“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

Hello @D.Draker! I absolutely have to echo the wishes of others here. I fully respect your decision, but in any case, I hope that it is well-considered. We would be very reluctant to do without you in the future! Whatever your final decision may be, take care of yourself, and if you decide to go to Ukraine, please come back unharmed! I'm not religious either, more of an atheist, but I'll try to put it this way: May the Force be with you! :)

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello:

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello @D.Draker! I absolutely have to echo the wishes of others here. I fully respect your decision, but in any case, I hope that it is well-considered. We would be very reluctant to do without you in the future! Whatever your final decision may be, take care of yourself, and if you decide to go to Ukraine, please come back unharmed! I'm not religious either, more of an atheist, but I'll try to put it this way: May the Force be with you! :)

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello:

Hello , @AstroSkipper , thanks for the well thought and nicely worded wishes ! I always admired Germany and the Germans . 

Kind, polite, well educated people with clear goals . I'm aware we aren't allowed to talk about wars here,

but I can tell about my childhood "dream". In that dream (my worst nighmare) , I'm riding an Sd.Kfz. 8 mit FLAK 18,

yes only riding, not shooting, and the reds are all around and I can't do anything about it, because I'm only a driver. 

They keep filling in onto the streets of this wonderful German city out of everywhere, and I'm helpless, 

I'm trying to scream , but the Sd.Kfz.8 crew is not respoding , that was actually a very traumatic experience . 

So lets just say I'm going there so we can have peace in Germany , France , Benelux and the rest of Europe. 

And take a bit of revenge for the battle of Berlin, of course. 

P.S.

Yes, I know FLAK 18 is anti-aircraft (not anti-zombie) , but it was a dream. 

8466513962_00ac40ea58_b.jpg

41 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Hello , @AstroSkipper , thanks for the well thought and nicely worded wishes ! I always admired Germany and the Germans . 

Kind, polite, well educated people with clear goals . I'm aware we aren't allowed to talk about wars here, ...

Thanks for your compliments! Unfortunately, not all of German people are as kind and polite as you might think. But it's really nice to hear. Anyway, I wish you the very best, hope you have all considered very well, and take good care of you! I would like to hear of you again when you are back. :yes:

Just wanted to quickly clarify that while closely related; being positive isn't exactly the same (or necessarily assumed to be combined with) one being optimistic VS pessimistic. I try (very hard sometimes) to be positive and put out positive energy (white light) rather than (foster) negative energy, but as said by @D.Draker the truth isn't always cheery, but need to know the truth to become optimistic about the future even if that optimism is fleeting and very cautious. Don't be fooled by an eternal optimist can turn to https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/complacency

Definition of complacency

1 : self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies When it comes to safety, complacency can be dangerous.
2 : an instance of usually unaware or uninformed self-satisfaction

Once our eyes are open, hard to just pretend and walk around with head in the sand ... whislt ... hard also to not become jaded and bitter and vengeful.

I've not been able to master this myself, seen it overtake good men and it was in their eyes and they could no longer disguise it. Sorry, lost it somewhere, but will continue.

Anyway ... I do hope the good is yet to come, but I doubt I'll see it during my lifetime so I have to (should be) optimistic for a future and can only do a little to avoid contributing to the anger and despair in the world. I have to focus on what I've control over. 

I feel being the best example and setting *positive* examples for others is best, because, all too many times, I've found it very easy to add to the corruption and we can attract negative energy easily and is spreads. However, being passionate about negative situations can lead to good. 

I hope.

Hope and faith aren't even the same, but I have faith that..

Negative situations can lead to good; I hope!
Edited by XPerceniol

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Germany and the Germans . 

Kind, polite, well educated people with clear goals .

hmmmmm maybe people, but NOT gouvernments "clear goals", sure. 

