VPN for Windows XP

retrotrash69

3 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

This one works on XP. At least a bit earlier version I tried. This is a simple and easy to use tool. 

Paid, but has free proxies, also. From what I know, this software was made a Latvian guy.

What striked me as weird, it checks the speed of the servers by connecting to Yadnex,

so I don't know how deep the ties to the KGB/FSB/Russia are. The connection can be blocked.

Also, you can change in the paid version.

"Full support of Socks v5 and Elite servers".

https://www.proxyswitcher.com/

pman_big.gif

I used it a long time ago. It manages the connections to Proxy Servers. Hmm, wasn't there something? Oh yes, unfortunately off-topic as already clarified and sufficiently discussed!  animiertes-schilder-smilies-bild-0054.gi 
I suggest to open a new thread about Proxy Servers if necessary. I do not use them anymore. Anyway! This thread was and is actually intended for the discussion about VPN in Windows XPsmilie_denk_24.gif

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Oh yes, unfortunately off-topic as already clarified and sufficiently discussed!

I should very much like to see you as a moderator.

EDIT: Actually partially on-topic.

Edited by D.Draker

Just now, D.Draker said:

Could you tell me why ? Because of that connection to Russia ?

I have no idea what you have with Russia all the time. We are talking about VPN. You have to be able to separate one from the other. Objectivity has top priority. A VPN connection if established works for all browsers and programs. It's a system-wide connection to servers or, simply put, to the internet. Much more convenient. And many proxy servers are dubious, slow and unsafe. The only good proxy servers I used in the past were paid ones. You have to find good ones, and these are very rare if existent at all. But, as I already said, and this will definitely be the last time, proxy servers is not the topic here.

I have no idea what you have with Russia all the time. We are talking about VPN. You have to be able to separate one from the other. Objectivity has top priority. A VPN connection if established works for all browsers and programs. It's a system-wide connection to servers or, simply put, to the internet. Much more convenient. And many proxy servers are dubious, slow and unsafe. The only good proxy servers I used in the past were paid ones. You have to find good ones, and these are very rare if existent at all. But, as I already said, and this will definitely be the last time, proxy servers is not the topic here.

Please don't generalize and don't oversimplify. What do you mean by "with Russia" ?

I wrote the programme connects to Russia to check the speed. I stated the fact .

For me it's weird. Is it not for you ?!?? It defeats the whole purpose of being protected, no ?

Oh, we know you don't like the NSA. But connections to Russia ??!? C'mon.

So I warned the members by stating the facts. Facts only.

Regarding OpenVPN, you wrote yourself , it's has a huge impact on the CPU, so how's it "more convenient"?
Sounds a bit contradictory, sorry.

Anyways, thanks for your advice !

21 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I wrote the programme connects to Russia to check the speed. I stated the fact .

You already know my point of view in terms of Russia or unwanted, hidden connectoins to whatever. I avoid connections to many countries if possible. Especially, if I need privacy, anonymity and security!

21 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Regarding OpenVPN, you wrote yourself , it's has a huge impact on the CPU, so how's it "more convenient"?
Sounds a bit contradictory, sorry.

OpenVPN has a huge impact on the CPU, but in the case you are equipped with a powerful CPU, it's no problem at all. In my Windows XP system works a single core CPU from 2000, and OpenVPN is not really a good choice. But it works! The native protocols of Winfows XP work much better and have a very small impact on the CPU. Simply great if still supported by a VPN service.

OpenVPN has a huge impact on the CPU

From what I remember from my brief XP days, OpenVPN always messed up my LAN settings and adapter.

Why brief ? I ditched XP as soon as Vista came out, when I bought my Siemens with Q6600 in 2007. And it was still making an impact, even on that Quad.

I think OpenVPN is unreliable, it also has no *kill switch*. Sorry for my opinion.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2022 at 7:21 AM, D.Draker said:

This one works on XP. At least a bit earlier version I tried. This is a simple and easy to use tool. 

Paid, but has free proxies, also. From what I know, this software was made a Latvian guy.

What struck me as weird, it checks the speed of the servers by connecting to Yadnex,

so I don't know how deep the ties to the KGB/FSB/Russia are. The connection can be blocked.

Also, you can change in the paid version.

"Full support of Socks v5 and Elite servers".

https://www.proxyswitcher.com/

pman_big.gif

I will test this weekend as I'm hoping this holiday will be quiet. They trust me and I decided to stay behind, or maybe somebody might take me to help out at the homeless shelter to those without family. 

On 9/12/2022 at 1:15 PM, retrotrash69 said:

Hi, Windscribe did not wok on Windows XP, it requires a later version of Windows... I'm not sure how freevpn works.

I have a working version of Windscribe for XP, It is not completely free though after a certain amount of bandwidth. 

Im not sure how to check the version.

On 12/23/2022 at 9:54 PM, XPerceniol said:

untitled_sal.thumb.JPG.91ef0267a0ad422b444afd7a9c082e04.JPG

Well, I guess only a trial for 15 days. Any others work on XP?

Well, times have changed , looks like it. I tested a long time ago , and it had a separated "free" IP section.