" to see if a whole suite of "Promise" functions are implemented (probably because they were all implemented at the same time in Chromium and in Firefox, so checking for any effectively checks for them all).

I'd give @martok a few weeks to take a crack at it. He's made great progress in the past few months in getting UXP caught up to Chromium 86 level, but the number of Googlisms to be implemented for full compatibility is evidently quite large.

Hi

"peertube" instances work with Newmoon 28, Bnavigator and Iceape-upx, but it doesn't work in Serpent 52/55 and Newmoon 27 . Serpent 52/55 must be missing something.

information:
Here a whole set of interesting alternatives for Roytam1 browsers running under xp with low resources.

roytam1, please add to the following browsers:

• New Moon 27.10.0 (IA-32, SSE, SSE2 and x64 builds)
  • Serpent 55 (SSE2 and x64 builds)
  • K-Meleon 76.4.7
  • Borealis Navigator
  • Iceape-UXP

the ability to exclude domains from the PAC proxy, as in Mypal 29.3.0, Centaury 0.17.0, Serpent 52 and New Moon 28.10.6a1 browsers. In the sense that in the proxy server settings windows, you need to unblock the "No Proxy for" field with the "Automatic proxy configuration URL" item selected.

Some sites do not want to work with Antizapret's PAC proxy https://antizapret.prostovpn.org:8443/proxy.pac, which I use to bypass torrent trackers blocking in Russia. For example, https://neolurk.org blocks editing articles when the Antizapret's PAC proxy is enabled, and https://vk.com constantly gives a 429 error.

Edited by Egorkaru

7 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

'm not a JavaScript developer, but to me, both of those functions sound "polyfillable" at first blush. Of course there may be more functions needing to be pollyfilled; it looks to me like the software just checks for "Promise.BigInt" to see if a whole suite of "Promise" functions are implemented (probably because they were all implemented at the same time in Chromium and in Firefox, so checking for any effectively checks for them all).

I'd give @martok a few weeks to take a crack at it. He's made great progress in the past few months in getting UXP caught up to Chromium 86 level, but the number of Googlisms to be implemented for full compatibility is evidently quite large.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure it's going to be easy for anyone to do anything unless they have access to a Fritz!Box. Unfortunately for me, most of the knowledge about these boxes seems to reside on German forums where, unsurprisingly, they speak in German.

I'm still curious why the error I'm seeing (on the initial login screen) refers to Promise.allSettled and not to Promise.Bigint. Indeed, the faulting javascript, WebComponent.js, doesn't even reference Promise.Bigint.

This is a shame as the Fritz!Box is an amazingly capable router/VOIP gateway ... I'm currently trying to set up VOIP. In the meantime I'll have to suffer the inconvenience of using my W7 box.

Ben.

18 hours ago, Ben Markson said:

I'm not sure it's going to be easy for anyone to do anything unless they have access to a Fritz!Box. Unfortunately for me, most of the knowledge about these boxes seems to reside on German forums where, unsurprisingly, they speak in German.

I'm still curious why the error I'm seeing (on the initial login screen) refers to Promise.allSettled and not to Promise.Bigint. Indeed, the faulting javascript, WebComponent.js, doesn't even reference Promise.Bigint.

Martok is German, it seems; so there shouldn't be a language barrier. Also, just look for BigInt, not Promise.BigInt - BigInt is a data type, not specifically a Promise method.

I must admit, I too am a bit puzzled as to why Promise.allSettled returns that message if you block the test script. The Promise class is supported - it's only BigInt that's missing. So I'm guessing the error message is wrong, or at least misleading, and that the true problem is related to needing the BigInt method and type after all.

A big(int) problem with polyfilling BigInt, I suspect, would be performance. It might "work" but be too slow to be practical. Depends on just what FritzOS uses BigInts for.

The New Moon 28.10.6a1 browser has a bug with sending DNS requests through proxy servers, which is not present in the Serpent 52, New Moon 27.10.0 and K-Meleon 76.4.7 browsers. As a result, using the New Moon 28.10.6a1 browser with Antizapret's PAC proxy, I can't access the Kinozal.tv torrent tracker, although it works fine on RuTracker.org and NNM-Club:

1829578616_.thumb.png.fbee8ee421645b63b76e2b9dcce8719e.png363938449_2.png.c99f9d0d940ecd3d74bdfd757b002e9a.png1452727338_3.png.abafd3f562b344a49b0aafb260cd3b74.png

roytam1, please fix the bug with sending DNS requests through proxy servers in the New Moon 28.10.6a1 browser.

3 hours ago, Egorkaru said:

The New Moon 28.10.6a1 browser has a bug with sending DNS requests through proxy servers, which is not present in the Serpent 52, New Moon 27.10.0 and K-Meleon 76.4.7 browsers. As a result, using the New Moon 28.10.6a1 browser with Antizapret's PAC proxy, I can't access the Kinozal.tv torrent tracker, although it works fine on RuTracker.org and NNM-Club:

1829578616_.thumb.png.fbee8ee421645b63b76e2b9dcce8719e.png363938449_2.png.c99f9d0d940ecd3d74bdfd757b002e9a.png1452727338_3.png.abafd3f562b344a49b0aafb260cd3b74.png

roytam1, please fix the bug with sending DNS requests through proxy servers in the New Moon 28.10.6a1 browser.

since you're on newer windows, you may try on official build to see if problem persists.

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

since you're on newer windows, you may try on official build to see if problem persists.

In the official builds of the Pale Moon and Basilisk browsers for Win7+ by Moonchild Productions with Antizapret's PAC proxy https://antizapret.prostovpn.org:8443/proxy.pac, the Kinozal.tv torrent tracker opens correctly. Kinozal.tv also opens correctly in your Serpent 52, New Moon 27.10.0 and K-Meleon 76.4.7 browsers for Windows XP/Vista. The bug with sending DNS requests through Antizapret's PAC proxy is present only in the New Moon 28.10.6a1.

On 5/11/2023 at 8:50 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Has anyone tried to open a RapidGator link in New Moon 28 the last months? The final captcha doesn't work anymore in the last releases. Doesn't matter which link is selected. :(

Just tested a rapidgator download, and it works fine here. The captcha is to fill in a bunch of words. It passes.

Roytam's Newmoon Version 28/10.6a1 (32-bit) (2023-01-13)

Useragent switcher fake ID; Firefox 105 (Win10 64-bit)

Ublock origin running