Drivers for an N2840 on Vista x64 with the Extended Kernel

connor2

• 3 months later...

Now I have found myself that the exact culprit of the newer version of Intel HD 4000 driver aero problem is the d3d9.dll file located in System32 and SysWOW64 folder. It would be worked perfectly if using the backported Windows 7's d3d9.dll for Windows Vista, but it also has so many missing functions. Hope @win32 know this immediately.

• 7 months later...
On 12/28/2022 at 4:36 PM, Brickedandroid said:

Now I have found myself that the exact culprit of the newer version of Intel HD 4000 driver aero problem is the d3d9.dll file located in System32 and SysWOW64 folder. It would be worked perfectly if using the backported Windows 7's d3d9.dll for Windows Vista, but it also has so many missing functions. Hope @win32 know this immediately.

Ah, that’s helpful then!! I hope he’ll help us all too :(

Do you think there’s a possibility of making it work with an Intel HD Graphics 5500 too? I’ll try in a few days. I gave up on the N2840 laptop because it was too slow lol.

11 hours ago, connor2 said:

Ah, that’s helpful then!! I hope he’ll help us all too :(

Do you think there’s a possibility of making it work with an Intel HD Graphics 5500 too? I’ll try in a few days. I gave up on the N2840 laptop because it was too slow lol.

Does Intel HD 5500 support Vulkan?

If it supports, then you also have an alternate option to enjoy Windows Aero and other DirectX 9 programs: Use DXVK's d3d9.dll to emulate the Direct3D 9 APIs in Vulkan.

But mine (Intel HD Graphics 4000) doesn't support Vulkan, so I use DirectX 9 to OpenGL wrapper. But it's strongly not recommended, as the DirectX 9 becomes don't fully functional, and it causes the Aero can't work at all, and some DirectX 9 programs may experience slowdowns and even crashes.

So, the DXVK should be much more stable, even better than the Microsoft's native Direct3D 9.

Edited by Brickedandroid

On 7/30/2023 at 11:52 PM, Brickedandroid said:

If it supports, then you also have an alternate option to enjoy Windows Aero and other DirectX 9 programs: Use DXVK's d3d9.dll to emulate the Direct3D 9 APIs in Vulkan.

But mine (Intel HD Graphics 4000) doesn't support Vulkan, so I use DirectX 9 to OpenGL wrapper. But it's strongly not recommended, as the DirectX 9 becomes don't fully functional, and it causes the Aero can't work at all, and some DirectX 9 programs may experience slowdowns and even crashes.

So, the DXVK should be much more stable, even better than the Microsoft's native Direct3D 9.

Not too sure if it supports Vulkan. From a Google search I found out that it does support Vulkan but it only works on Linux, meaning the GPU drivers don't have Vulkan implemented so it wouldn't work, meaniing I'm probably in the same boat as you. I swear I remember using some DXVK dll files for a game in Windows and it worked, but I dono. Welp I guess we'll have to wait till someone gets it to work :(

On 7/31/2023 at 1:52 AM, Brickedandroid said:

On 8/1/2023 at 8:29 PM, connor2 said:

Not too sure if it supports Vulkan. From a Google search I found out that it does support Vulkan but it only works on Linux, meaning the GPU drivers don't have Vulkan implemented so it wouldn't work, meaniing I'm probably in the same boat as you. I swear I remember using some DXVK dll files for a game in Windows and it worked, but I dono. Welp I guess we'll have to wait till someone gets it to work :(

Hey so I didn't try anymore. I just ordered a PC yesterday from like 2009 or something, it has an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, so ye I'm excited!

Edited by connor2

• 4 weeks later...

Have y'all tried CapCut Desktop on Windows Vista Extended Kernel? Mine is installed successfully.

spacer.png

However, after installing, the launcher (CapCut.exe) won't open... and if I open the CapCut's another executable file, I got this error message...

spacer.png

Again and again, it's still about the missing dependency functions...

Edited by Brickedandroid