Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

... The embedded reddit post above mentions Pale Moon under Win7, but I can confirm Serpent 52 on Vista SP2 32-bit as having no issue whatsoever with the "reported" site ;) (OT for this thread, I know, still :whistle:...).

9 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... The embedded reddit post above mentions Pale Moon under Win7, but I can confirm Serpent 52 on Vista SP2 32-bit as having no issue whatsoever with the "reported" site ;) (OT for this thread, I know, still :whistle:...).

Loaded fine for me with the latest version of Waterfox.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:31 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Can you screencap the background?  I didn't check to see if I didn't have a background loading.

Background - these are the two vertical blue bars on either side of the page. I think... otherwise rather - thin horizontal lines areas at the top and bottom of the page...

Edited by msfntor

• 2 weeks later...

Opera browser stable version 96.0.4693.80 was released on 16/03/2023.

Said browser was also updated ( W7 + W8 ) to version 95.0.4635.80. I received this update today.

Then I came across this :

https://blogs.opera.com/desktop/2023/03/opera-95-0-4635-80-windows-7-windows-8-update/

My take is that Opera will provide updates, at least for a while, to windows 7 +8 users

Cheers

I switched from Pale Moon to Waterfox Classic to Waterfox in order to access web pages that I needed to view.  I just searched the Waterfox web pages.  I could find no indication that they planned to drop Windows 7 support.  Waterfox is a 64-bit browser only.  I had to use Microsoft Edge for a while to access one of my financial accounts, but that problem was eventually solved with a Waterfox update.  I prefer the conventional menu at the top of the page, and avoid applications that do not provide it.  I still use Microsoft Office 2003 because I don't like the ribbon.

Catsxp : 

Ver:3.3.4 Kernel:111.0.5563.100 ( final version)has been released. It is working fine on my Windows 7 x64.

Under Latest Developments ( Catsxp site)

1.[*]Kernel upgrade:112.0.5615.34

2.[!]Some problems correction and detail optimization

Win7+win8: Temporarily disable sandbox functionality by default

If this function is enabled, the main window cannot be displayed due to creating a shared memory error! Troubleshooting the specific reason!

Also from their forum :

https://www.catsxp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=295

I do hope they sort it out.

Cheers

23 hours ago, Tangy said:

Catsxp : 

Ver:3.3.4 Kernel:111.0.5563.100 ( final version)has been released. It is working fine on my Windows 7 x64.

Under Latest Developments ( Catsxp site)

1.[*]Kernel upgrade:112.0.5615.34

2.[!]Some problems correction and detail optimization

Win7+win8: Temporarily disable sandbox functionality by default

If this function is enabled, the main window cannot be displayed due to creating a shared memory error! Troubleshooting the specific reason!

Also from their forum :

https://www.catsxp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=295

I do hope they sort it out.

Cheers

The download link for 112.0.5615.34 doesn't work for me. Is there an alternative location ? Thnx

It says "This site can’t be reached" . Their cloud https://123-186-146-244.d.cjjd20.com is not responding.

5 hours ago, Tangy said:

@Cocodile Not that I am aware of. I tried to download ( beta 4 112.3.3.5.4 portable wx64 ) and it is working fine.

cheers !

PS: I've noticed their site is kind of slow today.

Thnx ! I somehow managed to download it, I have to say, it wasn't easy . The dwnl speed is like 12bits . Took more than 2hrs to complete. With the 112 - Twitter videos don't work at all ,showing blank black page, only sound works. With 111 - videos are playable. And I had to apply no sandbox hack, since it doesn't work with Windows7 without it, they wrote on their forum. Someone here knows a fix for Twitter videos ? The browser connects to asian amazon on startup ! Always wants to update.--disable-catsxp-update they suggested, doesn't work.