Site not working glass8.eu

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, dhjohns said:

Aeroglass has been irrelevant for years.  Time to move on.

That is not accurate. I have been using it up until now (still using it on 3 computers) and the newer broken versions of Windows are irrelevant to me. What sucks is the honorable sum of money I wasted contributing to Big Muscle's efforts and now I cannot generate a key for my fresh install of Windows 10 LTSC 2019 on my newest laptop with Aeroglass. I guess now I need to start hunting for a creative workaround to remove the watermark since Big Muscle has left his financial supporters high and dry.

Edited by BJFox

3 hours ago, BJFox said:

That is not accurate. I have been using it up until now (still using it on 3 computers) and the newer broken versions of Windows are irrelevant to me. What sucks is the honorable sum of money I wasted contributing to Big Muscle's efforts and now I cannot generate a key for my fresh install of Windows 10 LTSC 2019 on my newest laptop with Aeroglass. I guess now I need to start hunting for a crack/hack to remove the watermark since Big Muscle has left his financial supporters high and dry.

May I ask you how much is what you consider a "honorable sum of money"?

Since it would be not elegant to express this in dollars/euros, what about "buying power" comparison?

I.e. can the total cost of using that software on three machines for a few years be compared to:

1. a coffee at Starbucks
2. a full lunch at McDonalds
3. a dinner for two at your local Pizza Hut or Domino's

jaclaz

On 8/17/2022 at 1:38 AM, jaclaz said:

Since it would be not elegant to express this in dollars/euros, what about "buying power" comparison?

I.e. can the total cost of using that software on three machines for a few years be compared to:

1. a coffee at Starbucks

jaclaz

Doesn't really matter. BigMuscle set the price and we paid the price he asked. To support the project. But BigMuscle isn't properly supporting the project. Or really even supporting it at all.

It's like if I paid you $3 for 4 candy bars, but you only gave me 1 candy bar. Doesn't matter how little I spent or not. We agreed on a price and you didn't fulfill your end of the bargain. That's called stealing.

Edited by AeroSeeker

19 hours ago, AeroSeeker said:

Doesn't really matter. BigMuscle set the price and we paid the price he asked. To support the project. But BigMuscle isn't properly supporting the project. Or really even supporting it at all.

It's like if I paid you $3 for 4 candy bars, but you only gave me 1 candy bar. Doesn't matter how little I spent or not. We agreed on a price and you didn't fulfill your end of the bargain. That's called stealing.

Personally I never liked the way BigMuscle put down the "donation/license" stuff, but technically it is more like you went to a church, got a candle, lighted it up and left a small amount of money in the offer box.

There is no guarantee of sorts, and certainly there wasn't any agreement on the price, half of the board threads on Aeroglass are by people whining about the way the keys are distributed or about trying guessing how much is the minimum "free" offer they have to make to get rid of the watermark via a key.

Now - for *whatever reasons* - the project is dead, so it would be interesting to understand if the donation/license effectively shelled out was (or wasn't) a fair amount for what the software offered.

jaclaz

On 8/19/2022 at 3:00 AM, jaclaz said:

Now - for *whatever reasons* - the project is dead, so it would be interesting to understand if the donation/license effectively shelled out was (or wasn't) a fair amount for what the software offered.

Even if he didn't think it was, that was on him. We did what he wanted. Doesn't justify completely abandoning a paid product just because we paid the price he asked.

And again, I don't think anyone expected him to do this forever. We all told him to open-source it so he could completely forget about it and we could continue to be able to use the application long after the site shut down. Everyone could have come out with a win here. But no, he wouldn't do that. Instead, he chose the worst possible option because who the hell knows why.

I Honestly dont think its a waste.
Yes you might be p***ed because something you spent money for had been discountinued or just gone.
But yet the project is still amazing.
And if you want to continue using it , Then i would recommend Windows 10 Fall Creators Update!
Aero glass seems to have a bug where it doesnt display the annoying watermark in the bottom right corner in the fall creators update.
But the only downside is that you'll get the annoying start up pop-us which say what your machine code is.

Other than that , It runs perfectly fine with no glitches.
so yea dont be p***ed that you wasted your money on this app.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:38 AM, jaclaz said:

1. a coffee at Starbucks

jaclaz

About $200 over the course of a couple of years.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, Terrain said:

I Honestly dont think its a waste.
Yes you might be p***ed because something you spent money for had been discountinued or just gone.
But yet the project is still amazing.
And if you want to continue using it , Then i would recommend Windows 10 Fall Creators Update!
Aero glass seems to have a bug where it doesnt display the annoying watermark in the bottom right corner in the fall creators update.
But the only downside is that you'll get the annoying start up pop-us which say what your machine code is.

Other than that , It runs perfectly fine with no glitches.
so yea dont be p***ed that you wasted your money on this app.

You cannot generate a new donation key. I am still using it on one system. I had the ability to generate about 50 keys and now I can't generate any because the page where you do that is no longer online. I discovered the problem on a new system build.

Edited by Tripredacus

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 12:13 AM, djmagnifique said:

Stardock Curtains can do transparency.  I use this theme and it looks really good to me.  It even works on modern apps (not MS Office though) https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/curtains/142/ . you can download the theme and add it to the trial version of Curtains to try it out.

I personally dont use Startdock Curtains , just because everytime i use Stardock curtains , it just completely messes up my system at time resulting in explorer hanging and crashing , context menus taking WAY too long and black screens on startup regularly. Its not only me who experienced this issue , i have tried it on multiple computers and laptop and it also had the same errors as i did. So yea i just find aero glass extremely usefull with the Windows 10 Fall creators update and even though windows 11 is getting mica title bars (google it im too lazy to explain.). Aero Glass was one of the software that i used too much back in the time.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 2:22 AM, Terrain said:

I personally dont use Startdock Curtains , just because everytime i use Stardock curtains , it just completely messes up my system at time resulting in explorer hanging and crashing , context menus taking WAY too long and black screens on startup regularly. Its not only me who experienced this issue , i have tried it on multiple computers and laptop and it also had the same errors as i did. So yea i just find aero glass extremely usefull with the Windows 10 Fall creators update and even though windows 11 is getting mica title bars (google it im too lazy to explain.). Aero Glass was one of the software that i used too much back in the time.

Ive been using curtains for a year now, and it does none of the things you describe. It works flawlessly on Windows 10 LTSC Lot 21H2. I am using my custom images for the frames, and that is all I have it doing.

Curtains 1.jpg

Edited by Raiderman68