Vista on a 2015 laptop?

elp403

Hello MSFN forum! I'm glad to be here.

So I have this Dell Inspiron 13-7352 with 8GB of RAM, an Intel Core i5-5200U, and Intel HD 5500 graphics. I haven't used this as a main in forever, and I want to do some more demanding things on Windows Vista (currently, my only laptop with Vista installed is a Dell Inspiron 1545). I have been able to install it before - albeit, no drivers.

So I was wondering if anyone could possibly make or find drivers for this laptop - for Vista. These are the drivers I would need:

Intel Wireless-AC 7265
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Sadly, I'm not sure of the chipset it uses. If anyone could find that out for me that'd be great. If drivers are impossible for Vista, I completely understand. Thank you!

I also had issues finding the proper graphic driver. I would suggest you to check with DriverMagician and DriversCloud, those programs where very helpful for me. You should also take the IDS of your hardware and research the proper drivers in driveridentifier's page.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows Vista will work, but you'll have many issues (these first started appearing with Haswell) aside from no HD 5500 Graphics support. Your best bet is to get an external PCI-E device for the PCI-E Expansion Slot and hook in an Nvidia or AMD Graphics card (I believe they supported Vista until that year). If this is a laptop, you're screwed as most don't come with a PCI-E Expansion Slot anymore (if they even did). Unless @win32 can get Windows 7 drivers working on Vista as well as solve the Haswell+ problems, you're currently SOL.

On 5/31/2022 at 5:18 AM, Jakob99 said:

Windows Vista will work, but you'll have many issues (these first started appearing with Haswell) aside from no HD 5500 Graphics support. Your best bet is to get an external PCI-E device for the PCI-E Expansion Slot and hook in an Nvidia or AMD Graphics card (I believe they supported Vista until that year). If this is a laptop, you're screwed as most don't come with a PCI-E Expansion Slot anymore (if they even did). Unless @win32 can get Windows 7 drivers working on Vista as well as solve the Haswell+ problems, you're currently SOL.

I used Vista without proper graphic driver, just standard Windows one's. I didn't had important issues. So, it deppends on what do you want to do in that Pc.

19 minutes ago, Sergiaws said:

I used Vista without proper graphic driver, just standard Windows one's. I didn't had important issues. So, it deppends on what do you want to do in that Pc.

weren't you stuck at 800x600? i mean at a decent refresh rate too  

21 hours ago, winvispixp said:

weren't you stuck at 800x600? i mean at a decent refresh rate too  

I'm totally blind, so I at least don't need such stuff. I usually keep the screen resolution at minimum. I just installed the proper graphic driver when I found it cause I thought that it would improve the performance on some programs.