My Browser Builds (Part 4)

11 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Well, e10s is a numeronym; "10" denotes the number of letters omitted between the first one, "e", and the last one, "s"; see also this article; for similar numeronyms i18n and L10n, Wiki has a separate entry here :) ...

Numeronym! Precisely defined (just as we know you :P) and mathematically interesting! I appreciate this kind of marginal note. :)

8 hours ago, feodor2 said:

Greetings @roytam1, i want to build the serpent from the source, and 20220806 version

I clone uxp, switch to custom then checkout for https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/4200e26d23da41410b7b7f5a5a6110b381df44e2,

Building fails - i get this

Fine, in mypal i have intl/icu with disabled these vista-7 things, i replace with my icu.

Next i get erro about ulIvBits here

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/blob/4200e26d23da41410b7b7f5a5a6110b381df44e2/dom/crypto/WebCryptoTask.cpp#L638

Actually it is no any ulIvBits elsewhere. I wonder how did you build your 20220806, please tell how to reproduce.

I am at the research of Cauldronfare - the uprising cancer of the web, which capchta pass fails on the mypal, but it passes fine on the serpent so i want to find out why.

Likely things between 20220806 and 20220827 affects

the changes between them is here: https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/compare/e36be164d...5ae83c47f

and I think what you want is: https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/1270657ba0b345912ab8a86f27467d7788116ae7

and eventually here: https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProductions/UXP/issues/1975

Edited by roytam1

8 hours ago, feodor2 said:

i want to build the serpent from the source, and 20220806 version

@feodor2 Nice to see you here, why not joining Roytam1 with additional help with his UXP browser builds? The more capable people are around, the longer UXP for all Systems can stay at least partly relevant :)

Howdy folks. It's been a long time. More than a year without internet access. I have moved once again and here I have internet.

I always used Basilisk because it is stable on my system and all the extensions I use work perfectly. Today I downloaded the latest update -always grateful Roytam1- and the only site I can't get to work is WhatsAppWeb.

Sorry if this is a normal bug or you were discussing it in a separate thread. I've been away for a long time and I can't find any info about it.

Any help? I leave a screenshot just in case.

screen.jpg

I can confirm that the issue I had on New Moon/Serpent/IceApe-UXP is also reproducible with the latest official PaleMoon release 32.1.0, I tested on Windows 7 with a different PC and again with a clean profile. So it is not a bug specific to Roy's UXP fork. Maybe I should report this to the palemoon forums? I ma not sure it is worth the time creating an account just for this.

Here is the image showing that the comment 1 gets repeated after posting comment 2:

PaleMoon_GitHub_doublepost.thumb.png.73d61025cf1c792caede66267f5eeb20.png

36 minutes ago, RamonUn said:

reproducible with the latest official PaleMoon release 32.1.0, I tested on Windows 7 with a different PC and again with a clean profile. So it is not a bug specific to Roy's UXP fork. Maybe I should report this to the palemoon forums? I ma not sure it is worth the time creating an account just for this.

yeah, someone may report this to upstream via repo's issue tracker or their forum. but who can take up this job? (I can't as my position stands(or say, being standed))

and my advice: if you're going to report this to upstream, better register with different handle name than here's, and capture different screenshot which is not disclosed here,

51 minutes ago, chermany4ever said:

the only site I can't get to work is WhatsAppWeb.

if you have newer OS environment, you may test with official PM32.1 to see if whatsapp is working on official build or not. and report to them if it doesn't.

and FYI: mypal68.13 works (with general.useragent.override.web.whatsapp.com="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:78.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.9" (without quotes) in about:config)

Edited by roytam1

35 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

Yes! this is it, and now no need to build, just set network.http.sendOriginHeader;1

Although never liked and used the merge thing on the github i thing it does a mess.

20 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

yeah, someone may report this to upstream via repo's issue tracker or their forum. but who can take up this job? (I can't as my position stands(or say, being standed))

and my advice: if you're going to report this to upstream, better register with different handle name than here's, and capture different screenshot which is not disclosed here,

if you have newer OS environment, you may test with official PM32.1 to see if whatsapp is working on official build or not. and report to them if it doesn't.

No, I'm still with my old XP, as always. I tried to use PM but it doesn't work at all on my system. It won't even start.

21 minutes ago, chermany4ever said:

No, I'm still with my old XP, as always. I tried to use PM but it doesn't work at all on my system. It won't even start.

then you may try mypal68.13, it seems to work.

(just to remind that mypal68 can cause BSoD on some systems, better save your works before testing it!)

Edited by roytam1

41 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

Although never liked and used the merge thing on the github i thing it does a mess.

not github specified, but general git usage/concept.

unfortunately this is how git works, and it could be more troublesome if in svn/cvs way. (for having a upstream-tracking branch and a dev/work branch for actual porting and merging in same repo)

Edited by roytam1

46 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

then you may trying mypal68.13, it seems to work

Wow! I didn't know feodor is back in action. Thank you very much!   : )

edit:  Mypal is not working on my system. Won't even start. : (

Edited by chermany4ever
bad news

22 minutes ago, chermany4ever said:

edit:  Mypal is not working on my system. Won't even start. : (

MyPal68 requires a "modern" CPU (SSE2 able or beter IIRC), Plus it will only run stable if you have Windows XP SP3

In theory it should not require you to install Visual Studio 2017 runtime because it already contains all dlls in its directory.

So in short if you got Windows XP SP3 + Pentium4 or later it *should* run. then again I just say *should*

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

not github specified, but general git usage/concept.

I work with git since my first mypal, and the merge thing is always annoying, i have decided never use it myself, i found cherrypeeks do well instead merge.  As for svn it was just simple things.

@chermany4ever

If your pc match written above and you want while can't run mypal68 please go to

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183495-mypal-68

and ask there, until i online.

1 hour ago, RamonUn said:

MyPal68 requires a "modern" CPU (SSE2 able or beter IIRC), Plus it will only run stable if you have Windows XP SP3

In theory it should not require you to install Visual Studio 2017 runtime because it already contains all dlls in its directory.

So in short if you got Windows XP SP3 + Pentium4 or later it *should* run. then again I just say *should*

I use XP SP2. It's not going to work. Thanks anyway Ramon!