Virustotal on Windows XP

DrunkenTanker

On 5/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, AstroSkipper said:

I can confirm that following browsers are working with the new interface of virustotal.com if variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled is set to false in about:config: Mypal 68, New Moon 28 and Serpent 52.
Firefox 52.9.0esr is natively working with the new interface of virustotal.com, presumably because of lacking this variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled.
Unfortunately the Chrome browsers 360Chrome v11 and 360Chrome v13 are not working with the new interface of virustotal.com. I tried to change some script related flags, but without any success.

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Thanks for sharing! Works fine in New Moon 28.10.3a1.

11 hours ago, KeyCat said:
On 5/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, AstroSkipper said:

I can confirm that following browsers are working with the new interface of virustotal.com if variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled is set to false in about:config: Mypal 68, New Moon 28 and Serpent 52.
Firefox 52.9.0esr is natively working with the new interface of virustotal.com, presumably because of lacking this variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled.
Unfortunately the Chrome browsers 360Chrome v11 and 360Chrome v13 are not working with the new interface of virustotal.com. I tried to change some script related flags, but without any success.

Thanks for sharing! Works fine in New Moon 28.10.3a1.

You're welcome! The goal of all this is to restore and preserve important functionality in Windows XP for daily and future use. And access to VirusTotal is definitely important. top.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper ende.gif

On 5/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, AstroSkipper said:

variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled is set to false in about:config

This is not solution. It breaks other websites. I found 1 (top 4 mobile operator website).

Edited by DrunkenTanker

On 5/26/2022 at 1:50 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Ok. I added this problem to the issues of Mypal 68. Issue #78: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/78. @feodor2 gave me a tip to solve the problem by setting dom.moduleScripts.enabled to false. Setting dom.moduleScripts.enabled to false leads to loading of the new interface, a file can be uploaded and the results (Checking hash) are shown. :cheerleader: The further good news are in New Moon 28 this setting works perfectly too. :cheerleader: The VirusTotal Uploader 2.2 is working again either. :cheerleader: And presumably the reason why it works in the old Firefox 52.9.0esr is that there is no entry dom.moduleScripts.enabled. :yes:  In any case be aware that this setting could break other sites! Anyway, I'll stay with it and report if other sites are negatively affected.

8 hours ago, DrunkenTanker said:

This is not solution. It breaks other websites. I found 1.

Wow! You are great! If you read my original post carefully, you'd notice that I already mentioned this. But, only for you, I made it more readable! Therefore, nothing new in the West! And the number of broken websites is unbelievable, just one! And that means it's a perfect solution! If you want to access your great found, you have simply to toggle variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled. Anyway, great thing you found. And your conclusion is much better. Lol! mdr-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 5/27/2022 at 6:59 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Works for me!  Did you try in an incognito window or a fresh/clean profile?  This should ALWAYS be the FIRST step.  You'd be AMAZED at how many people will always return a day or two later, "Oops, it was one of my extensions."

2 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Works for me!  Did you try in an incognito window or a fresh/clean profile?  This should ALWAYS be the FIRST step.  You'd be AMAZED at how many people will always return a day or two later, "Oops, it was one of my extensions."

Works for me too! Read this post:

On 5/27/2022 at 4:05 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Ok, I found the cause of this problem. The extension Download Manager (S3) 5.1.4 prevents showing the hash in 360Chrome v11. This extension has either to be uninstalled or disabled if accessing virustotal.com. Same in Mypal 68.

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

28 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

BTW I already posted the problem and the solution in your thread! Read here: 

and here: 

Seems you didn't read all posts in your own thread! :buehehe:

Cheers, AstroSkipper bybye.gif

On 6/4/2022 at 1:13 PM, RamonUn said:

Note that now the fix was included into palefill 1.11 and does not interfere with any global setting:

https://github.com/martok/palefill

also fixes bunch of other websites on palemoon.

I installed palefill 1.11 in NM28 and I tested new interface of VirusTotal. It works without setting dom.moduleScripts.enabled to false. Great! :thumbup Big thanks to martok & co! And if there are websites which don't work as expected, you can create exclude rules in palefill's options.
But in Mypal 68 this solution is not applicable due to support of web extensions only. Therefore the solution for Mypal 68 is still to set variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled to false at the moment.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

41 minutes ago, RamonUn said:

I made a fork of palefill to get a more forgiving install.rdf. so that it can be installed on NewMoon28, Serpent, IceApe-UXP and BNavigator

https://github.com/RamonUnch/palefill/releases

Also you I check for UXP version 4.8.5 and later to know if some polyfill should be disabled

You changed version number of original palefill from 1.11 to 1.12 in install.rdf although you made no code changes. Only editing of compatibility strings and numbers. You should consider to change your version number to 1.11.1 or something like that. It's just a fork of palefill 1.11 and not an update. Otherwise it would be confusing and misleading.

I did not update version number on purpose, that is strange.

Must have been bumped in the base repo.

Edit:

Indeed it was bumped up Just before I forked, fixed now.

Edited by RamonUn

13 minutes ago, RamonUn said:

I did not update version number on purpose, that is strange.

Must have been bumped in the base repo.

Yeah, you're right! In the repo is a version bump although no new version has been released yet. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

• 1 month later...

Seems issues again. I suppose to create a program like Winja for Windows XP wilis good idea even I could to develop that but I don't understand finally how it will be with AI lmitation. Here is 1 query er hor and  30 per months.

I have not 360 usd to buy premium.

Edited by DrunkenTanker

I can confirm that VirusTotal's new interface fails again. :realmad: A file can be uploaded, the service seems to check the hash, but this checking is never coming to an end. No hash of the file is shown. :no: Tested in New Moon 28.10.6a1, latest build from 2022-07-06 with installed palefill 1.16.  I already reported it in the issues of palefill on GitHub. In Mypal 68, it doesn't work anymore, either.

Cheers, AstroSkipper ende.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content