[BREAKTHROUGH] NEW Nvidia drivers ported to Vista. Tutorial.

D.Draker

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

yet still continues to use it

a slight off topic 

it's not that im Russian(I'm not btw) or that i really enjoy using it. on windows 10 i use bitdefender but on vista i don't know a good replacement, i mean I could use avast but it's about the same thing as spyware goes and Malwarebytes needs a paid subscription to get active detection or whatever it's called. if yall have any suggestion i can switch any time :D

5 minutes ago, winvispixp said:

if yall have any suggestion i can switch any time 

Dr.Web Security Space 12 (the current version) is backwards compatible down to Windows XP. If your license gets expired, you won't receive database updates but active protection will remain in active state.

Edited by SigmaTel71

Could the BSOD be due to the fake cores on the bloody Kaby-Lake ? See in my tutorial , I replaced the processor info string . 

KeQueryLogicalProcessorRelationship with KeQueryMaximumProcessorCount. On my 2010 board there's no fake cores and no "logical" CPUs , all are physical.

I thought about that again. KeQueryLogicalProcessorRelationship is very similar to GetLogicalProcessorInformationEx, and the stub for that function worked better on 32 bit than 64 bit applications. It might be the opposite here.

3 hours ago, winvispixp said:

if yall have any suggestion i can switch any time

Could you just control yourself ? > I mean not clicking dangerous links , etc , lol.

Jokes aside , if you want to test some suspicious software, it's better to do it on another (not main PC). It's cheaper to buy a new test PC than to pay for the virus soft.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Will do and test on 32-bit . Can't promise when. 

What I meant to say is that some functions might be easier to stub on one architecture than the other. That function is not going to be available to the driver.

4 hours ago, win32 said:

What I meant to say is that some functions might be easier to stub on one architecture than the other. That function is not going to be available to the driver.

Yep, looks like it . I'd say the 64-bit is more laxed and easier to mod (not saying easy) , just easier than 32. Your kernel would be a good example. So what are these inverted values mean ? Guessing not a spell number in the inventory. 

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

So what are these inverted values mean ? Guessing not a spell number in the inventory. 

Nope. If you are referring to the hex changes, they simply refer to a "jump" in the code, which would jump over a check for NT 6.0, or ignore the check and go to the code that would run if NT 6.1 or higher was detected, instead of halting the initialization and returning an error code (which basically says "not supported").

@win32. There are two crappy files in the driver installer folder- nvcompiler32.dl_ and nvcompiler64.dl_ . 

What do they do apart from taking up the space on my HDD ? Found this article .

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/nvcc-on-windows/46427

I deleted them (replaced with blanks and everything works fine). I didn't lose the CUDA , it works OK.

Perhaps you know , thanks.

P.S.

Also found some (telemetry/streaming) crap in the installer that I deleted. Trying to remove everything that could potentially cause the 32 bit BSOD.

nvgsyncdetours.dl_ (sync with nvidia servers?) . And some idiotic plugins that cause low fps.

I have found that the presence of the %WINDIR%/System32/NvFBC64.dll causes very bad latency and stuttering. 

And I'm not the only one who noticed !

nvfbc.dl_

nvfbc64.dl_

nvifr.dl_

nvifropengl32.dl_

nvifropengl64.dl_

https://github.com/gnif/LookingGlass/issues/362

nvgsyncdetours.dl_ (sync with nvidia servers?)

NVIDIA G-SYNC is a technology for monitors with variable refresh rate that adjusts refresh rate on demand to avoid tearing.

And some idiotic plugins that cause low fps.

Those are framebuffer capturing libraries, I wouldn't touch that personally, as I use application streaming through NVIDIA GameStream sometimes.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream/discussions/0/451850849186356998/?l=czech.

Edited by SigmaTel71

8 hours ago, SigmaTel71 said:

1 - NVIDIA G-SYNC is a technology for monitors with variable refresh rate that adjusts refresh rate on demand to avoid tearing.

2 - Those are framebuffer capturing libraries, I wouldn't touch that personally, as I use application streaming through NVIDIA GameStream sometimes.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream/discussions/0/451850849186356998/?l=czech.

1 - How do you know this exact file belongs to this technology  ? Any articles you can share with us ? I want to beleive you, but some may want hard proof.

I have a second G-Sync monitor and deleting it didn't break that technology. Besides , there's this article where they suggest to delete it.

https://forums.evga.com/GSync-active-on-desktop-workaround-m2371973.aspx

And this forum seem to have a good reputation.

2 - For example , https://github.com/gnif/LookingGlass/issues/362 in this article they confirm the plugins to have terrible problems.

If you want , I can leave them be and write a warning. What files do you need exactly ?

9 hours ago, SigmaTel71 said:

is a technology for monitors

I have a question , by any chance do you know what Display.Optimus folder is ? Some say it's for combo laptops with Intel/Nvidia . I deleted the folder , installed the driver without it , yet the switching between the cards works. Any ideas ? Anyone ?

20 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I have a question , by any chance do you know what Display.Optimus folder is ? Some say it's for combo laptops with Intel/Nvidia . I deleted the folder , installed the driver without it , yet the switching between the cards works. Any ideas ? Anyone ?

I think it may be handling optimus packages installation in the setup or when the driver is being upgraded to a newer version and not the optimus itself, because:

• File description of OptimusUpdateExt.dll is Optimus Update Component Install Helper.
  • OptimusUpdate.nvi contains various installation blocking conditions.

You can change 6.1 to 6.0 and see if it changes anything :)

<constraints>
		<os min="6.1" level="silent"/>

On 6/28/2022 at 10:01 AM, TSNH said:

I think it may be handling optimus packages installation in the setup or when the driver is being upgraded to a newer version and not the optimus itself, because:

• File description of OptimusUpdateExt.dll is Optimus Update Component Install Helper.
  • OptimusUpdate.nvi contains various installation blocking conditions.

You can change 6.1 to 6.0 and see if it changes anything :)

<constraints>
		<os min="6.1" level="silent"/>

Thank you mvery helpful , I had to be more specific though . I tried it on a laptop with NT6.1 and it didn't make a difference (with or without that folder both cards work fine). So what exactly it updates , a big question . I traced the installation with a special programme and it didn't detect anything launching from that folder . So what it supposed to "update" no one knows.