XP VS USB 3.0

bizzybody

I've been trying to get a Fresco Logic FL1100 PCIe x1 USB 3 card working properly with XP. The card is an Inateck KT5001/KTU3FR-5O2I. Five ports on the back plus an internal header for two front ports. The upper two ports on the back and the internal header connect to a Fresco Logic hub chip, which is internally connected to one port of the FL1100 chip.

This is the only card I could verify uses a Fresco Logic hub ship with a Fresco Logic controller chip.

There are two driver sets available, one release in 2016 (and older releases) for all Windows, and ones released in 2019 for windows 7 and for Windows 8 and up.

In XP with the 2016 drivers the card works exactly as wrongly with some USB 3 devices as another card I have with a Renases controller and GLC hub. On the bottom three ports, connected directly to the controller, some 3.0 devices it will only detect as USB 2.0 but they work correctly on the upper two ports and the internal ports. (The Renases+GLC card did that in Windows 10, which is why I replaced it with the Inateck.)

With a USB 3.1 Gen 2 flash drive (verified to be *very fast* both read and write on my Win 10 systems) it will only recognize it as USB 2.0 in the bottom three ports and may recognize it as USB 2.0 in the other ports, or sometimes it will just ignore that it's plugged in.

I should try the Renesas+GLC card in the XP box but given how it failed to work properly in Windows 10, with the Microsoft drivers or the drivers from the chip manufacturers, I have very low hopes of it working correctly at all with any variety of USB 3.0 device in XP.

Does anyone know of a PCIe x1 USB 3.0 card that in XP will recognize all USB 3.0 devices as USB 3.0, and at least run 3.x faster ones as normal 3.0 instead of failing back to 2.0?