“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Sorry guys , I didn't read the posts in the last days , I was tryng to heal faster by saving my strength ... and I did !

It's fine, and that's awesome to hear you healed faster.

7 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

People do care about you here.

Yes!

@D.Draker we care about you!

On 9/4/2022 at 1:22 AM, XPerceniol said:

Did you guys notice the word Perfect missing in the thread title? That was not by accident :angel

One don't need to be perfect . Perfection isn't always the case of success. More likely otherwise. Weird, right ?

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I absorbed the mightiest Frisian energy and the strongest Frisian spirit from your posts , I'm now invincible.

Hello @D.Draker! Absorbing Frisian energy! 1saldesport.gif
Absolutely great! ssupercool2.gif I am so glad to hear about your progress in healing. Becoming invincible is very important and gives us hope that you will come home unscathed next time. :yes:

Greetings from a Frisian! :hello:

Your AstroSkipper grafiti.gif

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello @D.Draker! Absorbing Frisian energy! 1saldesport.gif
Absolutely great! ssupercool2.gif I am so glad to hear about your progress in healing. Becoming invincible is very important and gives us hope that you will come home unscathed next time. :yes:

Greetings from a Frisian! :hello:

Your AstroSkipper grafiti.gif

Hello AstroSkipper! Thank you , this means a lot to hear from you ! 

I'll be back !

Your D.Draker 

13 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Hello AstroSkipper! Thank you , this means a lot to hear from you ! 

I'll be back !

Your D.Draker 

You're very welcome! I wish you all the good things one can wish a human being, and that we hear from you again very soon. Take good care of yourself and come back unharmed! :yes:

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello: 

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

You're very welcome! I wish you all the good things one can wish a human being, and that we hear from you again very soon. Take good care of yourself and come back unharmed!

I also support that "all the good things" happen for our friend @D.Draker!

Edited by msfntor

Viral Video: Elephant Charges Towards Safari Jeep, Narrow Escape For Tourists

The 32-second video has amassed 2,65,000 views, with 1,406 retweets and 160 comments on Twitter.

OffbeatEdited by Anjali ThakurUpdated: September 09, 2022 6:43 pm IST

An angry tusker can be seen running towards a safari jeep

A jungle safari takes you close to nature, with full of flora. However, human intrusion into wild life and the experience can sometimes turn terrifying. In a new video posted by Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer Supriya Sahu, an angry tusker can be seen running towards a safari jeep. The video may send shivers down your spine.

The clip shows an elephant trumpeting out loud while chasing a safari jeep full of tourists. The video shows the driver of the jeep reversing the car promptly. After a few moments, when the tusker gives up and walks away into the wild, the tourists' takes a sigh of relief. Along with the video, Ms Sahu wrote, “I am told this is in Kabini! Hats off to the driver deft handling of the situation with a cool mind is commendable. Source- shared by a friend.”

The 32-second video has amassed 2,65,000 views, with 1,406 retweets and 160 comments on Twitter. The video has left netizens terrified and some even appreciated the driver's presence of mind. Other users talked about how encroaching the territory of the animals sometimes lead to such situations.

Check out the video here: in the link!

I am told this is in Kabini ! Hats off to the driver 🫡 deft handling of the situation with a cool mind is commendable. Source- shared by a friend pic.twitter.com/rfCQbIjK1T

— Supriya Sahu IAS (@supriyasahuias) September 8, 2022

CommentsA user wrote, “Encroaching the territory of the animals will always lead to such situations which can be fatal. Why can't they be left in peace as they don't encroach the humans territory but we do always. The animals are always friendly with the tribal population who know their limits.” Another wrote, “Seriously the driver deserve for his calm and composure. The reaction of the guy sitting next to the driver.” “Yes. Amazing handling by the driver. Decades of experience with Jungle Lodges. This happened today. This elephant charged every vehicle. He was in full musth.”

