Looking for a person with Python programming skills to implement TLS 1.3 functionality in ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e

AstroSkipper

18 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

@XPerceniol guy is a good one! Therefore, I plead for acquittal. Neither electric chair nor jail! :thumbup :P

Good ... I'll count on you in the jury box.

I got a good lawyer and he said this:

“I have some good news and some bad news.”

“What’s the bad news?”

“The bad news is, your blood is all over the crime scene, and the DNA tests prove you did it.”

“What’s the good news?”

“The good news is, your cholesterol is 130.”

Or:

I could always plead insanity and my psychiatrist is highly regarded:

Doctor Hannibal Lecter MD (know none of his patients have come back to give him negative review, lucky I found him and just in time it would seem)

EDIT: Apologize for going off-top to the author and I will eventually get to trying this project out. Just been dealing with a lot in real life and caught up, you all know, we're all just trying to live and never easy for anybody.

Hope every knew I was/am joking and all but all kidding aside, should be careful as some might actually think otherwise.

Edited by XPerceniol

Alright, I know I am gonna be off-topic for a bit, so (sorry @AstroSkipper, but this is just to address some points here, on this topic)

I actually like the POSReady updates. Indeed, as @Dave-H previously said in the topic, the good thing about them is that they provide 5 years of support. I don't install all of the POSReady updates though, just only the IE8 TLS 1.2 updates. I always install these  IE8 updates, as they are important. :)

Luckily, I don't have any programs broken (or had problems generally) with some POSReady updates installed (the IE8 TLS 1.2 ones). Perhaps the definition of "programs broke" is different, and i'm not understanding it. :dubbio:

Edited by mina7601

Hi @cmalex, thank you so much for your new proxy releases! I tested your proxy ProxMII again, and it works perfectly. ssupercool2.gif Here is a new screenshot to demonstrate a successful connection to Qualys SSL Labs, established by the proxy ProxyMII from 17-07-2022, using the Internet Explorer 8:

Proxy-MII-220717-Qualys-SSL-Labs-IE8.png

The proxy settings are shown on the left side as described in my short tutorial.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

51 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Luckily, I don't have any programs broken with some POSReady updates installed (the IE8 TLS 1.2 ones). Perhaps the definition of "programs broke" is different, and i'm not understanding it. :dubbio:

Hi @mina7601, thanks for your reply and for addressing your points! And what should I say? I don't understand it, either! ( yes-us.gif, "either" is no problem anymore. Sorry, I had to say that!) A "breaking" of programs is very unspecific and meaningless. I am completely with you. :yes: And as I already said to @Dave-H, you really can't go off-topic in this thread anymore. :buehehe: Frankly, I am so happy about our new proxies, so, whether one is on-topic or off-topic here, doesn't matter for me. :no: You know I usually don't like to go off-topic.

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

Hi @cmalex, first, a big thanks for this release of ProxyMII once again! It is absolutely awesome! :thumbup And furthermore, you are a great win for our forum. Your TLS 1.3 proxy is an important element in future-proofing our beloved OS Windows XP. Establishing a TLS 1.3 connection in Windows XP system-wide or locally, is and will be very important, especially in the future times. Therefore, one cannot thank you enough! And this simply has to be said. :yes: Just a few days ago, I really didn't believe that my call here could be successful one day. You know "Dirty Harry"? Make my day? You made my day! :yes:
thanks.gif 

Ignore the guy far right! This one is not ticking right! Actually, it has to be a 10, too! :P But he seems to have a life of his own. total-lol.gif

To let WindowsXP live as long as possible can only be done by sharing our knowledge and skills! Helping and supporting each other has to be the main idea! panachx.gif

Kindest regards, AstroSkipper hiphourra.gif (The "flying guy" is you! Hope you don't get sick! :P)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

11 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi @cmalex, thank you so much for your new proxy releases! I tested your proxy ProxMII again, and it works perfectly. ssupercool2.gif Here is a new screenshot to demonstrate a successful connection to Qualys SSL Labs, established by the proxy ProxyMII from 17-07-2022, using the Internet Explorer 8:

Proxy-MII-220717-Qualys-SSL-Labs-IE8.png

The proxy settings are shown on the left side as described in my short tutorial.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

FWIW, I found it still worked fine with 'localhost' instead of the actual IP address, the same settings as my existing ProxHTTPSProxy in fact.
:yes:

25 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

FWIW, I found it still worked fine with 'localhost' instead of the actual IP address, the same settings as my existing ProxHTTPSProxy in fact.
:yes:

Yeah, that's correct. Same settings as it was before. Wether localhost or 127.0.0.1, doesn't matter. :) BTW, originally, @heinoganda set the proxy by its batch file ProxySwitch.bat to the IP address 127.0.0.1. But as I said, it doesn't matter actually. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

31 minutes ago, genieautravail said:

@AstroSkipper

The latest build of ProxHTTPSProxy (ProxyMII_220717.7z) works without POSReady 2009 updates.

It even works on a non-SSE2 CPU (testing today).

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable is the only one requirement. :P

If you want, now you can write a complete tutorial.

Regards

Thanks for your information! @cmalex already mentioned that his release works on a CPU with only SSE instructions set, without POSReady 2009 updates, and requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. But, good to have a confirmation. Thanks again!

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks for your information! @cmalex already mentioned that his release works on a CPU with only SSE instructions set, without POSReady 2009 updates, and requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. But, good to have a confirmation. Thanks again!

I made tests on three computers, just to be sure of that! :w00t:

Regards

Hi @cmalex. Any ideas how to create one exe or bat file which activates the proxy ProxMII in the IE LAN settings, runs it, and deactivates its LAN settings when the proxy is closed manually by the user? :dubbio:Activating and running this proxy, no problem, but deactivating by closing the proxy is definitely a problem for me. Detailed description of my problem can be found here:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

29 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

Hello all,

I haven't been here for a while. Is there already an exe version of the proxy? I can't test it because I don't have python.

Hi @maile3241!Welcome back! Currently I am working intensely on a new release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu. All serious problems have been solved so far. A lot of adjustment due to implementation of new features! Frankly, a lot of work, but it is fun. The original release of @cmalex's ProxyMII works as it is. You do not have to install Python. The archive contains all necessary files. Here is the post with a download link of the most recent version: 

And here is my short tutorial:

Have a lot of fun! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi @maile3241!Welcome back! Currently I am working intensely on a new release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu. All serious problems have been solved so far. A lot of adjustment due to implementation of new features! Frankly, a lot of work, but it is fun. The original release of @cmalex's ProxyMII works as it is. You do not have to install Python. The archive contains all necessary files. Here is the post with a download link of the most recent version: 

And here is my short tutorial:

Have a lot of fun! :)

Thanks but I get this error message when opening ProxhttpsProxy. What can this be?:dubbio:

sHVJiDc.png