My Browser Builds (Part 4)

10 hours ago, mina7601 said:

It's here: https://www.catsxp.com/history?more=1

Just scroll down to the bottom and click on "v0.8.1", then scroll down and click on "v0.6.3".

Thank you Mina, but today, now, the latest version at the bottom is: v0.8.1 [2020-11-01 17:15:00] - sadly...

EDIT: - yes, click at this latest version's link,so that you have all the old versions in front of your eyes...

There was problem I have, download link is absent for v0.6.3, latest download link is under v0.8.1 link...

Edited by msfntor

8 hours ago, Destro said:

which roytam browser is least laggy.  The ones I've tested just chug even on moderately powerful enough hardware.

If you're seeking "best performing", then you will NOT want to update each ane every week just because a "new" release is release each and every week.

I personally find that the 2018 versions of roytam's offerings are way WAY faster then anything new!

BUT then you run into compatibility issues on the "modern web".

This is NOT Google's fault!  They do NOT come up with javascript functions, they just do better at "compliance" to web standards !!! !!! !!!

These days, if you really really "must" use 'these browsers', then you also MUST come to the understanding that they will NOT be able to do "everything" on the internet.

So you will become like most of us here - a DOZEN web browsers installed on your computer - one for this, one for that, another for those, still another for these.

16 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

If you're seeking "best performing", then you will NOT want to update each ane every week just because a "new" release is release each and every week.

I personally find that the 2018 versions of roytam's offerings are way WAY faster then anything new!

Sure!

That's why I've using the Basilisk Moebius 20210130 version...

Hello @roytam1! Even though there are members here who don't appreciate weekly updates of your browsers, I would like to thank you for your regular browser releases, the time you spend on them and your enthusiasm. You maintain so many projects with an incredible continuity that is quite impressive. New Moon 28 and Serpent are my main browsers in Windows XP. And they even work with YouTube on older computers, where 360Chrome is a total failure.

Many thanks for that!  bravo.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

27 minutes ago, shelby said:

I hope he will update retrozilla in near future

As far as I can see, rzbrowser and retrozilla-suite were last updated on 2022-12-08. That's pretty recent for browsers targeting such old operating systems like Win 95+, isn't it? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper

7 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

As far as I can see, rzbrowser and retrozilla-suite were last updated on 2022-12-08. That's pretty recent for browsers targeting such old operating systems like Win 95+, isn't it? :dubbio:

yes

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Even though there are members here who don't appreciate weekly updates of your browsers

That's out of context and not exactly what I said.  I "appreciate" the weekly updates even if I don't update every week.  I do download every week, update in a VirtualBox, and decide for myself if the host OS also requires the update.

7 hours ago, msfntor said:

There was problem I have, download link is absent for v0.6.3, latest download link is under v0.8.1 link...

... <_< You were not paying attention, were you:

On 2/1/2023 at 12:22 AM, VistaLover said:
  On 2/6/2021 at 2:18 AM, g_m_1990_ said:

Edit: Now I completely won't recommend this to anyone now, as the developer removed 0.6.3 download link and mentioned in his reply email to me that he has given up Windows Vista support.

30 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That's out of context and not exactly what I said.  I "appreciate" the weekly updates even if I don't update every week.  I do download every week, update in a VirtualBox, and decide for myself if the host OS also requires the update.

That's not out of context. Did I mention you? nimportequoi.gif If you think that this does not apply to you, then you should not feel addressed. You are not the only member of this forum. People who refer everything to themselves have a problem, of course. smilie_denk_24.gif

13 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This is NOT Google's fault!  They do NOT come up with javascript functions, they just do better at "compliance" to web standards !!! !!! !!!

Respectfully, I beg to differ ;) ... Google do come up with new JS drafts and are very swift to implement them into their own browser monopoly :realmad: ... Adherence to well-established web standards is a lesser concern to them - they practically control themselves the W3C board, so everything "new" and "fancy" they devise will find its way into a "revised"/updated Web Standard :angry: ...

TL:DR: Google aren't better at "complying" to web standards; they "own" "www" with their monopoly and can do "as they please" with web standards... As the majority of current mainstream browsers are Chromium-based, what Google do dictates what the rest are forced to do...
Mozilla are funded by Google, their "current" Gecko engine aspires to be a Chromium fork; so, Firefox also adopts what Google have already implemented a while back into their browser (a policy known as "Chrome-parity") ...

That leaves ALL the rest browser choices (non-Chromium/non-Firefox) lagging behind in Web Compatibility... :(

Edited by VistaLover
better English

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

Respectfully, I beg to differ ;) ... Google do come up with new JS drafts and are very swift to implement them into their own browser monopoly :realmad: ... Adherence to well-established web standards is a lesser concern to them - they practically control themselves the W3C board, so everything "new" and "fancy" they devise will find its way into a "revised"/updated Web Standard :angry: ...

TL:DR: Google aren't better at "complying" to web standards; they "own" "www" with their monopoly and can do "as they please" with web standards... As the majority of current browsers are Chromium-based, what Google do dictates what the rest are forced to do...
Mozilla are funded by Google, their "current" Gecko engine aspires to be a Chromium fork; so, Firefox also implements what Google has already done before them (a policy known as "Chrome-parity") ...

That leaves ALL the rest browser choices (not-Chromium/not-Firefox) lagging behind in Web Compatibility... :(

I fully agree with that! I am additionally an Android user since 2014, and so unfortunately I am a slave under Google's rule. I keep trying to free myself as much as I can, but it is almost impossible to do so completely. Unfortunately, all my browsers on Android are based on Chromium. There are simply no alternative browser engines. :no:
google-1.gif maintete.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content