“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

Cosmic Rays Everywhere!

The Universe is Hostile to Computers

Tiny particles from distant galaxies have caused plane accidents, election interference and game glitches. This video is sponsored by Brilliant. The first 200 people to sign up via https://brilliant.org/veritasium get 20% off a yearly subscription. This video was inspired by the RadioLab Podcast "Bit Flip" https://ve42.co/BF -- they're brilliant science storytellers. A Huge thanks to Dr Leif Scheick, Calla Cofield and the JPL Media Relations Team. Thanks to Col Chris Hadfield. Check out his book: https://chrishadfield.ca/books/

Radiation resistance is baked into the Perseverance Mars rover. Here's why that's important. - By Elizabeth Howell: 

https://www.space.com/mars-rovers-radiation-protection-xilinx

Scientists Reveal Antarctica Is Not What We’re Being Told

by Future Unity

675,203 views Nov 22, 2022

The Earth is full of hidden mysteries that humans have barely scratched the surface of - one of these mysteries is the icy land of Antarctica. But what happens when all the ice melts? What kind of secrets do the sub-zero regions of Antarctica hold? The region's icy and harsh conditions have kept humanity from diving too deep. Everything that we have discovered so far has been a combination of fascinating and absolutely terrifying. From incredible creatures to never-before-seen natural phenomena, Antarctica is a land full of possibilities - and all you need to do is look beneath all the frozen water. Join us today as we take you through 15 terrifying things discovered in Antarctica that changed everything. Stay tuned till the end to see some pretty exciting stuff...

41 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

That looks friendly and I may consider it at some point. TY :)

You're welcome! I mainly recommend it if you want fun. MessengerGeek forum is mainly about old school instant messengers, but there's a category for discussing technology there as well. :yes:

While I think having other forums to communicate with others online is helpful, I'd have to say, having more forums keeps me in the house and only increases my agoraphobia, which is why I'm hesitant to join other forums right now - doesn't help that I don't trust people anymore. Health forums are a 'no-no' for me now. Hard to explain and I struggle sometimes (most times) to make even little sense.

Edited by XPerceniol

13 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hard to explain and I struggle sometimes (most times) to make even little sense.

NO! It's not the TRUTH!

Your inputs are full of sense as always, no problem to understand you. The sentences are well written in English, exactly translate your thoughts, are interesting.
Stop looking for the bad sides - which are ABSENT. Finally believe in yourself. Don't send us such bad thoughts ever, please. No more, never. Please.

Edited by msfntor

HOW TO MANAGE THE HOLIDAY SEASON WHEN YOU'RE AN INTROVERT

“This type of structure can provide relief for introverts.”

bb77ac9b-5bbc-4409-ac72-c03d358caf60-get

“Remind yourself that you are brave if you take part, even while feeling anxious.”Getty Images

- by SARAH SLOAT

17 HOURS AGO

WITH THANKSGIVING BEHIND US, we’ve made it to the most wonderful time of the year — or is it? The holiday season seems blissful for some, but December’s demands are stressful for others. Hosting family, attending parties, and making small talk can be fun — they are also some of the thingspeople dread most at this time of year.

The holidays can be especially challenging for more introverted people. Extroverts tend to enjoy a boost in mood after socializing, but introverts often experience the opposite. After spending time with others, introverts often seek out alone time to recharge their social battery.

There is no one type of introvert — social introverts experience introversion differently than anxious introverts, for example. And research also shows that a brief excursion into extroversion can cause introverted people to feel positive emotions.

If you want to go to that holiday party but are nervous about your social stamina, there are certain actions you can take before and after that may help.

AN INTROVERT’S GUIDE.....MORE here: https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/introvert

Edited by msfntor

... ... ...

HOW TO CHARGE YOUR SOCIAL BATTERY

If you find yourself overwhelmed in social situations, a little prep might help. For example, if you’re nervous about being asked questions on sensitive topics, “prepare to be assertive by setting limits” says psychologist Joel Minden.

“Pinpoint the problem you anticipate and consider what you could do to prepare for a better outcome,” says Minden. “For example, if you have trouble getting out of extended conversations, plan to extricate yourself by saying you want to help out the host or that you need to chat with another guest before they leave.”

Mancao says that prioritizing events and deciding how much time you want to allocate to each can help. “This type of structure can provide relief for introverts because they will have a plan of action,” she says.

Edited by msfntor

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

NO! It's not the TRUTH!

Your inputs are full of sense as always, no problem to understand you. The sentences are well written in English, exactly translate your thoughts, are interesting.
Stop looking for the bad sides - which are ABSENT. Finally believe in yourself. Don't send us such bad thoughts ever, please. No more, never. Please.

+1

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

The holidays can be especially challenging for more introverted people. Extroverts tend to enjoy a boost in mood after socializing, but introverts often experience the opposite. After spending time with others, introverts often seek out alone time to recharge their social battery.

There is no one type of introvert — social introverts experience introversion differently than anxious introverts, for example. And research also shows that a brief excursion into extroversion can cause introverted people to feel positive emotions.

If you want to go to that holiday party but are nervous about your social stamina, there are certain actions you can take before and after that may help.

AN INTROVERT’S GUIDE.....MORE here: https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/introvert

I found this to be very helpful, will try to head this advice. Thank you friend.

17 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you, guys, yeah, I do need to work on my self-esteem.

I've been called a lot of things, but smart isn't one of them. I barely graduated high school with learning disabled classes and I didn't learn anything because I was lumped with other that were severely disabled, but it was the 70's and 80's and they didn't know what to do with folks such as I, had they been more patient, I think I'd have done better, but oh well, many of my graduation class took their own lives from what I was told. Very sad! I'm here and I try, all I can say and I mean well. I guess I carried it with my that I'm dumb as a rock. It could've gone worse ... much worse, and I agree, posting about it isn't healthy for me.  

I need to be more "grateful" and "positive". I'm "true" and "kind" but not always kind to myself; and that I need to be more "mindful" of.

Edited by XPerceniol