“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

No no, not only, sadly

Then they are of mixed nationality. But why should we (French) care ? I'm just really curious what do you want me to do ? Go there ?

It's their internal affairs. But I agree they need to deal with it before it spilled out . They aren't grateful, indeed.

If any of us live in Michigan, check this out eventually (so far no birds): https://www.earthcam.com/usa/michigan/warren/falcon/?cam=falcon_mi

Welcome to Warren, MI!

21,006 Likes

EarthCam welcomes you to peek inside the home of the Warren Peregrine Falcon family , a view made possible by the generosity of General Motors. Falcons have been successfully producing young at this location since 2013. Watch and learn with this rare look into the lives of this falcon family with EarthCam!

...but Yesterday: 1669383208492_95_thumb.jpg

ukraine-hackers-email.jpg on an American (but pro-Russian) website

Haha not bad this one; we read this cute email (from 2022/11/25), title: "Email Says UKRAINE HACKERS hit this site!"

"Leszek Fiutowski 11:02 AM (5 hours ago)"

"Your continued blind support of Matuska Rossiya imperialism is inexcusable. Consequently, your internet page will continue to be hacked by Ukrainians hiding on your forum (and others in Kiev) as long as you propagandize for the Russkies!."

Hmm, I see white hat ethical hackers, surely

EDIT: Dec 1 2022, we read on the hacked website:

"Wednesday, November 30, 2022 -- Since this website got hacked on Thanksgiving, I have already paid out $1500. to the tech guys, and on Tuesday, paid out $1,054 for new software.   The new software is now fully compatible with all the latest other software on the new server.  Compatibility issues between the old software and PHP-8, as well as the newest MySQL software, really posed an obstacle to the rebuilding of the site in a manner that functioned the way we're all accustomed.  Those obstacles have now been overcome.   When the re-constructed site comes online, within another day or two, it WILL look slightly different from a style perspective.   

In the meantime, news articles are being published on this site, below this message. User Comment areas are functioning.  The streaming audio servers remain functioning despite the major hacking that took place on Thanksgiving. 

NO SUBSCRIPTION or FINANCIAL INFORMATION was accessed because your Credit Card info is NOT on my server.  All credit card info is safely stored ONLY in the Credit Card processor, STRIPE, and is never -- not even for one second -- kept on my site or server.  So your finances are completely safe and unaffected by this attack!

UPDATE 11:25 AM EDT --

The new site template is in and . . .  WOW!   It's quite a bit more than I'm accustomed to.   It's going to take me awhile to load the security apps, transfer the user info and the Subscriber info, load-up all the plug-ins and extensions . . . but it is IN!   Of course, you can't see it yet, but I can.  It really is . . .  WOW!

Oh, and there will also be a NEW comments feature beneath the articles.  The old one was no longer supported by its developers and had all sorts of issues, so that will be a big change.  "  

EDIT: Tuesday, December 6, 2022 --  After this site was hacked on Thanksgiving, I chose a new theme, installed it along with the latest PHP 8.1 and MySQL 8 and those state-of-art systems caused older "plug-ins" to cease functioning.  It is very frustrating.

We are endeavoring to find work-arounds as we continue the repair and improvement of this website.

Edited by msfntor
cute email text copied, update from the hacked website

21 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Inside my house, we once caught a baby dove and put it inside my house (because its parents were not there), we wanted to feed it, but it died quickly before we could feed it.

Oh, and this is a real story!

33 minutes ago, mina7601 said:
21 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Inside my house, we once caught a baby dove and put it inside my house (because its parents were not there), we wanted to feed it, but it died quickly before we could feed it.

Oh, and this is a real story!

I have NEVER managed to save a bird... although I have made several attempts so far... it is a very difficult task, it seems

Sorry to hear your little bird didn't live any longer...

...maybe you held your baby dove by the head?.:wacko:

On 11/10/2022 at 5:06 PM, UCyborg said:

...My mother keeps in touch with her aunt, who is 101 years old, she lost all the hearing in recent months, but her mind remained sharp well into her 100's. They were discussing that me and my brother would need to be in some shared interest group. I wonder how some other people manage to fit these things into their schedules. I come home from work and the rest is mandatory. Weekends fly-by as if it's nothing.

Sorry I almost missed this, I usually catch up and read everything here.

101 ... that is pretty amazing.

29 minutes ago, msfntor said:

...maybe you held your baby dove by the head?.:wacko:

It was covered inside an egg.

29 minutes ago, msfntor said:

I have NEVER managed to save a bird... although I have made several attempts so far... it is a very difficult task, it seems

Yes, it is a very difficult task, but by luck, we caught it because no parents were with it.