Development Wireguard for Windows XP

DrunkenTanker

Original source code: https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-windows/snapshot/wireguard-windows-0.5.3.zip

I have done some fixes for installer and application code to launch this in Windows XP. Unfortunatelly, it use bcrypt.dll. There are successful cases where it was replaced. But while I have no experience for this step. I have no access to Visual Studio 2019 to test my code and continue to fix.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:01 PM, Dibya said:

Bcrypt? How about using it from reactos

As you can see. uint64_t inside bcrypt. I suppose Windows XP does not support thay so I can replace it but result is unknown.
Really I'm bad in coding when don't understand what code does and shoud does.

Open source developers who I know don't like comments and do not accept pull requests with comments.

Also I don't know Golang. And How to compile that.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:01 PM, Dibya said:

If it has .sln file [ Visual studio solution] , i can compile for ya,

That is official source code in the first message. It's Golang. I don't know Golang and how to prepare to compile.

8 minutes ago, DrunkenTanker said:

As you can see. uint64_t inside bcrypt. I suppose Windows XP does not support thay so I can replace it but result is unknown.
Really I'm bad in coding when don't understand what code does and shoud does.

Open source developers who I know don't like comments and do not accept pull requests with comments.

Also I don't know Golang. And How to compile that.

That is official source code in the first message. It's Golang. I don't know Golang and how to prepare to compile.

No idea in Go Lang either , 

On 29.07.2022 at 1:52 AM, DrunkenTanker said:

That is official source code in the first message. It's Golang. I don't know Golang and how to prepare to compile

Compiling golang code is very easy. Install golang, add it to the PATH. Go into working folder and write go build.

In case of cross compilation Linux>Windows:

export GOARCH=386
export GOOS=windows
go build

But the last golang which installs and creates XP compatible code is go 1.10 (very old). Newer versions of go are not compatible with XP, unfortunately.
I managed to build psiphon command line with go 1.10 for xp. And some people have patched and built the latest dnscrypt.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...