I'm moving from Boston to another city

Adriann

Please advise me. In the near future I will be moving to another city, I will be working at another job. I found a company that can move all my things to another house. Transportation companies are fully financially responsible or are there restrictions under certain conditions ?

• 3 weeks later...

You need to clarify this in the company itself whether they are responsible for the safety of the cargo. Some companies offer to insure the load, but it is freely. Of course, it is better to find a carrier company with a good reputation that has been working for many years.

Let's introduce a good nonsense poem (by Mervyn Peake)

https://www.mervynpeake.org/nonsense.html

THE TROUBLE WITH GERANIUMS

The trouble with geraniums
is that they’re much too red!
The trouble with my toast is that
it’s far too full of bread.

The trouble with a diamond
is that it’s much too bright.
The same applies to fish and stars
and the electric light.

The troubles with the stars I see
lies in the way they fly.
The trouble with myself is all
self-centred in the eye.

The trouble with my looking-glass
is that it shows me, me;
there’s trouble in all sorts of things
where it should never be.

jaclaz

In general, the move for me personally is very difficult. It was possible to move twice and both times were not without adventure. True, the first time we moved ourselves. And the second time they already hired a car in a solid company.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck Adriann on your move, ha I made many mistake on my last move. Found myself almost without a place for some time cause I made some rushed planning. Whether you own many possessions or very few it will go well, just don't go about it alone like I did!

-TheSaga

• 4 months later...

Generally speaking, most moving companies will offer some level of financial responsibility for your belongings during the move. This may be referred to as "valuation" or "liability coverage." However, the amount of coverage may vary depending on the company and the type of service you're using (e.g. full-service moving, self-service moving, etc.).

Additionally, it's important to note that there may be certain conditions or exclusions that could impact the company's financial responsibility for your belongings.