My Browser Builds (Part 4)

18 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Just FYI,

Mozilla and Microsoft distrust TrustCor root certificates in their browsers.

I guess we'll have to do this manually for now in New Moon etc.:

spacer.png

(all three of them)

[Edit]

After a browser restart they'll be back in the list, but untrusted. :)

(you can check by going to `https://trustcor.com/`)

spacer.png

will be done in next build: https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/58af5d4b9967855693ef4e7b9390e8d9d963e6f4

9 hours ago, luweitest said:

I do have uncertainty reading your long sentences in that thread. Maybe it's culture related?

It is rather language than culture related. In German, we very often prefer much longer sentences as it is the case in English. But I always pay attention to correct grammar and consistency of content. :yes: Over the last months, I already reduced the average length of my sentences. :) But no one can quite deny their true nature. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 12/6/2022 at 6:40 AM, soggi said:

@NotHereToPlayGames (and maybe some others) - not offensive, but why you're posting all these double/triple/quadruple/infinituple posts and not just click "Edit" and edit your previous post? In case of @roytam1's build posts it's understandable (although not necessary) because of structure.

This drives me crazy/insane.... :crazy:

kind regards
soggi

It's because it drives the total quantity of the posts up, thus moving the member to 

the top of the charts of MSFN. Also, more chances other members will notice, if 

they are separated/divided and give more of their appreciation.

I don't know if you read the recent, I'd say scandalous topic about this.

So looks like it's going on full speed ahead, no matter what, despite the warnings.

And now a note especially for my German compatriots. The online webstore MediaMarkt was no longer fully functional in New Moon and Serpent. A few days ago, I posted the problem in the issues of martok's palefillhttps://github.com/martok/palefill/issues/66
As always, martok did a great job and fixed the problem. Furthermore, he still added compatibility with Serpent 55. Now, you can shop again with our UXP browsers, especially in case anyone still needs Christmas presents. :) The new version 1.25 is already released and can be found here: 
https://github.com/martok/palefill/releases/tag/v1.25
Further changes and fixes have been made. The complete changelog can also be read there.

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie_schild_035.gif

PS: MediaMarkt is active in different countries, so the fix might help (presumably with minor modifications) non-Germans, too.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

PS: MediaMarkt is active in different countries, so the fix should help (presumably with short modifications) non-Germans, too.

In Greece, the MM e-shop is found at: 

https://www.mediamarkt.gr/

Beyond the obvious TLD change (.de => ,gr), the site structure is different to the mother, German, one... 
Even with palefill-1.25 installed, visiting the site with Serpent 52 will produce a: 
ReferenceError: customElements is not defined
error inside WebConsole; this is caused by script: 

https://widgets.reevoo.com/assets/mark2.0/reevoo_loader-17aa6c931995666b123f2033e93adcde.js

Be that as it may, the site can be browsed OK overall, so that "reevo_loader" JS code must be responsible for "secondary" in-page functions... 
I don't have an account with them, but the registration/log-in pages do generate the same ReferenceError because of that same "reevo_loader" script...

Should be fairly easy to add CE support for www.mediamarkt.gr inside palefill, but I'm not personally interested enough ;) ... 

TL;DR: MM.de affiliate on-line shops can (and do) present issues of a slightly different nature when it comes to UXP-compatibility... :P

Kindest greetings :)

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

It's because it drives the total quantity of the posts up, thus moving the member to 

the top of the charts of MSFN. Also, more chances other members will notice, if 

they are separated/divided and give more of their appreciation.

I don't know if you read the recent, I'd say scandalous topic about this.

So looks like it's going on full speed ahead, no matter what, despite the warnings.

With all due respect, tt is interesting that you, a person that has zero use for this browser, would dare comment on some of the most helpful persons in this thread, presuming they do it to gain... what?

I agree with a previous fellw here in that most of comments in the last three pages could go somewhere else, yours in particular.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:55 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I didn't see a setting to force Piped to use 30FPS instead of 60FPS.

True, it doesn't have that option, you get 60FPS if available.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:55 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Nor did I see a way to seen what FPS the video even "is", for that matter.

Yup, also would be interesting seeing someone duplicate YT's stats for nerds.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:51 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I can not "force" YouTube to exceed 3% but I can "force" Piped to run at 11-17% by switching to AV1 (which is disabled by default so even Piped prefers users not use AV1 is my guess).

I wonder about the percentage of YT users whose hardware actually runs AV1 at decent resolution well in the browser.

On 12/7/2022 at 3:58 PM, VistaLover said:

so that "reevo_loader" JS code must be responsible for "secondary" in-page functions... 

... Turns out that UXP-incompatible script (requiring customElements) is being served from this company:

https://www.reevoo.com/

i.e. when invoked, the script displays (in a popup) "after-sale" opinions/evaluations/comments (by "verified" customers) about an item bought from MM :whistle: ; I had to open 360EEv13 to actually discover the function of that script :} ...

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I wonder about the percentage of YT users whose hardware actually runs AV1 at decent resolution well in the browser.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "most of them".

I say that for two reason - for one, desktop users that don't like the "heaviness" of YouTube seem to always resort to the "mobile" version of YouTube as their "solution".

For two, I kind of have to "assume" that MOST of YouTube visitors aren't visiting via a desktop computer, but rather from their mobile phone.

If you look closer, or unless I'm just missing something, it appears that the "heaviness" of YouTube is NOT solved by using the "mobile" version!

The "mobile" version will drop the resolution of the video to a very low fast-for-downloading 360p at 30FPS - but it also sends the CPU-intensive AV1 codec.

edit - make that three reasons, with the third reason being Chromium Flavor browsers receiving AV1 and Mozilla Flavor browsers receiving VP9.

edit2 - brand new install of Firefox with fresh profile on Win10 also receives AV1.

image.thumb.png.f982595a8309decb966672eca19ea777.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Mobile YouTube sends St52 360p at 30FPS but in VP9 codec.

image.png.d46bc939b67bf063d5f68cba2fc7cf11.png

edit - same appears to be true for ArcticFox 40, NM27, and NM28.  So Mobile YouTube sends Chromium Flavors AV1 but sends Mozilla Flavors VP9 ???  No clue what it actually sends to an actual mobile phone browser.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

There appears to be something that the Pale Moon Forks are doing to force VP9 (I tend to feel like all of Roytam1's builds are more of a Pale Moon Fork then they are a Firefox Fork, but that's a matter of semantics).

"Real" Firefox on Win10, fresh profile right out-of-the-box, is served AV1 videos by Mobile YouTube.

image.thumb.png.479018413430474e47a9fd74512dabda.png

The mirror of latest ArcticFox 40, BNavigator 0.9, Firefox 45ESR, IceApe 52, IceDove 52, K-Meleon 1.5.x/74/76, MailNews 52, New Moon 26.5/27/28, RetroZilla, RZ browser and Serpent 52/55 builds by @roytam1 has been updated -> soggi.org - tools.

changelog:
- added latest K-Meleon 1.5 20221208 build
- added latest K-Meleon 74 20221208 build
- added latest New Moon 26.5 20221208 build
- added latest RetroZilla 20221208 build
- added latest RZ browser 20221208 build

To don't lose track of things I want to update too someday...

todo:
- add various flash player versions
- add FlashFix for WinXP
- add VLC 2.2.8 (WinXP non-SSE2)
- add polyfill addons

kind regards
soggi