Virtual PC 5.1 causes protection error with KernelEX installed.

Nerdulater

I wanted to install Virtual PC 5.1 on to my Windows Me VM as i wanted to run Windows 7 on it, Which is possible. However i got two problems.
My first problem was that Virtual PC thought i was running a unsupported operating system. I fixed this by booting into safe mode and then installing.
The second and severe problem is that once i reboot, I get a Windows protection error for "NTkern" i tried removing all references of NTkern from the registry but it failed
Does anyone know how this could be fixed?   

Remove KernelEx, you do not need KernelEx for VPC 5.1.

Does the same thing happen in 98SE?

Is there a way in the VM BIOS to enable Max CPUID Value Limit? (VPC 5.1 prefers this enabled - actually first time I noticed this setting make a difference for 9x)

On 8/6/2022 at 3:36 AM, MrMateczko said:

Remove KernelEx, you do not need KernelEx for VPC 5.1.

Does the same thing happen in 98SE?

Is there a way in the VM BIOS to enable Max CPUID Value Limit? (VPC 5.1 prefers this enabled - actually first time I noticed this setting make a difference for 9x)

1. Can't, have programs that require KernelEx.
2. Yes.
3. I don't think i would need this, I haven't checked for that setting yet. In a non KernelEx Install, it worked with no issues. But someone with a faster and higher GHz CPU may need it.

Something else, When i don't reboot it works perfectly. But once i reboot it stops working. Which makes me suspect it's a driver issue.

Edited by Nerdulater