Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

Slimjet is made by FlashPeak, a company based in Austin, Texas. I did not “promote” it: Merely pointed out that it is currently based on Chromium 109, so obviously supports Windows 7 at least until hypothetical version 39 is released. I haven’t used Slimjet since 2016, at which time they backported Chromium 50, 51 and 53 for the benefit of Windows Vista. BTW neither Russia nor China is a communist society in the 21st century - which is not to say they are not authoritarian regimes that pose a threat to the West.

Speaking of Russia, does anyone know what version of Chromium the current Yandex 23 browser is based on? I can’t seem to find that information and have no wish to install the browser, but MSFN is an international forum so others may feel differently.

The vital key is this line  --  "After following the mitigation guide, this software is Not Spyware."

Which is technically the case for ALL WEB BROWSERS.

Us here at MSFN "know better", but for the most part a web browser user simply uses "default settings" (for the most part).

In addition to above post,

2 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

The good news is that Mozilla Firefox is merely “high” spyware according to this source:

https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox

It's fascinating that all this info about Firefox being spyware still comes from testing version 52.5.0, despite the last article edit being in August 17, 2021.

Edited by mina7601

12 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:
9 hours ago, mina7601 said:

In addition to above post,

It's fascinating that all this info about Firefox being spyware still comes from testing version 52.5.0, despite the last article edit being in August 17, 2021.

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But wouldn't that apply to most of the Firefox Forks here at MSFN?

I thought that Serpent 52 was "better" then Serpent 55?

The good news is that Mozilla Firefox is merely “high” spyware according to this source:

https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox

Mozilla Firefox is not based on chrome, thus not relevant to this discussion. But I agree with all of you, it's also a spyware.

14 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

BREAKING NEWS: GOOGLE CHROME IS SPYWARE!!! :crazy:

https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome

A serious forum like MSFN should discourage any discussion of this capitalist PUP - or not? :buehehe:

The article provided by you is weird, it doesn't even have the screencaps of spying connections, whereas mine does, with proof.

So maybe yours isn't finished ? Therefore, not be taken seriously.