"The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was both a blatant violation of international law and the catalyst for World War 2 in Europe. A Secret Protocol within the agreement divided parts of Eastern and Northern Europe into spheres of influence “in the event of territorial-political reorganization” of these regions. This thinly veiled agreement to apportion the spoils of Europe relegated Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and parts of northern Romania to the Soviet sphere, with Poland being split between the Soviet and German spheres." - HERE: https://communistcrimes.org/en/mythbuster-why-molotov-ribbentrop-pact-1939-was-not-forced-stalin

.. and here: "In reality it was in fact an "aggression" pact which made Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany allies, and enabled Hitler and Stalin to invade Poland and start WW2, and also enabled Stalin to invade Finland and occupy the Baltic states - Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and parts of Romania (Bessarabia)."..."a secret protocol hidden from the world told the real story of this pact and why it was the opposite of a non aggression pact.": https://www.dispropaganda.com/single-post/2020/08/23/Ribbentrop-Molotov-the-aggression-pact-that-started-WW2

Hitler, Stalin, and recently: see Schroeder, Merkel ... Nord Stream, the German-Russian gas pipeline...etc etc

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

"The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was both a blatant violation of international law and the catalyst for World War 2 in Europe. A Secret Protocol within the agreement divided parts of Eastern and Northern Europe into spheres of influence “in the event of territorial-political reorganization” of these regions. This thinly veiled agreement to apportion the spoils of Europe relegated Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and parts of northern Romania to the Soviet sphere, with Poland being split between the Soviet and German spheres." - HERE: https://communistcrimes.org/en/mythbuster-why-molotov-ribbentrop-pact-1939-was-not-forced-stalin

.. and here: "In reality it was in fact an "aggression" pact which made Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany allies, and enabled Hitler and Stalin to invade Poland and start WW2, and also enabled Stalin to invade Finland and occupy the Baltic states - Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and parts of Romania (Bessarabia)."..."a secret protocol hidden from the world told the real story of this pact and why it was the opposite of a non aggression pact.": https://www.dispropaganda.com/single-post/2020/08/23/Ribbentrop-Molotov-the-aggression-pact-that-started-WW2

At first, "The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact" was a secret protocol of criminals and Mass Murderers. Hitler, Stalin, Putin and so on are such creatures. Furthermore, all contracts between between Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany were simply fake. The mass murderer-in-chief, madman and most evil person ever, Adolf Hitler, was very cunning. He just wanted everything, folliwing the main principle " The winner takes it all!", and any means was fine with him. He lied, cheated, had people tortured and killed, fomented intrigues and so on. May he rot in hell! 
vil2-devil.gif

PS: @msfntor I up-voted your post above, but I can't agree with everything you say or conclude. It is not as simple as it seems. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

14 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Adolf Hitler He lied, cheated, had people tortured and killed, fomented intrigues and so on. May he rot in hell! 

"most evil person ever" in Russia: do not forget lenin, stalin, those are the best in killing people!

yeah mao too

18 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

PS: I up-voted your post above, but I can't agree to all of your statements or conclusions. It's not as simple as it seems.

So you don't agree with?...says it out loud, this is called discussion.

16 minutes ago, msfntor said:

"most evil person ever" in Russia: do not forget lenin, stalin, those are the best in killing people!

yeah mao too

I mentioned Stalin, too. :yes:

33 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

criminals and Mass Murderers. Hitler, Stalin, Putin and so on are such creatures.

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hitler, Stalin, and recently: see Schroeder, Merkel ... Nord Stream, the German-Russian gas pipeline...etc etc

I don't like to see Angela Merkel in this list. :no: These kinds of comparisons are inappropriate. You may not like her or disagreed with her politics in many things, but to be on a list with such beasts is something she does not deserve, and completely inappropriate! :no: Schroeder is just a minion and money- and power-hungry old man! And, as I already said, all agreements or contracts between Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany were meant by Hitler to deceive the Russians in order to further his own goals! Therefore, a means to an end, i.e. to the very worst! "Agreements" or "contracts" between devilsdevilsecret.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Back away from antagonistic political discussion please guys.
That is not allowed here.
Rule 2b.
Topics devoted to political or religious debate, unless technology related, are prohibited. MSFN is a technology forum and both political and religious debates have caused many problems and distractions in the past. Political or religious links in signatures or polite, courteous comments in non-political or non-religious topics are allowed, but we cannot allow any topics in which the sole purpose is to debate political or religious issues.
:)