My Browser Builds (Part 4)

18 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I have different versions of the extension Custom Buttons.

The CB version I'm using is 0.0.5.8.9, it works perfectly from Serpent versions 45.0 to 55.0. Haven't even looked to see if there are any newer CB versions beyond that. 

7 hours ago, DanR20 said:

The CB version I'm using is 0.0.5.8.9, it works perfectly from Serpent versions 45.0 to 55.0. Haven't even looked to see if there are any newer CB versions beyond that. 

Yep! That's the last official version from AMO or Classic Add-ons Archive. I already posted that in my thread:

Additionally, I have further modified, fixed and more recent versions, too. :) The version in my quoted post is Custom Buttons 0.0.5.8.9.6-fixed8. And I can confirm it works in all UXP browsers such as for example New Moon or Serpentssuper5sur5.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

22 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

Notice: I got a bicycle accident last Saturday and I have 2 fractures in my pinky finger of my left hand, so the development will be slowed down significantly.

Hello @roytam1! That doesn't sound good, but luckily, nothing worse happened. I wish you a successful and complete recovery. For now, take care of your fingers so as not to jeopardise the healing process. Of course, one could also say: shit.gif

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from Germany, AstroSkipper mesballons.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

44 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

Notice: I got a bicycle accident last Saturday and I have 2 fractures in my pinky finger of my left hand, so the development will be slowed down significantly.

Calcium (cheese, yogurt) is good for the bones, I wish you a fast recovery roytam1.

Hello RoyTam1,

I wish you a full recovery .

As we3fan said: "Calcium (cheese, yogurt) is good for the bones."

But calcium will only work for strong bones if you have enough

vitamin D3 + K2 .

A viable strong-bones-D3-blood-level is about 30 - 50 ng/ml

My D3 blood level is about 50 ng/ml - thus I'm pretty well "prepared"

for an accident on a frozen road this winter.

When well supplied with vitamin D3 + K2 (plus calcium,magnesium,zink and other bone-healthy minerals)

we can take a harder hit before it breaks.

Edited by anton12

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Sorry to hear that, @R! If you have to have surgery, only go to a hospital with the hand specialty!
I wish you a speedy and good recovery!

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

I wish you a good and quick recovery.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:15 PM, Mathwiz said:
On 11/6/2022 at 4:05 AM, AstroSkipper said:

My custom buttons require the extension Custom Buttons, and I don't know if it is compatible with this browser. Truth be told, I never used Serpent 55 in the past.

I followed your links and downloaded the Custom Buttons extension. Its install.rdf file tops out at Firefox 48, so to install it in either Serpent version, you need to modify that, since Serpent uses the Firefox app ID. I changed it to 55.* and it installed OK in St 55. I'm presuming the same change will let it install in St 52 as well; I'll test that later if I get some time. The only odd thing I found was that I had to restart Serpent 55 twice before it was ready to go.

On 11/6/2022 at 4:05 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Secondly, as I posted in the previous browser thread https://msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=1227973, I already created such a custom button. It toggles a boolean variable from true to false and vice versa in about:config. The status of this variable is shown by the button itself in the form of an image that changes its colour, i.e. its image accordingly. Actually, I created this button for a specific boolean variable, but it can work with any other if you change its code slightly. It works perfectly in New Moon 28 and probably also in other UXP browsers ssupercool2.gif, but in Serpent 55, I really don't know.

Next, I went to that link, but this is all I saw:

I already know how to disable CSP (Content-Security-Policy) globally in New Moon 28 and Serpent 52. You have to set the variable security.csp.enable to false. And yes, I know it's a security risk. Therefore, I wrote a custom button to do that temporarily and to have full control over its status which is shown by the button itself in form of a image that changes its colour accordingly.  But, does anyone know if it is possible to disable CSP only for a certain page in NM and SP?

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper

So yes, it appears you've created the necessary custom button, but there's no code, no link, nothing to test in Custom Buttons at that post.

Anyway, it's no big deal. I was only "asking for a friend," but can't remember who, because the original question was from My Browser Builds part 3, and now that that thread has been closed, the board doesn't let you quote from it as easily (no "Quote" prompt shows up when selecting text) so I just copied it and pasted into a quote block.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:40 PM, AstroSkipper said:

I have different versions of the extension Custom Buttons. Some days ago, I tested it in Serpent 55 and I could install the original version without any problems. d010.gif Furthermore, my custom button "Toggle CSP" for switching a specific Boolean variable worked in Serpent 55, too. d010.gif Nevertheless, thanks for the tip! I will also make my offered version of Custom Buttons compatible with Serpent 55. And, as I already said, I will post it in my thread "Extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers - Corrections, modifications, adjustments, and special recommendations" soon. I've been a bit handicapped for weeks with the after-effects of a Covid infection, unfortunately. mouchoir.gif So I haven't posted anything more about my custom button yet. I'm just tired and limp at the moment. But, I will post it as soon as possible.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Hello, @Mathwiz! I have posted my custom button "Toggle CSP" at last. Here is the link to my post:

Furthermore and especially for you, I have made a second custom button "Toggle media.autoplay.enabled" including a change of the button images. Here is the link to this post:

Kind regards, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

PS: Additionally, I was able to install the legacy extension Custom Buttons and my custom button Toggle CSP in Mypal 68, too. Both are fully functional and working fine in Mypal 68. At the moment, I am in the process of testing that more closely. Here is the dedicated post: 

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

7 hours ago, roytam1 said:

I got a bicycle accident last Saturday

... Wow, someone must have jinxed you, Roy! :o
First, infection by Covid19; then, a broken pair of prescription glasses (which cost a hefty sum to replace); and, lastly, the bicycle accident :(... I'm sending tons of good luck your way to counter the jinx and heaps of wishes for a speedy, full, recovery! :)

BTW, I'm sorry I'm not that vocal in this thread currently, but RL issues prevail <_< ...

4 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Wow, someone must have jinxed you, Roy! :o
First, infection by Covid19; then, a broken pair of prescription glasses (which cost a hefty sum to replace); and, lastly, the bicycle accident :(... I'm sending tons of good luck your way to counter the jinx and heaps of wishes for a speedy, full, recovery! :)

BTW, I'm sorry I'm not that vocal in this thread currently, but RL issues prevail <_< ...

Yeah, I did notice you have been so quiet - hope you're managing.

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, VistaLover said:

It's no problem to me! I also used to speak a lot in such threads. It's perfectly understandable why you don't speak a lot here currently.

Edited by mina7601