yoltboy01

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]
"DnsOverHttpsMode"="secure"
"DnsOverHttpsTemplates"="https://dns.adguard.com/dns-query"

I use these registry rules in Edge.
I changed the path.
Verify that they are working.;)

Of course change the DNS over HTTPS to whatever you like.

3.jpg

P.S. I deleted my DNS (NEXT DNS) for obvious reasons.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Ironically, to what was mentioned by Google and other users, Chromium has dropped support for Windows 7 and also updated their website, removing Windows 7 from their System Requirements list - BUT - left Windows 8 standing on that list. They also added Windows 11 now, so I‘m curious about why they didn‘t remove 8.

They definitely acknowledged the —no-sandbox hack but maybe they don‘t care so much, until they really add api’s and dll‘s that will break compatibility with 8 too.

Source: https://chromium.woolyss.com/download/de/

The current version of Chromium 111 now shows the title bar of Windows 10 on Windows 8.1, just like other apps (e.g. Spotify).

Could be an indicator that compatibility with 8.1 will also be broken in near future (hopefully not too near) or, as I said earlier, that they really dont care about Windows 8 (possible scenario)

4 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

The current version of Chromium 111 now shows the title bar of Windows 10 on Windows 8.1, just like other apps (e.g. Spotify).

Could be an indicator that compatibility with 8.1 will also be broken in near future (hopefully not too near) or, as I said earlier, that they really dont care about Windows 8 (possible scenario)

How does it look like?

56 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

It would be the latter, just like how they tried to remove Aero Glass from Chromium on Vista. Everything going forward is to target Windows 10.

Honestly if they want to break it properly on Windows 8.x, they just have to move some of the DPI functions from being delay-loaded to the main import table.

1 hour ago, win32 said:

It would be the latter, just like how they tried to remove Aero Glass from Chromium on Vista. Everything going forward is to target Windows 10.

Honestly if they want to break it properly on Windows 8.x, they just have to move some of the DPI functions from being delay-loaded to the main import table.

Yeah I remember. I think they basically ignore Windows 8, since they didn't break compatibility. Right now the --no-sandbox method still works but they could introduce Windows 10+ dll's anytime

14 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

Yeah I remember. I think they basically ignore Windows 8, since they didn't break compatibility. Right now the --no-sandbox method still works but they could introduce Windows 10+ dll's anytime

Perhaps you all still have some hope, I ported chinese browser Opra 96 (Chrome 110) to Vista.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184249-chrome-110-based-opera-i-ported-it-to-vista/

15 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

See if --disable-windows10-custom-titlebar changes it.