Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

3 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Windows 7 is by no means Abandonware. Still widely supported by hardware ranging up until rtx 3090. Windows 8.1 runs officialy chrome 109 release in 2022. Security updates (again official) up until january 2023. With an up to date antivirus (which it supports unlike xp and vista) without any kernel extension making it very alive os. Both of the operating systems can still be used without much of any problems. why would site like msfn flag these as out of date and legacy software when they are used by many people and business. 

I will give few examples:

VMware workstation 17 still supports windows 8.1,Steam still supports both windows 7 and 8.1,Discord still supports both Windows 7 and 8.,teamviewer,glasswire,rufus,firefox,vlc,virtualbox,blender etc etc regularly updates their software on them.

Windows vista lives because of extended kernel and the fact that these programs still supports windows 7

I only respond to anyone but D.Draker

Businesses you say ? Alive OS you say ?

Well, looks like you've never been to  a real business enviroment.

Businesses in Western Europe use only official, unmodified and legal products with the latest updates.

If you ever use this no-sanbox crack at your work place, they will sue the hell out of you 

and fire without pay ! Also write an awful recommendation, lol.

Recently saw a huge batch of computers from one of our local businesses, made in 2016 with Win 10 stickers at our e-waste factory.

What WIndows 7, lol ? It was completely outphased in 2014 or so.

That being said, I surely don't know how they run businesses in Nicaragua.

P.S.

You don't own this forum.

I have to say that I do work at unnamed company located in czech republic and we have around 120 computers running windows 7 enterprise with valid ESU license.

So yeah.. I've clearly never been to business environment. They will be online even after the end of ESU, but we applied strict rules and we have firewall and antivirus in place as well VPN. 

We also have windows 10 computers ofc but they are being replaced with MacBooks mostly. oh and btw firefox ESR is the browser we use back here. Guess someone in this forum will call Czechia as Eastern europe then.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:13 PM, Tripredacus said:

Over the past weekend, both my home computers (32bit and 64bit) have had their Chrome updated and now both have the nag message on them.

Can you try for me if this registry rule (used by mrpink) hides the warning?

Chrome:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome]
"SuppressUnsupportedOSWarning"=dword:00000001

Path to Edge:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

50 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Aye, it works for me here. Thank you very much @Sampei.Nihira! I hope it works for you too.

Credit is due to mrpink.:thumbup
I just checked the applicability in Edge.

https://admx.help/?Category=Chrome&Policy=Google.Policies.Chrome::SuppressUnsupportedOSWarning

Then you can use this registry rule for each Chromium-based browser.:yes:

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

20 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Credit is due to mrpink.:thumbup

I know, I mean, thank you for telling us the registry rule from him!

27 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Then you can use this registry rule for each Chromium-based browser.:yes:

That's good to know.

14 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Have any of you tried the " --disable-infobars" cmdline switch to hide the "unsupported OS" header/banner?
It shouldn't require a PC restart, just a browser restart...

--disable-infobars has been deprecated since Chrome version 76, so it doesn't work unfortunately.