“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

17 minutes ago, mina7601 said:
49 minutes ago, msfntor said:

I have NEVER managed to save a bird... although I have made several attempts so far... it is a very difficult task, it seems

Yes, it is a very difficult task, but by luck, we caught it because no parents were with it.

At the exit of the egg... you have no chance to save the baby so young!...
Yes the parents are much more willing to keep him alive...

On 11/22/2022 at 12:28 AM, mina7601 said:

Actually, I'll be honest here, I'm sad because I have no one to talk with a lot.

I really have no one outside my family to talk to, sometimes I talk co-workers at work, but no genuine contacts on the outside anymore. Though even if you do have someone, sometimes there's just nothing to say. I relate, it'd be nice, theoretically at least. It would also probably be easier if you managed to get interested in all sorts of random stuff.

There was this guy, we used to chat every day. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE for someone like me, but with this person, it somehow worked out. Several years later and I've got a hunch he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

On 11/22/2022 at 12:28 AM, mina7601 said:

And also when I don't receive some reacts on my posts.

This is almost the only forum I ever participated in that has concept of likes. I tend to do it when I'm in the right mood, my not reacting is not something to take personally.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:34 AM, mina7601 said:
On 11/22/2022 at 4:51 PM, XPerceniol said:

I'm like the least helpful person and you know there people here that be all like ... 'will he ever shut up and go away' hehe  =P I'm shocked I wasn't banned along time ago, but I do love the forum.

Believe me, I have exactly this same feeling as you.

Hey at least Simon Cowell doesn't hang around to judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7ZiSdR6CA

I'll take "useless" people over those with over-inflated egos any day.

On 11/24/2022 at 6:02 PM, mina7601 said:
On 11/24/2022 at 9:50 AM, msfntor said:

What are your hobbies, your favorite activities for now?..

Talking about computers and knowing more about them. That's what I mainly like to do.

I just remembered a class mate from the first years of elementary school saying to me once: "I thought your only friend was a computer." Oh my, that was before even YouTube was a thing.

I wasn't exposed to much else in my younger days, some ball games with some kids occasionally and my family wasn't much into board games. Me and my brother play catan once in a blue moon and we go play a mini-golf once or twice a year. Wish we went a bit more often.

Seems there's always something to occupy/waste time with on computer...

And they're everywhere! Recently realized I bought a computer on wheels, my car's infotainment system is actually a full-blown little computer running Linux under the hood. The predecessor of two decades ago had a plain FM radio there, though simpler controllers (or control modules) for certain things was already a thing back then in cars.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

And they're everywhere! Recently realized I bought a computer on wheels, my car's infotainment system is actually a full-blown little computer running Linux under the hood. The predecessor of two decades ago had a plain FM radio there, though simpler controllers (or control modules) for certain things was already a thing back then in cars.

Whow ... that sounds awesome :)

Edited by XPerceniol

45 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Completely true.

Sometimes when I even say hello and hi, some people here take even that wrong, like the cadence of my voice is off (which it is, I admit) but, I'm sorry, you don't keep running up to people demanding a proper response (which would be a simple hello or even a simple nod) ... fool me once, shame on them - fool me twice and shame on me.

Online, things are better for me, but overall, I don't belong anywhere, not that I ever did, but I wasn't aware and just thought people were stupid, but I realize now, this new social cues (and whatever people call "Normal") is not all my fault.

Sorry, guys, struggling today for various reasons.

Edited by XPerceniol

40 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

At least, I hope you're ok.

Thank you, Yeah, just enjoying the quiet ( so nice ) and watching CSI Miami on the TV as find it soothing, but I should actually try to find something other than this. Anything to avoid this toxic news here. I don't know.

Edited by XPerceniol