Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

6 minutes ago, Old Technology said:

So Supermium, to be clear only works on extended kernel?

It should work on regular Windows 7 with SP1 (it always worked in my VM with nothing but SP1, but some users complained about it not loading because of missing delay-load module; my second release should solve that). Vista needs the extended kernel however.

Edited by win32

1 hour ago, win32 said:

It should work on regular Windows 7 with SP1 (it always worked in my VM with nothing but SP1, but some users complained about it not loading because of missing delay-load module; my second release should solve that). Vista needs the extended kernel however.

Great! Does it have DRM?

18 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Found 'em ! Not seeing the source code for the latest 116, though.

The latest they have is the 113 source code.

https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium-windows/releases/tag/113.0.5672.64-1.1

EDIT This one should play all videos (allegedly).

"Website for ungoogled-chromium contributor-submitted binaries (contributor binaries).

IMPORTANT: These binaries are provided by anyone who are willing to build and submit them. Because these binaries are not necessarily reproducible, authenticity cannot be guaranteed."

https://ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/releases/windows/64bit/

Thanks @D.Draker but this version of chrome doesn't work...

The procedure entry point DiscardVirtualMemory could not be located in the dynamic link library... chrome.dll

Edited by sonyu

7 hours ago, sonyu said:

Thanks @D.Draker but this version of chrome doesn't work...

The procedure entry point DiscardVirtualMemory could not be located in the dynamic link library... chrome.dll

Of course ! It's non-modded versions (the links were given for win32, mostly). 

For Win 7/8 you need to use v.109 from these links.

For Vista with Kernel - 110 or 111.

9 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Of course ! It's non-modded versions (the links were given for win32, mostly). 

For Win 7/8 you need to use v.109 from these links.

For Vista with Kernel - 110 or 111.

Ok, thanks, which dll is involved in video playing?

On 5/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, win32 said:

It is not working on Windows 7. Whenever I launch Supermium (after running mini_installer.exe), it just launches a Supermium window for a second then closes. Is this a bug? Can you have a look at it? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

It is not working on Windows 7. Whenever I launch Supermium (after running mini_installer.exe), it just launches a Supermium window for a second then closes. Is this a bug? Can you have a look at it? Thanks.

I had originally tested with a Windows 7 install with a low update level, but I have received complaints about it not working with ESU updates. Do you have those? For that reason I will also start testing (and debugging) with ESU updates.