Mypal 68 in Windows XP - Custom Buttons and Extensions

If you use Mypal 68 in single-process mode, the following error message may occur when you click on an extension in the Add-ons Manager:

The address wasn’t understood. Mypal doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (addons) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context. You might need to install other software to open this address.

This is a known problem, and was already reported by me in the issues of Mypal 68. Link: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/104

Cheers, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

@AstroSkipper How can I add language pack + Adblock to my SFX Mypal 68 repack (basic SFX created using WinRAR)? Is there any chance, how to make it as default? I tried to place adblockultimate@adblockultimate.net.xpi langpack-cs@firefox.mozilla.org.xpi in various folders, but without success. Where should I put them so they can be directly used in first launch? 

36 minutes ago, George King said:

@AstroSkipper How can I add language pack + Adblock to my SFX Mypal 68 repack (basic SFX created using WinRAR)? Is there any chance, how to make it as default? I tried to place adblockultimate@adblockultimate.net.xpi langpack-cs@firefox.mozilla.org.xpi in various folders, but without success. Where should I put them so they can be directly used in first launch? 

Hi @George King, what should this SFX Mypal repack do? The versions, created by Feodor2, are only zip archives which have to be unpacked.

@AstroSkipper This is simple repack to silently extract everything to %ProgramFiles%\Mypal and create Desktop + Start menu shortcuts

https://www.mediafire.com/file/opvx7nwirymkofz/Mypal-all.exe/file

I have added XPIs to browser\extensions folders same as I saw in KMeleon where is defaultly added Adblock this way. 

Edited by George King

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I can't test it at the moment. What does happen when you unpack this archive and start Mypal?

Wondering myself. I canceled the download after realizing it is not a zip (per usual) and I would need to verify this is correct.

Edited by XPerceniol

5 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Wondering myself. I canceled the download after realizing it is not a zip (per usual) and I would need to verify this is correct.

It's SFX EXE, simply open it with WinRAR exactly. 

image.thumb.png.0dda6019fe36c83e14c6fee49eb600f5.png

11 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I can't test it at the moment. What does happen when you unpack this archive and start Mypal?

Mypal doesn't see them and they still must be installed manually.

image.png.d37cd8ffe02b8f25e8f36f5de22e487c.png

23 minutes ago, George King said:

Mypal doesn't see them and they still must be installed manually.

No one has told Mypal that there are extensions to install. What about an integration of a preconfigured profile folder, containing all wanted extensions, into the Mypal program folder? Then you create your repack version. It would be a bit more portable with Adblock and your preferred language onboard.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi @XPerceniol, SFX files are compressed archives that have been combined with an executable module, allowing Windows users to extract the archive's files without a decompression program. Additionaly, a script can be created and injected to perform during unpacking different actions. Such an archive can be unpacked in the same way as in the case of a ZIP file, too. (You can see the English lesson has paid off, Lol :P).

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Thank you...

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

To make Mypal more portable was already discussed in the issues of Mypal 68. Here is the link: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/67. Or you create a real portable version as on portableapps.com.

I used to use the no remote but now I keep strong watch of my appdata application data folders and the registry. I admit its taking a chance.

7 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

No one has told Mypal that there are extensions to install. What about an integration of a preconfigured profile folder, containing all wanted extensions, into the Mypal program folder? Then you create your repack version. It would be a bit more portable with Adblock and your preferred language onboard.

I finally managed it. Instead browser\extensions it must be Chrome\extensions. Then Mypal see plugins as installed without user touch :)

Edited by George King

5 hours ago, George King said:

I finally managed it. Instead browser\extensions it must be Chrome\extensions. Then Mypal see plugins as installed without user touch :)

Copying the XPI files to the folder Chrome\extensions is enough? No editing of a file necessary? :dubbio:I didn't preconfigure one of these browsers in the past. I have not needed this so far. What about my suggestion to integrate a fully configured profile folder? Of course, you have to edit the file profile.ini to your needs in such a case, using relative paths only.

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

49 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Copying the XPI files to the folder Chrome\extensions is enough? No editing of a file necessary? :dubbio:I didn't preconfigure one of these browsers in the past. I have not needed this so far. What about my suggestion to integrate a fully configured profile folder? Of course, you have to edit the file profile.ini to your needs in such a case.

Yes, no touch needed, but I found XPIs must be placed in both folders browser\extensions + chrome\extensions, otherwise nothing happends.

So If anybody want, here is updated silent SFX installer. Contains all 24 languages in which were XP released + Adblock. Mypal is installed to %ProgramFiles%\Mypal + Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts are created. 

For future updating, just open EXE with WinRAR and update all files from newer Mypal release. This installer is must have for my XP2ESD project where will be included.

image.png.855d31e24486d6f32c456681b8462cbc.png

image.png.3cc22c615eeb053024bf5f9b1ef00284.png

Now I need to find out how to enable language pack to switch language, seems like nothing happends after click on "Enable"

https://www.mediafire.com/file/opvx7nwirymkofz/Mypal-all.exe/file