Need USB drivers

elp403

Hello MSFN forum!

In the past, I have gotten Windows 7 to install and BOOT on my Dell 3880 tower... albeit being unusable due to a lack of USB drivers. So I thought people here could help me. I have working network AND graphics drivers, but USB is my only roadblock. I've tried many modded USB drivers, but none of them seem to work. I have the device's info down below (might not be what I need, but it's the only Intel thing in device manager haha)

Device Name: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A3AF&SUBSYS_09B61028&REV_00

If this is not what I need PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Many thanks, elp403

Edited by Tripredacus

• Tripredacus changed the title to Need USB drivers
  • 2 weeks later...

This is not an area of expertise for me but I had success in enabling USB3 in Windows 7 by using the drivers supplied here: USB 3.0 xHCI Host Controller Driver

The driver package you would need to download and try is FLUSB3.0-3.8.35514.0.exe As far as I am aware Fresco Logic have stopped developing that driver now, there hasn't been an update in years, but I have the above driver installed and my USB3 devices work flawlessly with it. I should add that my reason for using those drivers is that I bought a USB 3.0 PCIe card that had USB3 ports and the Fresco Logic drivers were recommended by the company that produced the PCIe card.