Change User Name

magicfly

Try this.

Start>Programs>Settings>Administrative Tools>Local Security Policy.

In the left pane, expand Local Policies, click on Security Options. In the right pane, double click Accounts:Rename the Administrator Account. (This should be 4th from the top of the list, if sorted by policy in ascending order.) Then enter the name you would like. Restart the computer and login with the new name.

Another method.

Search google and download a program called netuser.exe. Run the program from a cmd prompt.

netuser Administrator /name:newname

Let me know how it goes, there are other ways of doing this.

Later.

You can not rename administrator i meen, but you can make a account there have the same just like a administrator user i have try the same problem at once i couldent rename my administrator account but i make a new account there can the same just like a administrator but with a another name

to data0002

how do i change the doc folder that goes with it

hi,

open the registry editor with regedit

search all links to "documents and settings\administrator"

and replace with "documents an settings\"newname""

or choose a place of your favorite.

Don't forget to copy all files from the old location to the new location before you change the settings. And in this case, use another administrative account for making the changes.

Next time when you make a clean install use an entry in "hivesft.inf" inside the i386 folder. The entry for the profiles dir is called

"default_profiles_dir="Enter here the path of your choice"

have a nice time, Sie Tjin Kian

Rename the Administrator account to something you will remember, i.e. admin, Zadmin, god, or whatever floats your boat. Then rename the guest acount to administrator. Since the guest account is disabled by default, anybody trying to "hack" the administrator account will run into a very big dead end.

Can't you just go to System Properties>Advanced tab click on Settings under User Profiles, select the name of the old administrator, click Copy To, and select the directory you would like to copy it to?

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't try renaming the built-in Administrator account, as there's no real need for it. Another account with admin rights can be used to perform the same tasks, and the Administrator account can be reserved for special cases. The most painless way to rename an account is to create another one, copy the profile from the old one to the new one, and then delete the old account.