Is Windows 10 the new 98?

winxpi

On 5/26/2022 at 10:50 PM, Dibya said:

Windows 10 LTSC 2019 user here , i can say i have nothing to say it works but its buggy but fast and i gonna receive update until 2029.

like how buggy is LTSC 2019 on your PC?

I have Win10 LTSC 2019 v1809 on my family's Dell Inspiron 620 desktop PC (a sandy bridge intel i5-2500 [2nd gen Intel] cpu) that came out in late 2011 [slightly older than the PCs RayZen have and using the pre-installed western digital 1TB HDD but has 8Gb of RAM] and is relatively fast AND stable (few to no bugs on there with the recent updates to LTSC 2019)

LTSC 2019 feels like 98 SE (2nd edition) to me (not 98 gold/rtm)

Edited by erpdude8

• 2 months later...

On 5/27/2022 at 1:50 AM, Dibya said:

Windows 10 LTSC 2019 user here , i can say i have nothing to say it works but its buggy but fast and i gonna receive update until 2029.

So their you go ,

If that sounds like 98 then it is but i have no idea

Hey Dibya.  How are you able to get LTSC 2019?  I know that one needs five corporate licences.  I'm happily running Windows 8, and still can for a year pretty much, but I have to start thinking of what to do next.  I hate to concede to Windows 10, but LTSC 2019 might be an option, and it's supported until the end of the decade.

@Jody Thornton One my Cousin uncle is a business man and runs a company that makes power transformer and toroid and stuff like that.  He is happy enough to share ISO and Key with me as they payed for 60 Licenses but they didn't move all their system from XP as their coil winder and CNC machine didn't run 10 ,

He is happy to give me some license for free.

I will ask you to give Lubuntu a try on VM ,

I dont know if you are still using single core Xeon based workstation still.

Now a days i do triple boot , Windows XP , 10 and Ubuntu

Edit: 10 is my last Windows , 11 and other cloud bul***** coming never gonna touch my PC.

Edited by Dibya