Mypal 68 in Windows XP - Custom Buttons and Extensions

1 hour ago, George King said:

Yes, no touch needed, but I found XPIs must be placed in both folders browser\extensions + chrome\extensions, otherwise nothing happends.

So If anybody want, here is updated silent SFX installer. Contains all 24 languages in which were XP released + Adblock. Mypal is installed to %ProgramFiles%\Mypal + Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts are created. 

For future updating, just open EXE with WinRAR and update all files from newer Mypal release. This installer is must have for my XP2ESD project where will be included.

image.png.855d31e24486d6f32c456681b8462cbc.png

image.png.3cc22c615eeb053024bf5f9b1ef00284.png

Now I need to find out how to enable language pack to switch language, seems like nothing happends after click on "Enable"

https://www.mediafire.com/file/opvx7nwirymkofz/Mypal-all.exe/file

Thanks for your information! I thought you needed it for private use. Enabling an installed language was no problem for me in Mypal 68.12.4b. But don't forget Mypal 68 is still under development, maybe a reason you have got problems, especially in preconfiguring such an archive. For example, Internationalization & Localization has not been implemented yet.

Cheers, AstroSkipper ende.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Addition

@George King, maybe, this may help you to distribute your archive with language files: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/deploying-firefox-language-packs
In this article, altough targeting an enterprise environment, a directory called distribution and a policy called RequestedLocales is mentioned. Maybe, it helps.

Cheers, AstroSkipper acharne.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

21 hours ago, George King said:

I finally managed it. Instead browser\extensions it must be Chrome\extensions. Then Mypal see plugins as installed without user touch :)

Hi ,George .. I'm now using your version its excellent!

Good work!

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

@George King, maybe, this may help you to distribute your archive with languahe files: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/deploying-firefox-language-packs
In this article, altough targeting an enterprise environment, a directory called distribution and a policy called RequestedLocales is mentioned. Maybe, it helps.

Cheers, AstroSkipper acharne.gif

Yes, I did it using similar way. I found where is "problem" in my repack. After first launch you need to click on each yellow triangle and enable that plugin. After that can be language pack changed without issues :)

But if you don't do that, there are no yellow triangles on second start and you need to remove that plugin and add it again manually from %ProgramFiles%\Mypal\chrome\extensions, then enable it and change language and restart Mypal. 

Now you have localized Mypal :) I will probably split LPs to extra installer with detection of default system language and install only needed LP. Plus I have scanned registry to make it as default browser too :) Will see this night about these improvements.

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi ,George .. I'm now using your version its excellent!

Good work!

Thanks, it's really simple repack with WinRAR. This one will be part of XP2ESD v1.6 release in few days :)

Quick question:

Even running it with no remote, do others have this show up in the registry?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Theodor2]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Theodor2\Mypal]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Theodor2\Mypal\Launcher]
"C:\\Program Files\\Mypal\\mypal.exe|Image"=dword:62a1c659
"C:\\Program Files\\Mypal\\mypal.exe|Browser"=hex(b):90,ec,26,3a,b7,15,00,00
"C:\\Program Files\\Mypal\\mypal\\mypal.exe|Image"=dword:62a1c659
"C:\\Program Files\\Mypal\\mypal\\mypal.exe|Browser"=hex(b):af,f6,3d,c3,30,17,\

Is this some sort of telemetry?

11 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Quick question:

I also have that registry item.

57 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Quick question:

Mypal 68 is not a portable browser. It creates a profile folder outside the main program directory and registry keys, too. Maybe, Feodor's real name is Theodor! I'll check for Mypal's registry keys, too, when I start my desktop computer the next time. But, don't worry, keep cool! Feodor2 is a good guy. bronzer.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Mypal 68 is not a portable browser. It creates a profile folder outside the main program directory and registry keys, too. Maybe, Feodor's real name is Theodor! I'll check for Mypal's registry keys, too, when I start my desktop computer the next time. But, don't worry, keep cool! Feodor2 is a good guy. bronzer.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Thank you for the reassurance ... I just monitor anything that happens on my computer. Cool as a cucumber here :cool:

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Quick question:

Yes, I also have this showing up too in my registry. Even then, I don't think it's some sort of telemetry, at least in my opinion.

15 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, I also have this showing up too in my registry. Even then, I don't think it's some sort of telemetry, at least in my opinion.

21 hours ago, dmiranda said:

also have that registry item.

@mina7601, @dmiranda, thanks for your confirmation! @mina7601, you are right. These entries don't seem to contain any kind of telemetry. :no:

Here are my entries:

"c:\\Portable\\Mypal\\mypal.exe|Image"=dword:62a1c659
"c:\\Portable\\Mypal\\mypal.exe|Telemetry"=dword:00000000
"C:\\Portable\\Mypal\\mypal.exe|Browser"=hex(b):00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

Other registry keys, belonging to Mypal 68, I couldn't find after searching in my registry editor. jumelles.gif

@XPerceniol, you can see I do have an entry belonging to the telemetry with a value of 0. This means the telemetry has been disabled. In your case, this registry entry does not even exist. Therefore, all is good, nothing to worry about.

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

PS: And, from now on, one would probably have to set the Boolean truth value of the following equation to true:

Theodor2 = Feodor2

ssuper5sur5.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Thank you ... I wonder why for your:

"C:\\Portable\\Mypal\\mypal.exe|Browser"=hex(b):00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

... you got zeros, wheres, for my:

I did not get zeros and wonder what those values mean. Obviously, I could just zero them out seems like a good idea.

Edited by XPerceniol

24 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I did not get zeros and wonder what those values mean. Obviously, I could just zero them out seems like a good idea.

Yeah, you could do that. But I would recommend to export these entries into a reg file if you need to restore it. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

@XPerceniol, did you try to make Mypal 68 as your standard browser? Or maybe, it depends on the location of Mypal folder. They are obviously different. I used the folder Portable, created by me, and you the standard program folder. And one other question. Why do you have a subfolder mypal in the Mypal main folder? nonono.gif grattermenton.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Oh yes, that (2nd one) was after I ran that installer that was provided a page before from @George King ... I decided I didn't really need to extensions he was providing so I went back to just the usual from the official Zip and put the software in program files that I create. I would rather just keep is as basic as possible and still it struggles, sadly to have to say on my 2GB of memory.

Edited by XPerceniol

20 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

still it struggles, sadly to have to say on my 2GB of memory.

My Windows XP computer is equipped with only 1.5GB of RAM. And it's just SD-RAM. But in single-process mode, and using the cusom button memoryMinimizationButton and the tool Firemin, it's fine, so far. o-k.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition