DW has trouble hooking advapi32 and GDI32 on DDR3/4 systems.

Goodmaneuver

Starting with this link
https://msfn.org/board/topic/157173-kext-diy-kernelex-extensions/?do=findComment&comment=1228984 then you said to investigate why and place BASE names into DCFG1 but it should have been place from NT2K into DCFG1. What is the significance of five times max per issue by the way?

It is the addition of KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5 that is the trouble. I assume you have downloaded CORE_8.zip. In this Core.ini the mode displayed by the sheet will be BASE (Verify Version) Verify Version I am using on Explorer and the addition of that one line KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5 not only stops the SPDF it also stops MSSQL server 7. I made Verify Version equivalent to 2K here

GDI32.GetCharABCWidthsI=kexbasen.0
GDI32.GetRandomRgn=kexbases.0
GDI32.GetTextMetricsA=kexbases.0
GDI32.GetWorldTransform=kexbases.0
GDI32.ModifyWorldTransform=kexbases.0
GDI32.SetGraphicsMode=kexbases.0
GDI32.SetMapMode=kexbases.0
GDI32.SetWorldTransform=kexbases.1
KERNEL32.CreateIoCompletionPort=kexbases.0
NTDLL.LdrUnloadDll=kexbases.0
NTDLL.RtlGetVersion=kexbases.5
NTDLL.RtlVerifyVersionInfo=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.GetVersion=kexbases.4
KERNEL32.GetVersionExW=kexbases.5
KERNEL32.VerSetConditionMask=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoA=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoW=kexbases.0

and Explorer using Verify Version and MSSQL server is working and SumatraPDF3.2 is set to Verify Version and it still works with 2K settings but add KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5 and no good. I then just had KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5 by itself in Verify Version setting and I get Explorer made an error in unknown.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
missed out GetCharABCWidths from the list

I thought I have explained it several times.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:40 PM, Goodmaneuver said:

DCFG1 will load VerSetConditionMask and VerifyVersioninfo if I use CORE24.

SumatraPDF did not work with 2K settings. It needs at least a 2K setting because of VerSetConditionMask and VerifyVersioninfo APIs are called. With Core.ini 24 DCFG1 works for  VerSetConditionMask and VerifyVersioninfo in Kernel32. I made up another mode so that SumatraPDF will work on eBooks as you asked. Remember you changed the naming of DCFG1 to that of 4.5.2 and your [DCFG1] behaves as explained above. The (Verify Version) comment in the sheet is named BASE in the registry from [BASE] in my CORE.ini.

Important: the renaming of Core.ini modes from original 4.5.2 should not be done and their order should not be changed. If more modes are to be added they should be placed at the bottom of Core.ini. If not adhering to this and settings of these modes are changed your OS will change behavior in an unexpected unpreferred way.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2023 at 12:35 AM, Goodmaneuver said:

Explorer using Verify Version and MSSQL server is working and SumatraPDF3.2 is set to Verify Version and it still works with 2K settings but add KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5 and no good. I then just had KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5 by itself in Verify Version setting and I get Explorer made an error in unknown.

It is a KernelEx 4.5.2 error.

• Goodmaneuver changed the title to DW has trouble hooking advapi32 and GDI32 on DDR3/4 systems.