My Browser Builds (Part 4)

22 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Have you tried custom rules in My filters?

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/wiki/solutions/#wiki_youtube

No, but the issue is solved now. :)

Already switched to 1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477 and added the new "Online Malicious URL Blocklist" and the new regional Dutch list "NLD: EasyDutch" to "Custom".

Unchecked the Adguard lists for now. They sometimes cause issues.

There sure must be other assets that were changed/added/removed during the last years.

That was the reason I imported the current ones into the Legacy .xpi, with the side effect of YouTube ads slipping through (and who knows what else)...

Hi

2 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

No, but the issue is solved now. :)

Already switched to 1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477 and added the new "Online Malicious URL Blocklist" and the new regional Dutch list "NLD: EasyDutch" to "Custom"

there is still something strange...Why the list "Online Malicious URL Blocklist" with the old address? updates in old Mypal 29.3 with "1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477" and on all versions of Roytams 28/52/55/iceape with 1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477" it refuses to update and we have to add the line "https://malware-filter.gitlab.io/malware-filter/urlhaus-filter-online.txt" :dubbio:

Mypal 29.3

spacer.png

Edited by IXOYE

21 minutes ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

there is still something strange...Why the list "Online Malicious URL Blocklist" with the old address? updates in old Mypal 29.3 with "1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477" and on all versions of Roytams 28/52/55/iceape with 1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477" it refuses to update and we have to add the line "https://malware-filter.gitlab.io/malware-filter/urlhaus-filter-online.txt" :dubbio:

No idea.

I have Mypal 68 and there the WE version of uBlock Origin (1.46.0), works well.

spacer.png

P.S.

I have my doubts about the security of the Mypal browser...

Edited by nicolaasjan

Hi

23 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

I have Mypal 68 and there the WE version of uBlock Origin (1.46.0), works well.

Mypal 29.3 because 68 does not work on xp2. Mypal and Newmoon are with new profile and I have an additional default list in mypal with update of January 22, 2023 "1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477"

spacer.png

12 hours ago, ClassicNick said:

Without cheating by copying "MSVCRT.DLL" from a Visual C++ 5.0 installation/medium while compiling with Visual C++ 6.0 (which does work), that will require Visual C++ 5.0 support for any hope of Windows NT 3.1/3.50 compatibility, which is something I want to try, but I don't know if I'll be able to add the code necessary to support Windows NT 3.1/3.5. For Windows 3.x, on 3.1x, that requires Visual C++ 4.0 (for Win32s), or 1.0 support along with a way to create a 16-bit build. For Windows 3.0, I don't even know the build tools I would need to use in order to achieve support for that. From a practical/realistic standpoint though, Windows 3.x support is impossible to achieve, with NT 3.1/3.50 being theoretically possible, but very difficult to attempt. The earliest Firefox version I can compile is 1.5, and I want to use that so I can try my hand at Visual C++ 5.0 support, but as for Windows NT 3.1/3.5 I don't think I'll be able to support that. BTW. I want to fork Firefox 3.0 for the purpose of having a Visual C++ 6.0 compatible Firefox build, then add back the Windows 95 support code, but I'm feeling discouraged right now by having my Firefox 3.0a5, and Firefox 3.0a6 builds not displaying a context menu when right-clicking on anything, which also means the menu bar doesn't work.

So there is no hope for these os :( I wonder why opera 3.62 has the option identity as mozilla 3.0
Screenshot-2.jpg

Edited by shelby

1 hour ago, IXOYE said:

Mypal 29.3 because 68 does not work on xp2. Mypal and Newmoon are with new profile and I have an additional default list in mypal with update of January 22, 2023 "1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477"

It seems you somehow have the new assets then. Very strange indeed.

The "Quick fixes" list was added later in official uBO and is not present in my version 1.16.4.31b2 by hawkeye116477.

Also, the "Legacy" list is moved to the bottom. Here it is still in the stock lists.

14 hours ago, soggi said:

GreenPad is a text editor (Microsoft Editor / Notepad replacement) and NOT a browser! Have you really had a look at the URL you have posted?

I looked at it wrongly, obviously :P.