HERE: https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/viral-video-elephant-charges-towards-safari-jeep-narrow-escape-for-tourists-3330941#pfrom=home-ndtv_lateststories

- so my friends - beware of elephant trunks!

The Real Story: Who Discovered America

by Kevin Enochs

Christopher Columbus is credited with discovering the Americas in 1492.

Americans get a day off work on October 10 to celebrate Columbus Day. It's an annual holiday that commemorates the day on October 12, 1492, when the Italian explorer Christopher Columbus officially set foot in the Americas, and claimed the land for Spain. It has been a national holiday in the United States since 1937.

It is commonly said that "Columbus discovered America." It would be more accurate, perhaps, to say that he introduced the Americas to Western Europe during his four voyages to the region between 1492 and 1502. It's also safe to say that he paved the way for the massive influx of western Europeans that would ultimately form several new nations including the United States, Canada and Mexico.

But to say he "discovered" America is a bit of a misnomer because there were plenty of people already here when he arrived.

And before Columbus?

So who were the people who really deserve to be called the first Americans? VOA asked Michael Bawaya, the editor of the magazine American Archaeology. He told VOA that they came here from Asia probably "no later than about 15,000 years ago."

They walked across the Bering land bridge that back in the day connected what is now the U.S. state of Alaska and Siberia. Fifteen-thousand years ago, ocean levels were much lower and the land between the continents was hundreds of kilometers wide.

Beringia land bridge

The area would have looked much like the land on Alaska's Seward Peninsula does today: treeless, arid tundra. But despite its relative inhospitality, life abounded there.

According to the U.S. National Park Service, "the land bridge played a vital role in the spread of plant and animal life between the continents. Many species of animals - the woolly mammoth, mastodon, scimitar cat, Arctic camel, brown bear, moose, muskox, and horse — to name a few — moved from one continent to the other across the Bering land bridge. Birds, fish, and marine mammals established migration patterns that continue to this day."

And archaeologists say that humans followed, in a never-ending hunt for food, water and shelter. Once here, humans dispersed all across North and eventually Central and South America.

Up until the 1970s, these first Americans had a name: the Clovis peoples. They get their name from an ancient settlement discovered near Clovis, New Mexico, dated to over 11,000 years ago. And DNA suggests they are the direct ancestors of nearly 80 percent of all indigenous people in the Americas.

But there's more. Today, it's widely believed that before the Clovis people, there were others, and as Bawaya says, "they haven't really been identified." But there are remants of them in places as far-flung as the U.S. states of Texas and Virginia, and as far south as Peru and Chile. We call them, for lack of a better name, the Pre-Clovis people.

And to make things more complicated, recent discoveries are threatening to push back the arrival of humans in North America even further back in time. Perhaps as far back as 20,000 years or more. But the science on this is far from settled.

Back to the Europeans

So for now, the Clovis and the Pre-Clovis peoples, long disappeared but still existent in the genetic code of nearly all native Americans, deserve the credit for discovering America.

But those people arrived on the western coast. What about arrivals from the east? Was Columbus the first European to glimpse the untamed, verdant paradise that America must have been centuries ago?

A reconstruction of the Viking settlement in Newfoundland.

Not even close.

There is proof that Europeans visited what is now Canada about 500 years before Columbus set sail. They were Vikings, and evidence of their presence can be found on the Canadian island of Newfoundland at a place called l'Anse Aux Meadows. It is now a UNESCO World Heritage site and consists of the remains of eight buildings that were likely wooden structures covered with grass and soil.

Today the area is barren, but a thousand years ago there were trees everywhere and the area likely was used as winter stopover point, where Vikings repaired their boats and sat out bad weather. It's not quite clear if the area was a permanent settlement, but it is clear that the expansion-minded Norsemen were here long before Columbus.

One final mystery

And to add one fascinating wrinkle to the story of America's discover, consider the Sweet Potato.

