“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

interroge.gif  Do not disappoint me!

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

then you wouldn't be as polite as you always claim to be. :)

I want to ask you something then: do I look like a bad user to you? Just answer honestly, I won't be mad or angry if you answer Yes.

Edited by mina7601

6 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I want to ask you something then: do I look like a bad user to you? Just answer honestly, I won't be mad or angry if you answer Yes.

No, not at all! What makes you think that? You are still very young and have to find your way, though. But, you mustn't get lost in the process. Sometimes, you should go back a bit to avoid any one-way streets to find the right way. :)

50 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

You are still very young

Is me being 16 years old still considered "very young"? lol.

50 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

What makes you think that?

Well, because your recent posts were considered shouting to me (in my opinion), since they contained the words of "Do not disappoint me!" "You're completely on the wrong track!" etc., unless you were advising me or something like that.

Edited by mina7601

@mina7601! Being honest, having a real opinion and standing by it are the things that matter. Everyone has to find their own way and not constantly follow others. And that sounds easier than it really is. To be more clear, the way is the goal and not necessarily the goal itself. :)

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

Is me being 16 years old still considered "very young"? lol

Yes, you are still a juvenile on the way to become a man. And, it is a long and hard way I can promise you. I am more than three times your age and believe me I know what I am talking about. :yes:

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

Well, because your recent posts were considered shouting to me (in my opinion), since they contained the words of "Do not disappoint me!" "You're completely on the wrong track!" etc.

Ok! I will try to speak as clearly as necessary! I am a Frisian :P and a man of strong character in his prime. I am more than three times your age. My profession is based on a large field of teaching. My subjects are maths, biology, chemistry, Latin, and marginally, physics and informatics. So, what do you want to teach such an experienced person in your age of 16 years? Your answer about my English language skills was far from polite. And, you have taken the wrong tone towards someone much older and more experienced than you. BTW, there was no shouting in my post! This is complete nonsense. Shouting means capitalization, and there was none. You are talking to considerably older men here in this forum, among others, and it's not about sensitivities. Logically, plain language is spoken here, in a polite way, of course!. You can't be much squeamish about it. And, the imperative mood used was more a request. Anyway, I thought you'd be a good guy. Should I have been mistaken about you? :dubbio:Be honest and say what you are thinking now! :yes: 

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Be honest and say what you are thinking now!

Sorry, to intervene . Honestly , I think you're just waisting your precious time talking to someoene from another planet . See , there are European values ... and the rest.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone : there's always "ignore user" button available. Well , unfortunately it's not a complete "block" , like in the good ol' days.

11 hours ago, mina7601 said:

No, please read my linked post again. I never said I was dissatisfied with MSFN's moderation. And my post was talking about forum moderation with all moderators generally, not just Dave-H only moderating the forum BTW.

I see.

I see . Unfortunately, I still don't understand . Could this be due to the way you write in English ?

10 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

native English speakers, and @VistaLover's English is quasi native as well!

This reminded me when in 2008 I refused to pay a huge fee for a British "university" , where they had a (Portugeese or smth like that) teachers . Yes, I'm not paying to someone who is  a-non native British speaker. My money , my choice. 

Just like quasi sensor , lol.

Well Portuguese literature (among many actual masterpieces) originated the immortal "English as she is spoke":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_as_She_Is_Spoke

and - though not proved - we might have been deprived of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Hungarian_Phrasebook

particularly, the very common and useful sentence "My hovercraft is full of eels." would probably have never been coined, and "Please fondle my buttocks" would have been far less used.

jaclaz

On 9/1/2022 at 1:47 AM, mina7601 said:

Well, because your recent posts were considered shouting to me (in my opinion),

smilie-m-006.gif

To shed a little light on the mentality of the Frisian people, for all who never met or spoken to such one, Frisians are basically very level-headed, not wavering in their opinion, rather calm, cosy, friendly, always willing to help, a little taciturn, in most cases not resentful, and very rarely let themselves get out of their own way. :yes: Shouting is not one of their traits. :no: And, you have to do very bad things to upset a Frisian and make him angry. But, woe betide if you do! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

to upset a Frisian

And I strongly suggest not to upset a Frisian . I surely don't need to remind the others who brought the Roman Empire to its knees and crashed it to dust.