Edited by dmiranda

18 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Hawkeye's version has indeed no issues with pre-rolls, but I had to append "Online Malicious URL Blocklist" to custom again, because the URL has changed some time ago.

14 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Already switched to 1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477 and added the new "Online Malicious URL Blocklist"

13 hours ago, IXOYE said:

on all versions of Roytams 28/52/55/iceape with 1.16.4.31b2 version by hawkeye116477" it refuses to update
and we have to add the line "https://malware-filter.gitlab.io/malware-filter/urlhaus-filter-online.txt"

In latest St52 [v52.9.0 (2023-01-19) (32-bit)] and uBO-1.16.4.31b2 by @hawkeye116477, "Online Malicious URL Blocklist" is listed inside the "malware domains" section of the stock lists: 

0erPAwV.jpg

In my specific "old" profile, its content is outdated, dating back to 2021/12/25:

LMTmw2T.jpg

As reported, the list won't self-update, and the reason is the list has migrated to newer URIs:

https://gitlab.com/malware-filter/urlhaus-filter#urlhaus-malicious-url-blocklist

NI1Yo7N.jpg

https://gitlab.com/malware-filter/urlhaus-filter#url-based

Like nicolaas, I subscribed myself to the "Lite" version of the list ;) ...

11 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

The "Quick fixes" list was added later in official uBO and is not present in my version 1.16.4.31b2 by hawkeye116477.

BTW, "uBlock₀ filters – Quick fixes" was added, too, as a custom list:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/master/filters/quick-fixes.txt

ShbTTrZ.jpg

On 1/23/2023 at 5:55 PM, dmiranda said:

I looked at it wrongly, obviously :P.

No problem, s*** happens... :sneaky:

2 hours ago, S75 said:

System specs:

P3 -1400mhz

GPU - Geforce 6800

Win xp 32

driver ver 81.98

Nice system, but I would prefer Win98SE on it! :hello:

kind regards
soggi

4 hours ago, anton12 said:

Who can fully render the following website

... Is this some kind of contest? :) Does one get a prize if one can render the site? ...
Joking aside ;) , it would've sufficed to just say the site doesn't load as expected for you...
Supplying (Web|Browser|Error) Console output would've been nice, too...

The linked "site" is just another web app tailored for Chromium-based browsers :angry: :( ...
Web Console in latest St52 reeks of multiple CSP errors; if you temporarily disable CSP in one of the UXP-based browsers, 

"security.csp.enable" => "false"

then the "numbers", at least, for that Stocks-Exchange site will load and display "fully":

oytgXX2.png

Even with CSP disabled (poses a security risk), that site has other "rendering" issues in UXP, because of missing JS features:

XML Parsing Error: no root element found
Location: https://wsjstream.wsj.net/bg2/signalr/abort?transport=webSockets&clientProtocol=2.1&connectionToken=15c256c8-9be0-46b4-8f02-7df8f2457d77%3A&connectionData=[{"name"%3A"mainhub"}]&_=1674749518810
Line Number 1, Column 1:
TypeError: e is undefined[Learn More]   djcmp.min.1.0.37.js:1:36053

On 12/24/2022 at 4:13 PM, UCyborg said:

Newer Nextcloud versions using Unicode property escapes work with the new UXP additions . :thumbup

Never mind, it doesn't work properly. Maybe the version that was loaded at my workplace back in December did, but it's full of defects now. File list doesn't load fully, there's no scrollbar, recent files don't load, refreshing just crashes the browser. Some critical errors:

SyntaxError: missing : after property id

Meh, so newer Mozilla Firefox or Chromium based browsers are still required to get by in real life.

I could pay for a vignette using DARS website using Pale Moon, so it's still something.

Edited by UCyborg

10 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Some critical errors:

SyntaxError: missing : after property id

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Errors/Missing_colon_after_property_id

11 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Meh, so newer Mozilla Firefox or Chromium based browsers are still required to get by in real life.

Applies, too, on the Stocks-Exchange site referenced by @anton12 , above... But impractical if one is still on XP/Vista (or even Win7, if latest Chromium 110+ is in question :P ) ...