The sweet potato, native to South America was around in Polynesia 1,000 years ago. (Credit: Miya)

Yes, that's right the sweet potato. This humble pinkish-red tuber is native to South America. And yet, there have been sweet potatoes on the menu in Polynesia as far back as 1,000 years ago. So how did it get there?

By comparing the DNA of Polynesian and South American sweet potatoes, scientists think it's clear that someone either brought them back to Polynesia after visiting South America, or islanders brought them from South America when they were exploring the Pacific Ocean. Either way, it suggests that about the same time Nordic sailors were cutting trees in Canada, someone in Polynesia was trying sweet potatoes from South America for the first time.

Speaking of genetics, a 2014 study of the DNA of natives on the Polynesian island of Rapa Nui, also known as Easter Island, found a fair amount of Native American genes in the mix. The entry of American DNA into the genetics of the Rapa Nui natives suggests that the two peoples were living together around 1280 AD.

There are other theories out there. A retired British Naval officer named Gavin Menzies has been pushing the idea that the Chinese colonized South America in 1421.

Another theory from a retired chemist named John Ruskamp suggests that pictographs discovered in Arizona are nearly identical to Chinese characters. He puts the Chinese in the U.S. state of Arizona sometime around 1300 BC.

We mention these two only because we have seen them pop up in newspaper articles recently. They're thoroughly discredited, so we'll leave it at that.

A melting pot indeed

So what to make of all this?

Well, here at VOA, we are trying to tell the story of America. And what is clear is that America was a melting pot hundreds of years before the Statue of Liberty began urging the world, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

In fact, the entirety of North and South America are a polyglot of cultures stretching back before recorded history. And people have been coming here ever since, chasing a better life, abundant food, water and opportunity.

Today, maybe not that much has changed.

HERE: https://www.voanews.com/a/who-discovered-america/3541542.html

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

Kindness cost nothing but means everything..

https://twitter.com/Hana721107/status/1567484716105744384

................:yes:

So good to see you, your postings are very helpful to detox from the madness. I've been reading just a bit quiet as of late, I guess, but hanging in there.

Edited by XPerceniol

12 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

................:yes:

So good to see you, your postings are very helpful to detox from the madness. I've been reading just a bit quiet as of late, I guess, but hanging in there.

Thank you @XPerceniol, I rejoice when you are reacting!

- I have the impression, that knowing you hardly - maybe sometimes I'm wrong in my "advice"...because I don't know too much about your present condition - for example if you are physically able to go out of the house for a walk? How are you really doing

I am hoping that I don't disturb you... by asking more details about you...

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

Thank you @XPerceniol, I rejoice when you are reacting!

- I have the impression, that knowing you hardly - maybe sometimes I'm wrong in my "advice"...because I don't know too much about your present condition - for example if you are physically able to go out of the house for a walk? How are you really doing

I am hoping that I don't disturb you... by asking more details about you...

I'm glad to know I'm helping somebody and I know you do as well like to help others. We do what we can with only words as we'll never actually meet in person.

Your advice is from the heart and I know that, sometimes we all say the wrong thing but when we have to "second-guess" our advice is when (only then) is something wrong.

I absolutely can walk around my complex anytime and should do more. I have outrageous agoraphobia and anxiety, but am working on that. When I stay locked up inside this helps nobody and only worsens my situation/condition. 

You advice when I was mentioning my dearly departed father was from the heart and you said he would want this (for me to pass driving exam) I could absolutely take the written exam as a personal achievement, but I can't drive and this is understandable and have never owned a car.

You would (or couldn't) ever disturb me and I appreciate you and others take interest and show concern. You and others (just like now when you questioned as to how I'm doing because you 'sensed' something) pick up on when others are struggling because it comes natural to emphatic people. Yep, we are empaths. 

em·path

[ˈempaTH]

NOUN

empaths (plural noun)

(chiefly in science fiction) a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual.

I will write more later and hope you have a nice day. Its 9/9 and hard to believe.

Edited by XPerceniol