Internet Explorer 5.5 Download Site reloaded (and maybe 6)

WinFX

I'm recreating the old IE5.5 support download site as the IE6 support site for as many languages as possible.

Why do I do this? Micro$oft removed the servers for these browsers, even though they don't serve their purpose today they are still necessary components of Windows 9x/NT/2000 and XP.

The intention is to facilitate the user of the Legacy version of Windows who needs to update Internet Explorer and has an Internet connection on his Windows 9x/NT/2000 machine, as well as for those who do not have installations in English and want to have it in their respective language.

This site works in IE5.01 and later completely at the design level, older browsers like IE4 or Netscape only work for download.

IE5.5; http://ie55browserforbetter.tk

At the moment it is only available for English, Spanish, French, German, Korean and Simplified Chinese. More languages will be added in the future.

Edited by WinFX

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the website, what's new?:

• French, Korean and Simplified Chinese languages added
  • Unofficial Service Pack 3 for IE5.5
  • Root Certificates Update
  • More ways to donate

• 2 months later...

Nice project!

However, when I install the unofficial IE5.5 SP3 (IE5.5SP3-KB2962872-Windows95-x86-INTL.EXE) on top of a preinstalled (German) IE5.5 SP2 in Windows 95, the scroll bars are not visible and you also can't scroll any page with the "Page up/Page down" buttons.

Edited by creopard

• 1 month later...